Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: When listening to the music in the car....  (Read 8510 times)
countrygal

Tha mo chas air ceann mo naimhdean

« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2007, 08:22AM »

Now I do sing to everything in the car. I don't have a very good singing voice, but I sing. I've gotten some pretty weird looks. lol
So when are we going to do the "Singing Dulaman in the Car" Day?  Cool Cool

fieryred09, I have a cousin who would read the newspaper while driving to and from work. And you don't really dance but tapping your left foot, tapping/occasional banging on the steering wheel, shoulder wiggling.  Smiley

Maggie,
 I'm very careful 17 year old when I drive. I only do the shoulder wiggle when i'm on a staight stretch with no other cars around. I live in a place where the back roads aren't used that much. Now if I'm on highway 17, I don't sing or dance at all with the radio. And the cellphones aren't a proplem either as far as distraction goes. hehe Here in North Carolina if you are under the age 18(I think) and are driving you can not be on the cellphone talking. Emergencies are an exception. You can get in big trouble if you are caught.  Shocked
No, you don't sound like a fuddy-duddy.  Wink Just someone who cares.   

« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 10:16AM by countrygal » Logged

Jami

I love Aragorn!
zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2007, 08:33AM »

I have a cousin who would read the newspaper while driving to and from work.

Was he in a motor vehicle or horse drawn wagon?
 Grin

We country folk know about backroads and in my day there were no such things as mobile phones or even cordless one and teh max speedlimit on the highway was 50. (big uproar when it went to 55.

Jim.

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
countrygal

Tha mo chas air ceann mo naimhdean

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2007, 10:19AM »

Was he in a motor vehicle or horse drawn wagon?
 Grin

We country folk know about backroads and in my day there were no such things as mobile phones or even cordless one and teh max speedlimit on the highway was 50. (big uproar when it went to 55.

Jim.

She was driving a vehicle going over 60 in a 55.  Smiley

Jami

I love Aragorn!
Meldy

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2007, 09:02PM »

Shocked

And thanks Mel, I'll think about what you said the next time I want to sing "Dulaman" in my car.
Yeah, I always try to be safe especially since the car accident rate is higher for teens.  I'm also an 18 yr. old "safe driver," and I don't like driving to school because I know the other kids get crazy after school with their cars (I guess they want to show how fast their cars can go, which I think is fairly dangerous)  so I just walk, unless I'm really late to class and need to get there fast Wink
And about "Singing Dulaman in the Car Day".....

Banner by:  Scott
melle mel

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2007, 09:48PM »

The other day, picking-up my sister at her high school in the afternoon, I would drive-by blasting Talking Heads' 'Stop Making Sense' album, windows down and sunroof wide-open. Totally 80s, and got thse kids nodding their heads and throwing their hands in the air.

Today, I had the CW Slane Castle concert film on my iPod and hooked-up to my car's stereo, jamming that out. Yeah, let's just say I got a lot of 'WTF?' looks when they walked past me.  Cheesy
Maggie
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2007, 10:45PM »

.........Today, I had the CW Slane Castle concert film on my iPod and hooked-up to my car's stereo, jamming that out.

In my local Wal-Mart, I was upset to see they didn't have any CW except on or two copies of the first CD.
No "New Journey" products at all, and none of their individual CDs.

There are 5 racks of "musica Latina" to one rack of other music.

On my way home, my ears were assaulted by booming reggaeton from a Honda Civic, the base beat was reverberating off several cars stopped at the light, and the sound quality was definitely NOT Bose!  Roll Eyes

So at the next light I got my revenge!.........I opened all the car windows, turned up the volume and blasted them with.......RAINING UP!

Go Máiréad!!!
fireyred09
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2007, 10:50PM »

So at the next light I got my revenge!.........I opened all the car windows, turned up the volume and blasted them with.......RAINING UP!

Go Máiréad!!!

Like a true CW fan!  Cheesy

That's a great CD, by the way. I have it out right now from the city library until I can find a way to purchase a copy.
Meldy

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2007, 12:19AM »

For every "WTF" look I would turn it up a notch  Wink  Yeah, RAINING UP  is a fabulous album! I've got it too! 

Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2007, 03:57AM »

Go Máiréad!!!

Like a true CW fan!  Cheesy

That's a great CD, by the way. I have it out right now from the city library until I can find a way to purchase a copy.

I have it too, but now I have to get another one..since my only copy has been signed now  Wink Grin

Kelsey

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2007, 05:42PM »

For every "WTF" look I would turn it up a notch  Wink  Yeah, RAINING UP  is a fabulous album! I've got it too! 

I absolutely agree.....for every "WTF" look you just need to turn it up louder. Cheesy  I definitely should buy Raining Up.  Mairead is absolutely fabulous, I'm not sure why I don't have the album yet.
Kelsey

Meldy

« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2007, 09:34PM »

Kelsey you should get it, it's a fabulous album and Mairead is really talented. 

Anderpaw
Total Fanatic

Love the pipes!

« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2007, 05:57PM »

Raining Up is definitely an excellent album. You even get to hear some of Mairead's vocals on it! After Lisa's solo album, it is my favorite. 'Course I don't have any of the other solo albums yet except for Meav's 'A Celtic Journey' which I just bought today.

Texas Celtic Girl
Honorary Roadie

There can be Miracles,when you believe!

« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2008, 08:31AM »

Don't dance in the car,but my best friend and I do the shoulder flex everytime we sing Spanish Lady!

Thanks,Guardian and Annie!
8/17/10  Finally met Rosie Allen! Thanks,CW!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: