Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Girls Personalities  (Read 30550 times)
fireyred09
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2007, 04:28PM »

Heck, you could make a movie with that character analysis, flip! (It was very nice!)

The Woman Within - the story of 6 achingly beautiful and talented women and their search for their inner-selves. Coming soon to a theatre near you.

Directed by: flip8

I'd give that an oscar!  Grin
CWFan2
Total Fanatic

Love You Always Lisa!!

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2007, 04:34PM »

I'm in no position to comment on their actual personalities (having never met them), but I would like to take this opportunity to comment on their 'characters' (how they behave onstage). Keep in mind that I am referring only to their appearances in A New Journey, as that is the most recent reference I have. *savagely beaten*

*Lisa projects an image of a young woman, usually involved in long-distance relationships. (see 'At the Ceili', 'Send Me a Song') Despite this, she is very cheerful, outgoing and rather playful on occasion (see her interactions with Mairead in 'The Voice' and her mischievous look in 'At the Ceili').
*Chloe often portrays young (possibly late teens, early twenties) women. They're often dreamers, wishing that the world was different ('Someday') or asking for protection for themselves or their loved ones (naturally, 'The Prayer').
*Órlagh is usually the eldest of the women, singing about forgotten ruins ('Newgrange') or her long-lost lover ('Carrickfergus').
*Méav: easily the most energetic (after Mairead, of course) of the group. She sings everything from songs about her lover ('Danny Boy', 'She Moved Through The Fair') to songs about other lovers (Dulaman). She is sometimes courted by several men at once ('At the Ceili'), or she is already engaged ('She Moved Through The Fair' again).
*Mairead, though never shunned, could be considered the outsider. She often performs alone, occasionally accompanied by Nick and Ray ('The Pacific Slope', 'The Ashoken Farewell-The Contradiction'), who treat her as one of their own. She responds in kind, twirling between them and shooting them fond smiles, which they return.
*At first glance, Hayley seems even younger than Chloe. A small, quiet girl, she smiles often, yet there is a strangely melancholy air about her, as if her thoughts are elsewhere.

Keep in mind this is just my interpretation of their onstage 'characters', not of the women themselves.

flip ... I'm glad you finally see it my way.  Wink

... Bill

Still And Forever ... Our Angel From Heaven
Nero Angelo
Honorary Roadie

You will not forget this devil's power!

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2007, 04:38PM »

Well, hard not to. Nothing's funnier than cancer.
...Sorry, wrong line. *searches through script*
Well, hard not to.

CWFan2
Total Fanatic

Love You Always Lisa!!

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2007, 04:59PM »

Well, hard not to.

flip, umm, yeah. (I think).

... Bill

jsharp

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2007, 05:17PM »

Well, hard not to.

... Bill

It's a line from House. And a scriptwriters' joke about what they are forbidden to kid about.

At the risk of setting off sirens, I think we've all wondered what life must be like for them offstage. At least for a mcirosecond.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 05:19PM by jsharp1701 » Logged

“You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” - Anne Lamott

fireyred09
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2007, 05:23PM »

Definitely, Johnny!

In some of their interviews, they talk about life on the road, and I imagine all the girls sitting around the bus drinking their Irish tea that they've said they love.
CWFan2
Total Fanatic

Love You Always Lisa!!

« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2007, 05:29PM »

Well, hard not to.

... Bill

It's a line from House. And a scriptwriters' joke about what they are forbidden to kid about.

At the risk of setting off sirens, I think we've all wondered what life must be like for them offstage. At least for a mcirosecond.

Thank you kindly Johnny, for clearing that up for me. Flip likes to keep one on his toes.

... Bill

Nero Angelo
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2007, 05:30PM »

Well, during concerts, I imagine they're (at least a little bit) worried about the next song.
Before and after, though, they probably try their best to unwind (I'm not going to try to guess how).
CWFan2: I do my best. Smiley

jsharp

« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2007, 05:55PM »

Definitely, Johnny!

In some of their interviews, they talk about life on the road, and I imagine all the girls sitting around the bus drinking their Irish tea that they've said they love.

Or lying face-down in their bunk yelling, "My feet are killing me!" into their pillows.

“You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” - Anne Lamott

Nero Angelo
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2007, 05:57PM »

Screaming into pillows, while not very good for the lungs (in the long-term), can be rather stress-relieving.
Though pillow-punching is far more dignified...

celticdreamer00
Choir Member

Dreaming of Celtic Woman (Thank You CC)

« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2007, 06:02PM »

I deleted my original post and apologize if I offended anyone especially CW.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 12:05PM by celticdreamer00 » Logged

Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult.
                               Charlotte Whitten
Nero Angelo
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2007, 06:03PM »

That would be a sight...
Not in that way. Tongue

jsharp

« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2007, 06:07PM »

That would be a sight...
Not in that way. Tongue

There's no right way for a guy to touch this. Just set the imagery down and step away ...

Nero Angelo
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2007, 06:08PM »

You'll never take me alive, copper!

fireyred09
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2007, 06:09PM »

Men...  Roll Eyes

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: