Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello from Kentucky  (Read 9380 times)
Aria

« on: November 24, 2007, 02:19PM »

This forum is amazing, there is so much to read here! I joined a couple of weeks ago and I have just now worked my way to the bottom of the opening page to find this section. I'm a detail reader, I suppose, I've been trying to take in everything about the lovely members of Celtic Woman.

My name is Ruby. I've been checking in to Órlagh's forum for a while and joined Méav's forum when it began. I was reading Lisa's site until it disappeared and I sometimes read Chloe's and Máiréad's sites, but never came across this forum until I saw it discussed on another forum. If it is linked anywhere on the Official Celtic Woman site, I've never seen it. Anyway . . .

I teach elementary music (and art) in a small Kentucky school. I love to make an opportunity to introduce my students to Celtic Woman. I usually work in some segments from the DVDs with my 6th grade students when we study music from Ireland. It is interesting to listen to their comments on each of the performers. I have attended two live performances and am looking forward to a third. I just discovered last evening, thanks to  the forum, that CW will be back in my area in April!!!

I discoverd Celtic Woman because I love Celtic music and I started seeing their CDs in the stores. I bought their first CD and was impressed. Then I bought the DVD. After that, I was hooked. I now have almost all of their solo projects. I still need Chloe's DVD, it's on my Christmas wish list.

I am enjoying this forum, you all seem so friendly and I recognize some of you from Órlagh's and Méav's forums. I'm glad to finally begin meeting some other CW fans, too. My appreciation for the performers and for their music just keeps on growing.

Aria
Moscapoet
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2007, 02:29PM »

Welcome to the forum Aria! The blue grass state has so much in common with Ireland in its lush green landscape and love for horses. You are indeed among friends, and among family with a common love for CW and parts thereof. Enjoy yourself and again, welcome!
Trouble
Bodhrán Player

Play with Fire.

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2007, 02:31PM »

Welcome Aria! So glad you finally decided to join. This forum is not linked to the Official CW site. You will have lots of fun here.

Thanks Lindsey
loveCW

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2007, 02:34PM »

Welcome Aria!!! Have fun posting! Smiley

Decode....

Lisa_Kelly_fan_forever
Total Fanatic

FaFo...."Why am I so Caramel Cinamonny?"

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2007, 02:34PM »

Hey Aria, from one southern gal to another!  Glad you made it over. Smiley

Good to hear that there is someone to teach the kids in KY what good music sounds like.

FaFo

PS   Since this is a fan forum, it has no official standing with CW, and is run completely by their supporters.  *Rich, Lindsey and the Mods! Wink *
« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 02:49PM by Lisa_Kelly_fan_forever » Logged

Proud to be a FANTIE!!! Grin Grin

A positive attitude may not solve all of your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. Grin
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2007, 02:35PM »

We're delighted you've joined us, Ruby.  We're always especially delighted to greet another teacher.  "A good teacher is like a candle - it consumes itself to light the way for others."

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Anderpaw
Total Fanatic

Love the pipes!

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2007, 02:48PM »

Welcome to the forum, Aria. Always glad to see another Kentuckian.

Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2007, 04:20PM »

I've already welcomed you and introduced myself in another topic in the first place.

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2007, 06:02PM »

Welcome to the CW Forum, Aria!  You're not following me are you ?  Wink  Grin

Looking forward to reading your posts here as well!
Kelli

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2007, 06:49PM »

Welcome, Ruby.  Great post!
celticdreamer00
Choir Member

Dreaming of Celtic Woman (Thank You CC)

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2007, 07:10PM »

Welcome to our forum family Ruby.  Please make yourself at home.

Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult.
                               Charlotte Whitten
Aria

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2007, 07:15PM »

Thanks for all the welcomes. I've previously received welcoming messages from CelticFan06 and Snookie, and yes, KAJ, Kimberly, I haven't forgotten your welcome, too. Thanks.

I didn't know I was following you, Kelli, but I'm certain you would make a great leader. With 1000 posts you must know what you are doing.  Wink

Aria
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2007, 07:29PM »

Aaaghh!  I didn't know I'd reached 1000 posts (see, maybe you want to rethink the idea of me being a good leader LOL)  I'm a total fanatic now!  Grin

Seriously, it's great to have you here Aria.  I've seen you on both Órlagh and Méav's forums...two of my many favorite CW ladies  Wink

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
poohbear
Honorary Roadie

funcle

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2007, 01:42AM »

WELCOME ARIA!
07-sara
Bodhrán Player

Smile, you never know who's watching.

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2007, 01:48AM »

Welcome to the forum.

Happy is what happens, when all your dreams come true!

Sara
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: