Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Impressions of Lisa from Madison  (Read 4943 times)
LongBeachCelt

« on: November 12, 2007, 11:20AM »

Hello all,

Had a chance to see the performance in Madison last night.  This was my sixth show of the year, but my first on the fall tour.  My most immediate impression of the evening was how far along Lisa is.  From my seat in the second row stage right (in front of the piano) I saw her most often in profile view.  She was adorned in new dresses for both halves of the show.  She first came on stage in a floor-length off-white gown having a single wide strap around her neck and a large pale blue bow in front, complementing the hues of the other ladies.  This dress is so long that I was unable to tell whether she gave us a full “Caledonia” bounce!  For the second act she graced the stage with a deep crimson gown that appeared to wrap around her upper torso.  It is an exquisite dress that was clearly designed to accomodate her changing condition during the tour.  In “At the Ceili,” Lisa surprisingly performed in the same style dress she wore in the spring -- although it’s been redesigned or let out to accomodate dancing for two.

For all her new circumstances, her performance was vintage Lisa -- clear vocals, sublimely graceful movements, and complete rapport with the other performers and the audience.  She sings with such joy and a sparkle in her eyes that you certainly believe she’d rather be on stage than anywhere else.  And her rendition of “The Voice” was so powerful that my friends (concert first-timers) were stunned to see that this was the same person who, earlier in the show, had delivered “The Blessing” with such sincerity and conviction.

I was curious to see how many of Lisa’s actions might be diminished.  At this point she is only able to bow slightly to the audience, and of course she doesn’t rush around the stage with the same intensity as before in numbers such as “At the Ceili.”  But this is more than made up for by an even greater radiance than I remember (if that’s possible).  We’re still thrilled to witness any bit of stagecraft that she’s willing and able to share with us.  Here’s wishing her continued health and happiness on the remainder of the tour!

Rick
CWFan2
Total Fanatic

Love You Always Lisa!!

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 11:28AM »

Amen to that Rick. Thanks for the report/review. Lisa is indeed ... radiant!!

... Bill

Still And Forever ... Our Angel From Heaven
flags
Total Fanatic

I LOVE HAYLEY AND I CAN'T HELP IT!!!!!

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 12:08PM »

Was Mairead performing in Madison?

HOW WILL I SURVIVE UNTIL THE NEXT TOUR ?
Sara

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 12:23PM »

Thanks for the update on Lisa's performance. She is just so exquisitely radiant. Only a few more shows to do for the US tour. We will miss her until we are privileged to have her rejoin sometime during the spring tour.

Sara
LongBeachCelt

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2007, 01:55PM »

Yes, Máiréad played both halves of the show in Madison.  There is additional news about her condition posted in the "Máiréad Ill" thread in the On Tour section of the forum.
Capn Davey

Your Dream's Do Come True!

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2007, 04:25PM »

I love that dress Lisa looks so lovely in it.
I bet Chloe likes it to its her style.

Dave

Banner By Celtic Fiddler

Amy Rivard Forum:
http://amyrivardforum.com/forum/
CurlyandGreen

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2007, 08:43PM »

Like I said before, it actually surprised me how much she moved around (mostly during At the Ceili.) But still, she was just WOW! all around. She was absolutely GLOWING. Seriously. It almost made me cry, and I actually did cry just a little during The Blessing.

"You must do the things you think you cannot do."
         -Eleanor Roosevelt

We Hail Thee, Carolina
RMNP_Hiker

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2007, 08:49PM »

The pregnancy doesn't seem to be slowing her down a bit. My daughter said she was going to dance that baby right out.
I had to chuckle when she sang "I don't know if you can see the changes that have come over me."

Rocky Mountain National Park http://www.geocities.com/rmnphiker/rmnp
Celtic Liz
Total Fanatic

Congrats Lisa and the Family! Welcome Ellie!

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2007, 03:42PM »

If it was me all the things that Lisa is doing while being pregant I don't think that I could do all of that because I'm a BIG LAZY BUTT in all ways. I'm just thinkful that she stills has the strenght to go on with the show.

made by JRRacing
lisakellyfan101

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2007, 10:20AM »

i ABSOLUTELY AGREE WITH EVERYTHING U SAID. ALLTHOUGH I HAVE'NT BEEN TO A CONCERT YET WHEN U WERE DESCRIBING HOW SHE LOOKED IT FELT LIKE WAS THERE. I LOVE LISA KELLY LIKE A BIG SISTER. WHEN SHE SMILES,SINGS, AND LOCKS EYES WITH ME N THE VIDEOS IT TOUCHES MY HEART, AND I FEEL GREAT THE REST OF THE DAY..

TA GRA AGAM ORTIN!!!
LongBeachCelt

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2007, 02:38PM »

Thank you for posting.  When I mentioned that Lisa sings with a sparkle in her eye, I meant that literally!  When a spotlight catches her at the right angle there is a glint from her eye that actually convinces you that you are in the presence of an angel.  And if she ever smiles at you from the stage, you'll simply melt.  If there is any way for you to get there, go to a performance so you you can experience this magic in person!

Rick
Moscapoet
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2007, 02:50PM »

She was radiant in Omaha too. There she was in  that lovely white gown with a blue bow standing there singing "The blessing" all while bathed in a light from above that seemed like it came from Heaven. It was as though God was blessing her and the little one. then she came out in a gleaming red dress that shimmered. If I'd had one I'd held up a sign with one of those radioactive symbols. such was her glow. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: