Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Girls Personalities  (Read 30548 times)
flags
Total Fanatic

I LOVE HAYLEY AND I CAN'T HELP IT!!!!!

« on: April 21, 2007, 10:42AM »

The girls ALL have beautiful personalities and what you see is what you get almost all of the time. They are only human and have their down moments but they are few and far between.

HOW WILL I SURVIVE UNTIL THE NEXT TOUR ?
Nero Angelo
Honorary Roadie

You will not forget this devil's power!

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2007, 10:57AM »

At the risk of sounding embarrassingly cheerful, I must ask: what down moments?

Maggie
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2007, 11:40AM »

Well, chipping in here, I've never seen any down moments from CW.......
but we must assume, as they are humans, they do indeed have down moments.

One mark of a true professional is....you never show the public your down moments.
They come to be entertained, and it is your job to see they leave happy.

I know this is not the same situation, but the closest in my own personal experience.
I owned a busy little Irish pub in Palma, Spain.
My customers were from all over the World, and many of them were 6th Fleet sailors from the USA. I was counselor, advisor, big sister, confessor, and mother to the younger ones. I heard so many hard-luck stories and tales of heartbreak, you would not believe. They showed me photos of their wives, girlfriends, children, trucks and gun collections. (That last one was usually from US Marines!) They even showed me "dear John" letters from wives and girlfriends who were ditching them.
Little did they know, that was the loneliest period of my life, I had suffered deep personal heartbreak of my own. But I had to be cheerful, smiling and welcoming.
None of them ever knew how I was feeling inside.

Another time, I owned a very busy neighborhood store in a nice suburb of Leeds, in Yorkshire.
it was the kind of neighborhood where everyone got along, very friendly and helpful.

Chris (my son) was two years old, my parents lived 5 miles away and we visited them most days. Chris was the sunshine of their lives.

Mum and Dad died very suddenly within 24 hours of each other.
It was such a terrible shock that the doctor gave me a shot to sedate me, and pills to get me through the double funeral and the next few days.
The customers were fabulous, sending flowers and messages of condolence.
But I could not face them. For a few days I could not bear to hear "So sorry for your loss".
Then I made a decision to throw away the pills and face the world with a smile on my face, just as Mum and Dad would want.
I put on a good act, to the point where everyone said "She's doing great! So strong"
They didn't see the tears and heartbreak behind the scenes.

I hope and pray the ladies of CW and the whole team, never have their hearts broken or any personal trauma........but I can guarantee that if they did, you would see no sign of it on stage.
flags
Total Fanatic

I LOVE HAYLEY AND I CAN'T HELP IT!!!!!

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2007, 01:08PM »

I am speaking of down moments in their private lives.

HOW WILL I SURVIVE UNTIL THE NEXT TOUR ?
Sassy

Ni Caoim

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2007, 01:10PM »

I'm wondering how you know of *down times* in their private lives and what does it have to do with their public life, which is all we should be concerned with here on the forum I think!
Thomas
Total Fanatic

I am The Voice - I will remain (Thank You CC)

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2007, 01:42PM »

Flags,

I agree with the others, what down times do you refer?

Yes they are human but is this topic/thread really worthy of discussion.

For myself, even if I knew of personal issues, I would never broadcast them here publicly.

Go enjoy your weekend and dwell on the awesome public side of the girls personalities.

Tom

PS, Maggie, should I ever get the opportunity, I would love to share a couple of pints or yards with you.  I pray that your current days are doing better.

Banner by Scott

IDIC - Live long and prosper
Sassy

Ni Caoim

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2007, 01:49PM »

Tom, Maggie and I already have a few drinks to share, if we're ever in Ireland at the same time, want to join us? *S*
Thomas
Total Fanatic

I am The Voice - I will remain (Thank You CC)

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2007, 01:55PM »

Sassy,

Thanks for the invite, I would love to join the two of you.

Ireland, as much as I want to go, just may not be in the cards for me currently.  Something state side would work.

We could always toast to Niagra Falls.

Tom

Banner by Scott

IDIC - Live long and prosper
CWFan2
Total Fanatic

Love You Always Lisa!!

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2007, 01:59PM »

Touche flip!

... Bill

Still And Forever ... Our Angel From Heaven
Sassy

Ni Caoim

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2007, 01:59PM »

It's probably not in the cards for me in the near future either, but it's someplace I've always wanted to go.  I'm not much of a traveller at all. LOL
CWFan2
Total Fanatic

Love You Always Lisa!!

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2007, 02:07PM »

Tom, Maggie and I already have a few drinks to share, if we're ever in Ireland at the same time, want to join us? *S*

Count me in Sassy. Have (already anyway) added ... 'See Ireland' ... to my 'to do' list. A couple a pints, on the Emerald Isle, with fellow CW fans seems the proper thing to do.

Cheers ... Bill

Sassy

Ni Caoim

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2007, 02:12PM »

Sounds good to me Bill!  The more the merrier!

Now wouldn't it be awesome if there was another concert LIKE Slane, but put on somewhere else (like Cashel) and we could all attend this time!  *starting to save my pennies for the trip*! *S*
CWFan2
Total Fanatic

Love You Always Lisa!!

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2007, 02:27PM »

Sounds good to me Bill!  The more the merrier!

Now wouldn't it be awesome if there was another concert LIKE Slane, but put on somewhere else (like Cashel) and we could all attend this time!  *starting to save my pennies for the trip*! *S*

Oh yes but that would be the ultimate Sassy. I was actually (already) checking on travel plans to Ireland, just to get an idea of what it would run me. It probably wouldn't be until summer 2008 anyway. Course either way, umm, not cheap to do.

But yeah, that would be wonderful for sure.

(are we too far off topic here, in this thread?)

... Bill

fireyred09
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2007, 03:32PM »

Too far off, Bill? We may as well be in another universe!  Wink

Sassy, funny that you mention Cashel...I'm reading a wonderful book that takes place there!

I don't think that flags meant anything harmful by his talk of "down moments." It was an interesting choice of words, but what I gathered from reading it is that he feels that the ladies have wonderful personalities and are human just like everyone else. Flags, correct me if I'm completely off on that one...but I read it as an oddly-worded compliment, not an intentional insult.

It's probably good to change the subject here, though, so that this doesn't get anyone's feathers ruffled.

Nero Angelo
Honorary Roadie

You will not forget this devil's power!

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2007, 04:04PM »

I'm in no position to comment on their actual personalities (having never met them), but I would like to take this opportunity to comment on their 'characters' (how they behave onstage). Keep in mind that I am referring only to their appearances in A New Journey, as that is the most recent reference I have. *savagely beaten*

*Lisa projects an image of a young woman, usually involved in long-distance relationships. (see 'At the Ceili', 'Send Me a Song') Despite this, she is very cheerful, outgoing and rather playful on occasion (see her interactions with Mairead in 'The Voice' and her mischievous look in 'At the Ceili').
*Chloe often portrays young (possibly late teens, early twenties) women. They're often dreamers, wishing that the world was different ('Someday') or asking for protection for themselves or their loved ones (naturally, 'The Prayer').
*Órlagh is usually the eldest of the women, singing about forgotten ruins ('Newgrange') or her long-lost lover ('Carrickfergus').
*Méav: easily the most energetic (after Mairead, of course) of the group. She sings everything from songs about her lover ('Danny Boy', 'She Moved Through The Fair') to songs about other lovers (Dulaman). She is sometimes courted by several men at once ('At the Ceili'), or she is already engaged ('She Moved Through The Fair' again).
*Mairead, though never shunned, could be considered the outsider. She often performs alone, occasionally accompanied by Nick and Ray ('The Pacific Slope', 'The Ashoken Farewell-The Contradiction'), who treat her as one of their own. She responds in kind, twirling between them and shooting them fond smiles, which they return.
*At first glance, Hayley seems even younger than Chloe. A small, quiet girl, she smiles often, yet there is a strangely melancholy air about her, as if her thoughts are elsewhere.

Keep in mind this is just my interpretation of their onstage 'characters', not of the women themselves.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: