Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vote on CW Christmas Song for Radio Stations to Play  (Read 10715 times)
Celtic Liz
Total Fanatic

Congrats Lisa and the Family! Welcome Ellie!

« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2007, 09:47PM »

Green The Whole Year Around
O Holy Night (It shows off there really good voices)
Christmas Pipes(cuz no one over here has actually heard it)

These are all my favorite ones

made by JRRacing
07-sara
Bodhrán Player

Smile, you never know who's watching.

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2007, 09:54PM »

I was thinking why they would release Carol of the Bells versus another song.  After having Christmas music playing since the first and past years, Carol of the Bells isn't played very often, at least in KC. Out of the songs that most people know to me is played the least, therefore I would think it would make a lasting impression.  Just my thoughts.

Happy is what happens, when all your dreams come true!

Sara
rosie l

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2007, 09:04PM »

If" Green the Whole Year Round"
 is off the table I'd choose " Christmas Pipes."

Rosie
kidrose

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2007, 10:53AM »

I love O Holy Night, but I'm also partial to O Come All Ye Faithful.

If I had to choose  Angry (they make it very difficult) I would go with O Holy Night.   Smiley
CRRopes
CWF Global Moderator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2007, 02:12PM »

I'd probably go with O Holy Night or Let it Snow. The only reason I might not choose Let it Snow is that it's not really representative of the rest of their work, so if someone heard it and bought the CD expecting more of that, they might actually be *gasp* disappointed! It's hard to imagine anyone being disappointed in that CD but you never know. If they came into it expecting that sort of sound and realized it was only on the one song, they might not like it as much. O Holy Night is much more in line with their traditional sound. Plus, it's scary good.

Chris

eskimo87
Honorary Roadie

*POOOOKE*

« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2007, 12:50AM »

i would choose i think Christmas Pipes. only beause oh holy night is a big christmas song and alot of people sing it but i have only heard celtic woman sing christmas pipes so yeah thats the one i choose
Joan
Total Fanatic

« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2007, 08:25AM »

I would select Green the Whole Year Round for my first choice. It's a new song that no one else has song. However, only Lisa is singing and not everyone else. So my second selection would be Christmas Pipes. So one solo by my favorite Lisa and one by all the girls.

Joan
Capn Davey

Your Dream's Do Come True!

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2007, 09:50AM »

Green The Whole Year Round has my VOTE ok make it 2 votes
ill cheat a bit.

Dave
« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 09:51AM by Capn Davey » Logged

Banner By Celtic Fiddler

Amy Rivard Forum:
http://amyrivardforum.com/forum/
SusanZ
CWF Global Moderator
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2007, 01:54PM »

Their rendition of "O Holy Night" gives me chills - so that's my pick.

I love " Little Drummer Boy " too - but as that is a duet with Orlagh & Chloe, I'll go with a song where all the women are featured.

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
CTofer

« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2007, 10:33AM »

On a whim, I wrote in to a local radio station about CW getting some airtime here. They play pretty much nothing but Christmas music this time of year during the local program hour shifts so I figured this would be a good opportunity. Any music requests are to be directed to the DJs, which I did....and here was the response I got:

We do not play anything from Celtic Woman as yet. I will send an email to our program director to get some in rotation. I love them as well.
In fact, my sister in South Carolina called me over the weekend. She heard them for the first time and is just in love with their music.
Thank you for your email and I will forward this to the appropriate people.
-L

Sounds like the word is very much out there and getting around Smiley
mark1

« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2007, 04:31PM »

Great -- thanks for trying to get them played!  I have been listening to our radio station that has been playing nothing but Christmas music for over a month now and still no CW.  Has anybody out there heard any CW Christmas songs on their radio stations yet?
John910

« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2007, 12:36AM »

You might try "religious" or "contempoary Christian" stations in your area.

Right now I am listening online to AM 1230 KOY out of Arizona.
They are an adult standards type station and the satellite music network they use just played the remake of "Last Christmas" by Ashley Tilsdale? from High School Musical.

I think Celtic Woman would fit more in with their format than the remake of "Last Christmas".

If I hear Celtic Woman I'll post it hear.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: