Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lisa's dress in Skate for the Heart  (Read 7956 times)
Sara

« on: October 29, 2007, 10:00AM »

As I posted on the Skate for the Heart review, I want to commit on Lisa’s dress during the second half of the show. It is a new black dress that does not hid the fact that she is pregnant. She looks so absolutely stunningly radiant. It is a sleeveless black V-Neck dress. My husband Tom commented on this dress and he is not the most observant person when it comes to fashion. A woman that I was talking with during the intermission had seen CW on PBS. I told her that Lisa was pregnant but did not know which girl Lisa was. As soon as Lisa came out to sing The Blessing she said “is that the girl that’s pregnant?” I responded “yes”. The woman commented on how attractive Lisa looked. Said she was going to checkout the CW web site. During the first half of the show Lisa was wearing a white gown that I assume is the one she has been wearing during the fall tour.

Anyway, I must say Lisa was at her best. I brought binoculars this time and got to see her very close up. She looked stunning and when she sings, she expresses so much emotion. The cameraman was shooting a very close up of Lisa while she was singing The Blessing. Lisa can get an award for the best smile and eye contact. She really can captive an audience.

During the song You Raise Me Up, while singing while Ekaterina Gordeeva was skating, Lisa was really expressing emotion. I think this was a special song for Ekaterina because she had been married to Sergei Grinkov and they had won a Gold Metal during the Olympics. They were training at Lake Placid when he collapsed and died at age 28. Ekaterina has been skating solo since his death in 1995. In the skating world, Ekaterina is very well received. She is a very beautiful girl. So I am sure Skate for the Heart really has significance to her and his close to her Heart.

So, make it a point to watch the NBC special on January 13, 2008, 4-6. I promise you that you will not be disappointed. IT WAS A GREAT SHOW!! I myself can’t wait to see it again!

Sara
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2007, 10:10AM »

I will sooo be watching this show on TV!  I can't wait to see the dresses that Lisa is wearing and sounds like I'll have to have my tissues on hand for YRMU...again.  Kudos to you for being a great CW ambassador!

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
flags
Total Fanatic

I LOVE HAYLEY AND I CAN'T HELP IT!!!!!

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2007, 02:05PM »

I will watch it but I will also record it.

HOW WILL I SURVIVE UNTIL THE NEXT TOUR ?
Snookie
Total Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2007, 02:10PM »

When is the show coming on? Huh

Sara

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2007, 02:16PM »

Skate for the Heart airs on January 13, 2008, NBC, 4-6 pm.
Snookie
Total Fanatic

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2007, 02:18PM »

Thanks! Smiley

07-sara
Bodhrán Player

Smile, you never know who's watching.

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2007, 02:19PM »

Another date to mark on the calendar.  Now I should get one to hang on the wall instead of just putting it in my phone.

Happy is what happens, when all your dreams come true!

Sara
KiernanKate
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2007, 02:21PM »

Is that an air date universally or just in your area?
Moscapoet
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2007, 02:22PM »

That will be perfect. Right between concert tours. Lisa? Ahhhh, I can't imagine the radiance but will get to see it soon, God willing, in Omaha. You're singin' for two darlin'.
Sara

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2007, 02:23PM »

I believe NBC is aired universally.
Snookie
Total Fanatic

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2007, 02:30PM »

ok................ I didn't read your post all the way, Sara. I'm such a ding dong! Wink Grin

KiernanKate
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2007, 02:44PM »

Thank you Sara!! I'll make sure I keep that date on my cellphone calendar.

Yes all my reminders and notes are kept electronically now.  Unless it's phone messages.
Sara

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2007, 02:48PM »

Trust me, you won't be disappointed when you see the show!!! I plan on taping it because I think it will be worthy of more than one viewing.

Sara
KiernanKate
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2007, 02:51PM »

I'd love to tape it but ever since we got satelite tv..... our VCR just isn't set up for taping things anymore.  Which is a HUGE bummer as I sooooo would love to tape this, and the PBS showing of the Christmas DVD special.

lol although I can just get my friend Catherine to do it again....... I hope.
Sara

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2007, 02:59PM »

If you can't get anyone to tape these shows let me know and I will see what I can do to tape them and send them to you.
Sara
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: