Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Celtic Woman duet with Anne Murray  (Read 27854 times)
Celtic Liz
Total Fanatic

Congrats Lisa and the Family! Welcome Ellie!

« Reply #75 on: March 28, 2008, 06:05PM »

I was just listening to some of the tracks on Anne Murray's "Duets" album on her website.  That's the album on which Celtic Woman and Anne sing "Song for the Mira".  I managed to get the following screen grab from the website as she was talking with the girls and they were commenting on how great it was to be singing with Anne.

Brad T

That is that good picture

made by JRRacing
Celeste

« Reply #76 on: September 26, 2008, 09:37PM »

I don't know if this has been posted elsewhere -- if it has, sorry for the double-post -- but the newest CD from Anne Murray, Anne Murray's Christmas Album (to be released Oct. 7 2008) will include something special:

http://www.annemurray.com/news_content.html

The Canadian version will have a bonus DVD of Anne’s 2008 TV special Friends & Legends.

Anne Murray’s Christmas Album features:

*Four new recordings (15 tracks in total) *Bonus DVD - “Friends & Legends” TV special (broadcast on CBC Television earlier this year) with behind the scenes documentary on the making of Anne’s CD, “Duets” Friends & Legends with many of the duet performances from the CD.

Since I believe that this special, which aired on the CBC, included the footage of Anne Murray with CW, this may be an album that fans will want to get -- to see that footage in DVD quality...
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 09:42PM by Celeste » Logged

aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #77 on: September 27, 2008, 12:04AM »

Celeste,

Your right, CW did appear on that show with Anne Murray... and much to many peoples dismay it was only broadcast once and not put out on DVD... till now.

aislin
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #78 on: September 27, 2008, 06:12AM »

Hope someone posts a link where we can purchase it, since the DVD bonus won't be available thru the U.S market.

I checked Amazon/Canada, they only have Anne's Duet CD listed right now

Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #79 on: September 27, 2008, 05:22PM »

To hear the entire video about the album, click on this link:

http://www.annemurrayduets.com/us/

and then on "Behind the Scenes"

Brad T

Thanks for the link Brad!  Interestingly, the interview was one of the few in which Mairead takes the lead!  She does well, doesn't she?   Grin

aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #80 on: October 08, 2008, 06:36PM »

You can now order Anne Murray's Christmas Album through Amazon.ca here: http://www.amazon.ca/Anne-Murrays-Christmas-Album-Murray/dp/B001H122G6. But, they are currently out of stock. However, you can order the CD/DVD combo from The Anne Murray Center for $17.99 CAD, so approx. $15.95 USD.

Link to buy CD/DVD combo at The Anne Murray Center

They require you to pay via PayPal.

aislin
aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #81 on: October 21, 2008, 02:26PM »

Ok, my CD/DVD arrived today from the Anne Murray Center... the girls part on the DVD isn't an actual performance, it's just an expanded version of the video you can see you Anne's website. Anne talks a little about CW and Órlagh talks a bit about Anne.... and there's a bit more video of the recording process, and that's it.

aislin
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #82 on: October 21, 2008, 04:44PM »

Ok, my CD/DVD arrived today from the Anne Murray Center... the girls part on the DVD isn't an actual performance, it's just an expanded version of the video you can see you Anne's website. Anne talks a little about CW and Órlagh talks a bit about Anne.... and there's a bit more video of the recording process, and that's it.

aislin

Thanks for the information, Aislin!   Smiley

The Leprechaun
Total Fanatic

« Reply #83 on: June 07, 2010, 04:32PM »

Huh Why did I just now find out about this? What other duets has Celtic Woman done with other bands that I've missed? I know they did the PS22 choir, recently. I guess this will show me that I should check out this section more often.

Celtic Woman: Gotta love them.

Proud sufferer of OCCWD.

The wonderful Susan.

Thanks whoever for the picture.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: