Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Now We Are Free  (Read 7917 times)
jeetaa6

« on: November 13, 2007, 01:42PM »

I don't have Lisa's CD (yet) but am listening to Now We Are Free on Napster right now (legally, I might add).  this is simply mezmerizing.  a mix of a moving arrangement, Lisa's beautiful voice, and one of my favorite movies (Gladiator, of course) all wound together.

wow....just....wow!!

Jason

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 01:43PM »

get her cd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111eleven Wink

jeetaa6

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2007, 01:48PM »

i do have a birthday coming up, but i've already got their Christmas DVD targeted for a present.

Christmas right around the corner, though.  i'll have to send Santa a comprehensive CW wish list asap!!

leighlam
Featured Soloist

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2007, 05:01PM »

Got lyrics to that by any chance?

CWFan2
Total Fanatic

Love You Always Lisa!!

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2007, 05:08PM »

By all means jeetaa6 ... Get Lisa's solo CD "LISA"!!!! You will love it!!!!!!!!! 'Tis a beautiful, beautiful album!! This is, if you are a CW fan, a must have!!

... Bill

Still And Forever ... Our Angel From Heaven
Joan
Total Fanatic

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2007, 05:45PM »

Bill, you are absolutely right. Lisa's CD is just the best!!! Definitely worth the money. If you love Lisa, you will love the CD!
Joan
CWFan2
Total Fanatic

Love You Always Lisa!!

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2007, 05:51PM »

'Tis true Joan. If you are a fan of Celtic Woman in general or even just a Lisa Kelly fan, either way, you cannot go wrong with Lisa's solo CD. Truly a beautiful work of art.

... Bill

Still And Forever ... Our Angel From Heaven
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2007, 06:11PM »

'Tis true Joan. If you are a fan of Celtic Woman in general or even just a Lisa Kelly fan, either way, you cannot go wrong with Lisa's solo CD. Truly a beautiful work of art.

... Bill

Yes, I'm rather fond of it myself.  But then, I'm........... oh, you know.   Grin

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Joan
Total Fanatic

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2007, 06:22PM »

Bill,
I just love your screen cap of Lisa "And So I'm Offering...". Very nice capture. One of my favorite pictures of Lisa.
Joan
jeetaa6

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2007, 12:15AM »

Got lyrics to that by any chance?

FROM A GOOGLE SEARCH...

Song: Now We Are Free Lyrics

Anol shalom
Anol sheh lay konnud de ne um {shaddai}
Flavum
Nom de leesh
Ham de nam um das
La um de
Flavne…

We de ze zu bu
We de sooo a ru
Un va-a pesh a lay
Un vi-I bee
Un da la pech ni sa
(Aaahh)
Un di-I lay na day
Un ma la pech a nay
Mee di nu ku

(Fast tempo, 4 times)
La la da pa da le na da na
Ve va da pa da le na la dumda

Anol shalom
Anol sheh ley kon-nud de ne um.
Flavum.
Flavum.
M-ai shondol-lee
Flavu… {Live on…}
Lof flesh lay
Nof ne
Nom de lis
Ham de num um dass
La um de
Flavne…
Flay
Shom de nomm
Ma-lun des
Dwondi.
Dwwoondi
Alas sharum du koos
Shaley koot-tum.

Lisa Gerrard - Now We Are Free Lyrics

There is no translation. See more at lisagerrard.com, and a quote from an interview (provided by Nate Jackson on this website, "A Final End to lyrics dispute"):

Q: "WHAT IS THAT LANGUAGE?

A: “I sing in the language of the Heart,” begins Gerrard. “It’s an INVENTED LANGUAGE that I’ve had for a very long time. I believe I started singing in it when I was about 12. Roughly that time. And I believed that I was speaking to God when I sang in that language. Now I am filled with the Holy Ghost, that is the promise in the Bible the Church will not talk about, because this secret would mean the fall of the religion.” The idea is that one can have a personal relationship with God without the interference of an organisation like the Church.

geocities.com/temptrack/gerrard1.html

mpdallen

Integrity

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2007, 02:30AM »

Bill,
I also have to say, I love your screen cap of Lisa. I also want you to know it was an honor to have met you, and set beside you, on Saturday night in WPB. I enjoy reading your postings.

When I saw the songs listed on Lisa`s  CD, before I got mine, I though some of these are the same songs she sings on the DVD`s and in the Show. The other songs did not seem too intresting by their title. Was I ever wrong. Any one of those "not too intresting songs" I did not know are worth the price of the CD by itself. I absolutely love every one of them. It is so hard to try and select a favorite among them.

Lisa Kelly, you are so amazing!

Jim

If you promise to send me a song
Gwyn71

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2007, 04:46AM »

I'm listening to Lisa's solo CD right now and it really is sooooo beautiful! It also reminds me of driving through Tenessee, after going to Celticwoman in Memphis, in April this year. So I love it for a lot of reasons! It brings back some very good memories  Smiley
Moscapoet
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2007, 08:43AM »

Wow, great thread! Tom, we have to get you Lisa's CD at the concert thursday night in Omaha! It is a winner from first track to last. We were listening to all the CDs last night getting filled up with CW prior to the concert. That is fascinating that the words are not an official language. Whatever it is it is beautiful. Lisa, your second CD and a DVD can come none to soon. It will be a winner before the first track is laid. Send me a song darlin'!
zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2007, 08:55AM »

There is no excuse for not having Lisa's CD. I think it was my first one and has been replaced once. (Now I have a back up copy.)

I was having an issue of listening to Lisa and Orla and the girls, so I put them on my PC and transferred the music to CD in random so they are all mixed up.

Jim

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2007, 05:25AM »

<raises hand>

Ok I am guilty of whenever I go to a store and see Lisa's CD, I always put it in the front

Wink Smiley

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: