Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Helen Kelly  (Read 65050 times)
CelticWomanFan425
Honorary Roadie

I saw Meav perform for the 1st time on 3/10/15

« Reply #90 on: September 18, 2009, 04:45PM »

omg I nearly fainted when I heard Helen's version of Fields of Gold on her Myspace page!  It is so good and I wish that it was on youtube or itunes...

The girl can do more than be beautiful. She can sing pretty darn well too.  Wink

... Bill

yep!

I met David Downes,Susan McFadden, Lynn, Lisa K(2x), Eabha, Mairead N, Mairead C, Chloe(2x), Lisa Lambe(2x), Orla, Anthony Byrne & Sarah Gannon, Edel Chan Murphy, Ewan Cowley (2x) & Roisin Dempsey.
Natalia
Bodhrán Player

May 12 was a wonderful day!

« Reply #91 on: September 19, 2009, 07:42PM »

Helen stood out to me from the beginning, I thought I saw a resemblance to Lisa.

CWFan2
Total Fanatic

Love You Always Lisa!!

« Reply #92 on: September 19, 2009, 08:09PM »

Helen stood out to me from the beginning, I thought I saw a resemblance to Lisa.

The very first time I saw Live At Slane Castle, nearly 3 years ago, I noticed Helen. I didn't know who she was, at the time. I didn't know she and Lisa were sisters, at the time. For that matter, I didn't know who Lisa was either, at that time. But, I still to this day remember thinking to myself ... "who is she, I have to find out who she is" the very second I saw Helen. Yes indeed, she did just stand right out. And she still does today. Even more so. I don't know if I could ever really explain it but, there is indeed something special about Helen.

... Bill

Still And Forever ... Our Angel From Heaven
CelticWomanFan425
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #93 on: October 02, 2009, 10:35AM »

Yeah, same here, and when I saw the very first show, I thought "there are 2 girls that look so much like eachother...I bet that they are sisters...and then i looked at the dvd credits and sure enough...they are sisters!

I met David Downes,Susan McFadden, Lynn, Lisa K(2x), Eabha, Mairead N, Mairead C, Chloe(2x), Lisa Lambe(2x), Orla, Anthony Byrne & Sarah Gannon, Edel Chan Murphy, Ewan Cowley (2x) & Roisin Dempsey.
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #94 on: October 12, 2009, 05:24PM »

I got the opportunity to ask Lisa about Helen at the Meet & Greet in Evansville Saturday night.  Lisa told me Helen is back in school and consequently has no plans to rejoin the tour.  That includes the Spring tour as well!  Cry Cry Cry

CelticWomanFan425
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #95 on: October 12, 2009, 06:03PM »

I got the opportunity to ask Lisa about Helen at the Meet & Greet in Evansville Saturday night.  Lisa told me Helen is back in school and consequently has no plans to rejoin the tour.  That includes the Spring tour as well!  Cry Cry Cry

Wait....Helen isnt with CW anymore?!?!?!!  Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry...ok im really confused.  In the Powerscourt spoiler Powerscourt photshoot section of the forum, there are 2 pics of them performing, and there is a girl in the choir that looks exactly like Helen...is everyone sure that she left??? look at the 2 photos and you will see what i mean.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 06:25PM by LisaKellyFan425 » Logged

Lisa and Helen fanatic
Bodhrán Player

Lisa K ALWAYS brightens my day no matter what.

« Reply #96 on: October 12, 2009, 07:48PM »

I think my heart just broke.  Cry
No Helen?  Cry Cry Cry
But...but...but... Cry

LisaKelly425, you're correct, that is her in the spoiler pics.  I guess she's not touring though.  Which totally breaks my heart.

BUT...good for her for going to school!  Helen, we love you dearly and want what's best for you.  So if we have to give up seeing you on tour for you to further your education, then I wish you well in school.  You're amazing and adored by many.  Kiss

I love my Kelly sisters! Cheesy
CelticWomanFan425
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #97 on: October 12, 2009, 07:52PM »

I think my heart just broke.  Cry
No Helen?  Cry Cry Cry
But...but...but... Cry

LisaKelly425, you're correct, that is her in the spoiler pics.  I guess she's not touring though.  Which totally breaks my heart.

BUT...good for her for going to school!  Helen, we love you dearly and want what's best for you.  So if we have to give up seeing you on tour for you to further your education, then I wish you well in school.  You're amazing and adored by many.  Kiss

I agree completely but it makes me sad b/c I have never seen CW in concert and I was hoping that when i finally get to a CW concert, that she would be there

Lisa and Helen fanatic
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #98 on: October 12, 2009, 07:53PM »

I agree completely but it makes me sad b/c I have never seen CW in concert and I was hoping that when i finally get to a CW concert, that she would be there

Well maybe she'll come back.  Its hard to turn away from something like CW because it becomes part of who you are.

Jeanine
Honorary Roadie

Christmas Symphony Tour was WONderful!!

« Reply #99 on: October 12, 2009, 08:30PM »

Helen, good luck with returning to school!! We wish you the very best!  You will be missed on the tours.  We hope perhaps you'll eventually return.  Meanwhile, have a wonderful upcoming year(s) in school!  Take care!  Smiley

"Come to Me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." - Jesus Christ
(Matthew 11:28)
CWFan2
Total Fanatic

Love You Always Lisa!!

« Reply #100 on: October 13, 2009, 03:31AM »

Well, as disappointed as I am to find out that Helen did not return on this Fall Tour, nor will she be back (at this point) on the 2010 Spring Tour, I will never the less, welcome Sarah Burke into the fold.

As for Helen:

It's no secret how fond I am of Helen. I truly think she is quite special (along with Lisa, of course) and she shines like a diamond up there every night. She has long since become my favorite member of the Choir. I 'talked' with her throughout the 2009 Spring IOH Tour and of course, numerous times conveyed my desire that she stay with CW on the upcoming Tours. As soon as I had returned home from the Red Rocks concerts, and news was breaking about this '09 Fall Tour, I was on her like chrome on a bumper, to please stay with CW. She, for her own reasons, I would have to guess, never gave me any indication that she would not be returning. Again, I'm sure she has her reasons and she most certainly is entitled to her privacy and her own life. As much as it pains me to learn she is not on this Tour, I never-the-less want her to do what she feels is best. As with every, single member of our beloved Celtic Woman, I only wish each of them happiness and the very best of life. Naturally, although hurt to learn I won't see her, this goes for Helen as well.

I'm not sure why she gave no indication that she would not be back (maybe she knew it would break my heart) but, I will not pester her about it. I will write her again and thank her for the time(s) she was here and wish her the very best and let her know we all love her and support her in whatever she chooses to do. I will, of course, mention how much I, in particular, will miss her. I'm sure she'll understand that. She knows how fond I am of her.

Not the happiest of news, especially for me. But, as they say ... the show must go on. (And thankfully, it does).

... Bill

CWFan2
Total Fanatic

Love You Always Lisa!!

« Reply #101 on: October 13, 2009, 05:58PM »

A little bit of an update, for any of Helen's fans who may still be somewhat in the dark on this. I received a message from Una today (Tuesday), verifying that Helen is indeed at home and back in school but, that she (Una) Catherine and newest Choir member Sarah Burke are indeed here for the Tour.

Here's what Una had to say:

hi bill....

yeah helen went back to school and she is doing great, i am here with catherine and sarah burke, who is a lovely talented girl.

una

(Thanks Una for taking the time to update us).

Sad news for us Helen fans but, there you have it. Hopefully Helen comes back for a Tour somewhere along the way.

In the meantime, I will be writing to Helen (as soon as I get a few minutes to devote to a letter to her) to express our sadness over her not being here BUT to thank her for all the times she was here and to remind her how much we love her and support her in all she chooses to do.

... Bill
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 06:01PM by CWFan2 » Logged

Lisa and Helen fanatic
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #102 on: October 13, 2009, 06:03PM »

Thanks for the update Bill and thank you Una for responding!  We love ya girl!

Its sad that Helen is gone for now but lets hope she comes back soon.  Smiley

And please send Helen all of our love when you write her.  Cheesy

CWFan2
Total Fanatic

Love You Always Lisa!!

« Reply #103 on: October 13, 2009, 06:08PM »

Thanks for the update Bill and thank you Una for responding!  We love ya girl!

Its sad that Helen is gone for now but lets hope she comes back soon.  Smiley

And please send Helen all of our love when you write her.  Cheesy

Wink

... Bill

lovelycherylwinner
Total Fanatic

« Reply #104 on: October 14, 2009, 10:53PM »

Didn't know she was her sister. Will miss not seeing her on tour . But she has to Do what is best for her. Good luck at school and hope you get your degree very soon. Just recived a Helen Kelly button and now will cherish even more. Thanks for the update Bill and Una.

The treasure of true freindship will never lose its glow.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: