Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lisa's dress in Skate for the Heart  (Read 7957 times)
KiernanKate
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2007, 03:01PM »

THANK YOU!!!!!!!

If it comes to that I will Definitely let you know!  *big hugs*
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2007, 03:04PM »

Skate for the Heart will probably be aired just like they just did the Halloween special this past Sunday, in the afternoon.

Maggie
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2007, 04:35PM »

Skate for the Heart will probably be aired just like they just did the Halloween special this past Sunday, in the afternoon.

QUOTE FROM INTERNET:
Olympic silver medalist Brian Orser said that he will perform a very special tribute to his mother and grandmother, both of whom died of heart disease, in Mrs. Dash Presents Skate for the Heart on Saturday at the Mohegan Sun Arena.

The show will be broadcast on NBC Sunday January 13 from 4 to 6 p.m.

Throughout the show there will be several public service announcements designed to inform viewers about heart disease and ways to prevent it.

Orser will skate to a live musical performance by Celtic Woman. Among the skaters in the cast are Olympic gold medalist Ekaterina Gordeeva, World bronze medalist Caryn Kadavy, six-time Canadian champion Jennifer Robinson, U.S. champion Rudy Galindo, World Champion and six-time U.S. champion Todd Eldredge, eight-time British champion Steven Cousins, Olympic bronze medalist Jozef Sabovcik and two-time World ice dancing silver medalists Marie-France Dubreuil and Patrice Lauzon.

Each of these skating stars has a personal and, unfortunately, tragic connection to heart disease.
Sara

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2007, 06:15AM »

I have seen all the skaters at one time or another. Ekaterina was the only one that I knew for sure was affected by heart disease by losing her husband at an early age.

During the filming of the show there were no announcements or introductions prior to or after each skater did his/her performance. That all gets filled in later, so it will be very interesting to hear the different situations that each skater has experienced involving heart disease. It definitely makes watching this show more personal.

Even if you are not a fan of figure skating, I know you will enjoy this show. It is like a mid-winter pick me up to get a taste of what the spring tour will bring.
flags
Total Fanatic

I LOVE HAYLEY AND I CAN'T HELP IT!!!!!

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2007, 07:49AM »

I have seen all the skaters at one time or another. Ekaterina was the only one that I knew for sure was affected by heart disease by losing her husband at an early age.

During the filming of the show there were no announcements or introductions prior to or after each skater did his/her performance. That all gets filled in later, so it will be very interesting to hear the different situations that each skater has experienced involving heart disease. It definitely makes watching this show more personal.

Even if you are not a fan of figure skating, I know you will enjoy this show. It is like a mid-winter pick me up to get a taste of what the spring tour will bring.

Is the spring tour still ANJ?

HOW WILL I SURVIVE UNTIL THE NEXT TOUR ?
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2007, 08:36AM »

Is the spring tour still ANJ?
Yes, it is.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Virgo

« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2007, 02:14PM »

Sara.....Ekatarina Gordeeva and Sergei Grinkov....What a wonderful Love Story and they showed it so much on the Ice....They were wonderful....She in fact wrote a book....I for the life of me can't remember the name...And I have the book too....It's a wonderful story about how they met....Started skating......Their Married life together....Becoming Parents....It was written sometime after Sergei's death....I'll try to remember the title and post it later...Ekatarina has since remarried...She is in fact married to Illia Kulik who is a professional Figure Skater...They have a Daughter...Who I might say looks like her Dad....As much as Daria (G&G's Daughter) looks like her father.....Just thought you would want to know....

Ann Marie

To Love another Person is to see the Face of God!!
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2007, 02:55PM »

The title of the book is My Sergei: A Love Story.  Hard to believe he's been gone almost 12 years already.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Celtic Liz
Total Fanatic

Congrats Lisa and the Family! Welcome Ellie!

« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2007, 07:03PM »

I so can't wait for it to appear on T.V so that I can see Lisa's dress. Smiley

made by JRRacing
Virgo

« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2007, 08:08PM »

Thank You Rich!!!!!!  You Are Da Man!!!!!!

Ann Marie

To Love another Person is to see the Face of God!!
Sara

« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2007, 06:19AM »

Sara.....Ekatarina Gordeeva and Sergei Grinkov....What a wonderful Love Story and they showed it so much on the Ice....They were wonderful....She in fact wrote a book....I for the life of me can't remember the name...And I have the book too....It's a wonderful story about how they met....Started skating......Their Married life together....Becoming Parents....It was written sometime after Sergei's death....I'll try to remember the title and post it later...Ekatarina has since remarried...She is in fact married to Illia Kulik who is a professional Figure Skater...They have a Daughter...Who I might say looks like her Dad....As much as Daria (G&G's Daughter) looks like her father.....Just thought you would want to know....

Ann Marie

Ann Marie,
Thanks so much for the information regarding Ekatarina being married to Illia Kulik. I have not been following figure skating too much. I was more involved watching it back in 1995. I am so happy she did get married again, and to a skater.

You Raise Me Up was the perfect song during Ekatarina's perfomance. Especially "You raise me up so I can stand on mountains, You raise me up to walk on stormy seas, I am strong when I am on your shoulders, you raise me up to more than I can be." Perfect song to pay tribute to Sergei. She performed many shows raising her up on his shoulders.

Sara
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: