Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Celtic Woman Christmas" airings on PBS  (Read 47284 times)
m.k.c.
« Reply #90 on: December 03, 2007, 12:17PM »

It aired last night, but they didn't show any interviews with the girls. It was just parts of the DVD and then the droning pledge drive people (who pronounced Mairead's name Mared - I almost called them just to correct it, but then I didn't). 
KiernanKate
« Reply #91 on: December 03, 2007, 12:19PM »

oh that sounds like me.... considering it ended up being ANJ for me.... I just got really fed up with hearing Slane and Meath mispronounced so I shut off the tv and went to cool off. (I'm a stickler for pronounciation).
Shywolf(Craig)
Total Fanatic

« Reply #92 on: December 03, 2007, 12:27PM »

I was there in Dublin for the two nights of taping. The second night is what you see onthe dvd.On PBS out here showed the interview witht the gals though short. It might depend on the stations. It was taped for all stations when the ladies doing the pledage part. It was taped before the show started after and the theather was closed to the public. Also there is 3 acts as they say on tv. Only reasong they say that is for the pledge and extend the time. Also they did the show continious on the second night what you see on the dvd with some editing of course. Compared to the first night where there stage prepping and generator malfunction.
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #93 on: December 03, 2007, 03:29PM »

Actually the DVD has shots from all 3 tapings. Most is from the Wed night Taping, but there is alot from Tues and Wed afternoons tapings too.  Wink

Shywolf(Craig)
Total Fanatic

« Reply #94 on: December 03, 2007, 05:18PM »

Hi Mel,

As you and I were both there. I only know of Wedsnday night taping on dvd. If Tuseday night taping is on there then which song(s)? Thoough yes they were getting camera angles Tuesday night while still prepping the stage and generator breakdown for our extended break and during the day.
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #95 on: December 03, 2007, 05:41PM »

Don't want to get off topic, but it's too time consuming to break down every shot in the DVD and say which shot is from which night/afternoon. I just know that when I watch it, I can tell.

Lets just say they did a Great job of editing all 3 tapings into one smooth taping.  Smiley

Shywolf(Craig)
Total Fanatic

« Reply #96 on: December 03, 2007, 05:48PM »

I didn't expect you to break it each frame down and the editiing is good I agree. I ahve watched it to. Though I disagree on the Tuseday maybe a song or two  and during the day. But I did ask and waiting for answer from CW. Smiley PBS just takes the songs straight from the dvd.
Western_Rose
Total Fanatic

A Dark Haired Girl

« Reply #97 on: December 04, 2007, 11:31AM »

Just out of curiosity. did they cut any songs out? if so which ones?

"Make a joyful noise unto the Lord all the earth" Psalm 100:1
m.k.c.
« Reply #98 on: December 04, 2007, 11:58AM »

They cut out "The Wexford Carol" and the Gaelic duet that Chloe and Meav sing (I can't remember the title just now).
07-sara
Bodhrán Player

Smile, you never know who's watching.

« Reply #99 on: December 04, 2007, 01:50PM »

so they cut out 2 of Meav's songs.  That's nice.  Embarrassed

Happy is what happens, when all your dreams come true!

Sara
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #100 on: December 04, 2007, 04:06PM »

They said they had to cut them to fit their time slot...but YOU get them as Bonuses on the DVD...

No..its the same DVD we can buy anywhere lol, those 2 are not extras on the DVD Cheesy.

Its just PBS's way of making you feel better when your paying $100 for the DVD  Wink

07-sara
Bodhrán Player

Smile, you never know who's watching.

« Reply #101 on: December 04, 2007, 04:09PM »

I emailed my local PBS station again and after telling me in October that they would air it sometime during their begathon they told me today that they aren't going to be showing that particular show.  But they are gonna show ANJ again on Wednesday.  I don't understand them, but whatever.

Happy is what happens, when all your dreams come true!

Sara
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #102 on: December 04, 2007, 04:44PM »

Our President of Sales asked me if I watched it this weekend...I said...Excuse me? He just laughed. Then he asked if I was in it..I said, I saw the back of my head again Cheesy.

Shywolf(Craig)
Total Fanatic

« Reply #103 on: December 04, 2007, 10:14PM »

I tell my friends where I am sitting and saw the back of my head once or twice Wink
kathleen
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #104 on: December 05, 2007, 09:48PM »

I see a few back of heads! Wink Grin I can tell in a few shots when it was Tues or Wed. But I agree Mel..they did a great job of glueing them together!

GPB  aired ANJ for the begathon here on Sunday. This had the ticket offers
PBA station had CW Christmas and offered the cd and dvd for their donationathon

I was sad that the sweet lady wasn't on. The lady from GPB pronounced Meav's name wrong.

but the CW Christmas and ANJ were just great Grin

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: