Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Songs Lisa "owns"  (Read 7057 times)
twhite101

« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2007, 03:13PM »

I think I have to agree with Siobhan - I can't think of anyone else singing the songs where Lisa solos.  Even other members of CW.  I wonder which of those songs they will keep while she stays off the tour?  And then who will do them?

If you remember on the Helix DVD, during David Downes' interview he commented that he chose Lisa for CW partly for her "warm, sweet" voice.  Can't agree more!

Oh, yes, Lisa is my favorite    Smiley

- Tony
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2007, 04:35AM »

When an artist puts such a definitive statement into a song, and you just can't comprehend anyone doing it better, then she "owns" that song.
ok using this definition of 'owns' i agree with some of the other commentators on the thread with "The Voice". With all respect to the other ladies, none of them will do that song like Lisa. It is perfect for her to show the strength and power that can come from her voice. Also no one hits and holds high notes like Lisa can. Its cool to listen to her voice when she does. Its almost like it shifts into a more powerful gear. I am hoping that on future songs she will do it more. I am also wondering how long she can hold a note and maintain the strength and quality of sound.

Other vocalists have done very well with 'May it Be'. Hayley did it on her dvd. Although Lisa does well with it, I do not see her version as being vastly superior to other versions. Its good, but not at some defining level like 'The Voice".

I also can see some others doing the other songs. Perhaps their version would lack something from Lisa's, I would agree to that. But they still could do a pretty good job.

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
L.A. Girl

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2007, 08:32PM »

I personally like Lisa's version of May It Be better than others I've heard. I think that it's one of her best songs along with The Voice. Her opening on "The First Noel" is also mind blowing.

Dianne
Jason

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2007, 08:34PM »

oh, yes! I can't even begin to describe how much I love her part in "The First Noel"..

jsharp

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2007, 09:34PM »

When an artist puts such a definitive statement into a song, and you just can't comprehend anyone doing it better, then she "owns" that song.
ok using this definition of 'owns' i agree with some of the other commentators on the thread with "The Voice".

Yes. That's what "owns" means to me. That no one else can even come close and probably shouldn't even bother attempting it. Those songs are very rare.

“You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” - Anne Lamott

Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2007, 06:55AM »

I personally like Lisa's version of May It Be better than others I've heard. I think that it's one of her best songs along with The Voice. Her opening on "The First Noel" is also mind blowing.

Dianne

You can imagine my reaction when I first heard it live on that Tues evening...

Shocked Shocked Shocked  and I may have even did a WHOA! Then Chloe came out and did that quick duet with Lisa and I just was like....OMG.... Smiley

THE SPAZINATOR!=)
Total Fanatic

focus on the present........enjoy it

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2007, 08:18AM »

i'd have to say:

green the whole year round

the first noël

the voice

home in the heartland

now we are free

send me a song
probably more

Kristen
xxx
White Rose
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2007, 06:32PM »

The Voice without a doubt.  She gives me chills...
jimbo1mcm

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2007, 04:23AM »

I am still amazed by GTWYR. It allows Lisa to give us the full package. She hits the purest notes. We see her with dramatic moves and eye expressions as the seasons change. She and David feed off each other and time the melody perfectly. The lyrics are beautiful and meaningful. Finally, we get the "eye candy"; Lisa in a beautiful gown and batting those gorgeous eyes at us! Scott never had a chance.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 04:49PM by jimbo1mcm » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: