Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NeuFutur Magazine  (Read 1552 times)
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« on: December 14, 2007, 11:47PM »

Click kere for full article.

Excerpt:

"In the last few years, Celtic Woman has taken the world by storm. Starting out with PBS specials and moving into selling out venues, going Gold and Platinum, and they have reached a level of fame high enough to merit recording a disc of Christmas tracks. The disc captures a perfect blend of Christmas standards, lesser known Christmas-themed tracks, and even a track in Gaelic (a version of “That Night in Bethlehem”). The five piece, consisting of Chloe Agnew, Orla Fallon, Lisa Kelly, Mairead Nesbitt, and Meav Ni Mhaolchatha, are as strong as they ever have been; despite the fact that a number of individuals already have this CD (due to the fact that it was released last year), I still have a feeling that it will rocket back up the charts this year."

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Celeste

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2007, 02:31AM »

I would agree with their picks:

Top Tracks: Don Oich Ud I MBeithil, The Little Drummer Boy

I was surprised at how well Drummer Boy turned out. The musical arrangement was unique, the choreography very effective. It was a revelation.

And having a Gaelic Christmas carol in the concert put a distinctively...well, Celtic stamp on the whole presentation. I was astonished that it was left out of the PBS broadcasts.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: