Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lisa Porter  (Read 8166 times)
celtic_girlakp
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2007, 10:39AM »

I would think that they would not see much with the spot lights in there faces much. Although I have no idea about that. Never heard the girls say much about them seeing anyone.
Maggie
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2007, 11:18AM »

I would think that they would not see much with the spot lights in there faces much. Although I have no idea about that. Never heard the girls say much about them seeing anyone.

They are much too polite and diplomatic to single anyone out.

I have only been on stage a couple of times in plays, but yes, it is almost impossible to see individuals with the lights on you.

My brother gives lessons in stagecraft to budding actors and musical artists.
They are taught to pan the audience and smile as if making eye contact, even with the upper tiers and back of house.
I just received a DVD of his Group's production of "Oklahoma!"
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2007, 11:52AM »

I have only been on stage a couple of times in plays, but yes, it is almost impossible to see individuals with the lights on you.
Many of the venues CW appears in are proscenium-style theaters.  Typically, in this type of theater, there are no guests seated in the orchestra pit area.  When the pit is used for seating, the performers can quite clearly see the customers in the first 4 to 6 rows.  The Shakespearean plays I've been in all used pit seating, and sometimes it was almost a distraction to be able to see those people so easily (especially when they insist on waving to you).   Cheesy

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
celtic_girlakp
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2007, 12:02PM »

Well they may not be able to see you but they can hear you! I hope Lisa heard my congrats that I sent out to her at the end of the show.
lisakellyfan101

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2007, 09:32AM »

u r so lucky!!!! Don, i still have a dream to meet her and take my bffl with me..im still tryin to plan to go to a cw concert some day. i love lisa kelly..
celtic_girlakp
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2007, 10:57AM »

Well don't give up your dream of going to see them. I didn't on mine and I have seen them twice in one year now. LKfan101 keep dreaming and soon you will be at a concert and then you never know you may even meet them one day.
zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2007, 11:28AM »

I met loisa and Orla strictly by accident and nearly had lunch with Mairead, BUT there was someone sitting in my seat so had to move to the next booth.

Jim

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
jimbo1mcm

« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2007, 03:18AM »

I have a very special computer and TV. Whenever I look at Lisa on YouTube or pop in a DVD, she looks just at me and smiles and is mischeveous. I feel sorry for all you other people that don't have this kind of equipment. It is very obvious that she likes me the most.
celtic_girlakp
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2007, 10:16AM »

So Lisa has her favorite what about the other girls.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: