Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I thought i was alone!  (Read 20689 times)
guitar100

« on: April 26, 2007, 12:24PM »

I bought both dvd`s after pbs special.But i`m a metal head....i love heavy metal.But something about these dvd`s ...i watch over and over.My kids thinks its opera.They listen to rap(crud),or reggaton.They don`t like Celtic woman,so i come home early from work just to see "A New Journey" on my home theater.I had no idea about an Celtic woman   forum....
P.S.`O,if i can see them live,....Orlando,Fl. is too far for me....
Thanks for listening.
RAMP6ORD@HOTMAIL.COM

These angels turned a metal head to be more open minded.
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 12:26PM »

Nope, you certainly aren't alone!  You've got LOTS of company here!  Welcome to the forum.   Grin

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Nero Angelo
Honorary Roadie

You will not forget this devil's power!

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 12:28PM »

Welcome, welcome! Enter freely and of your own will! I must say, it's a big change from heavy metal to 'Granuaile's Dance', but...miracles happen. Tongue

Fiddle_Addict

Honorary member of the DSA

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 12:29PM »

I had no idea about an Celtic woman   forum....

Welcome to Celtic Woman Forum, guitar100! Smiley
I was also happy when I found this forum Smiley
It's a great place to visit with lots of very nice people around - come here any time you feel like talking about the girls!

Thanks for this banner, Scott! Smiley

comet

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2007, 04:45PM »

To combine electric guitars and celtic music listen to Horslips. (Irish rock band)

Go on ye good things !
Goose

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2007, 04:48PM »

Im in the same boat. At 38 years old and growing up in the 80s, I always liked heavy metal and to this day its still my favorite. But I guess as I got older I mellowed out a little. For me, it started with Riverdance. I have been a Riverdance fanatic since the original show came out. When I heard CW for the first time about a year ago, I knew instantly that this was something else I was going to get hooked on.
CWFan2
Total Fanatic

Love You Always Lisa!!

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2007, 05:40PM »

For me Goose ... it was Acid Rock ... late 60's/early 70's. Frank Zappa and The Mothers Of Invention, Pink Floyd, Jefferson Airplane, The Dead, etc. And the Beatles. (And Blue Oyster Cult Rich  Wink). (Yeah kids, I'm up there)! Then Deep Purple, Uriah Heep, etc. Then I mellowed with Fleetwood Mac, Allman Bros Band, The Eagles, Poco, Marshall Tucker Band, etc. NOW ... Lisa, Orla, Meave, Chloe, Hayley and Mairead and ... I'm as happy as I've ever been.  Grin

... Bill

Still And Forever ... Our Angel From Heaven
melle mel

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2007, 05:40PM »

Count me in this club. My taste in music is pretty broad for a 22-year-old. I like everything from rock classics like Pink Floyd, Led Zep, Hendrix, The Who, The Police, Motorhead, Eric Clapton, 70s reggae like Bob Marley, Horace Andy, Peter Tosh, old-school hip-hop like Run DMC and Beastie Boys, some electronica and drum & bass like Kraftwerk, Aphex Twin, some Jazz here and there, a pinch of classical, and some really obscure rock bands and atrists like Tom Waits, Elliott Smith, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, and Iceland's Sigur Ros (one of my all-time favorites).

I'm never really into such music like Josh Groban, Enya, Celine, all that sappy bland 'adult contemporary' stuff. But something about Celtic Woman has struck my chord. It is rare to find such talent and classically-trained vocalists like these women in this day and age of Fergie, Beyonce, Britney and Christina. It's "back-to-basics" music, singing songs about inspiration and hope, as opposed to material posessions, sex, and pointless BS. It's a sad state what music has become, more about image and profit than actual talent and creativity. It's so bad that even people in my age group are diggin-up our parent's old classic rock records and digging deeper into the net to find something new.

In this noise pollution of today's pop "music", Celtic Woman is a welcome breath of fresh air.
CWFan2
Total Fanatic

Love You Always Lisa!!

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2007, 05:45PM »

melle mel ... YES! I couldn't have said it any better myself. CHEERS to our lovely AND talented ladies of Celtic Woman!

... Bill

Still And Forever ... Our Angel From Heaven
Nero Angelo
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2007, 06:06PM »

I'm a fan of Josh Groban, and, personal tastes aside, it seems to me as though he's aiming to be more like Andrea Bocelli then...Timberlake or something...
I do also recall reading a review that credited at least some of Celtic Woman's success to Enya (similar songs, etc.) Also, Hayley Westenra has been repeatedly compared to Celene Dion, apparently much to her displeasure (who can blame her?).

melle mel

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2007, 06:36PM »

Also, Hayley Westenra has been repeatedly compared to Celene Dion, apparently much to her displeasure (who can blame her?).

I would've displeased myself if I were mentioned in the same breath as Celine. lol

Somewhere she has even been compared to Charlotte Church. Don't know if it's good or bad, as I last heard that Charlotte has become a demanding diva and her image as the "angelic voice" has been tainted.
Nero Angelo
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2007, 06:37PM »

That's it...
It was either Celine or Charlotte...Whomever is no longer in the business, much to the relief of the formerly huddled masses...
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 06:50PM by flip8 » Logged

melle mel

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2007, 06:56PM »

Charlotte has her own TV sketch comedy show, and nowadays put singing on the backburner. (Source: Wikipedia)

I heard her pop album, the first after leaving classical, and it was pretty wrenched.
Nero Angelo
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2007, 07:18PM »

You have my sincerest sympathies for your loss of sanity/hearing caused by that apparently traumatic experience.

melle mel

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2007, 07:31PM »

No worries, I've heard much worst coming from the high school kids blasting their cookie-cutter "emo" rock music out of their hand-me-down beater Volvos. Or the sheer stupidity that is "Ghost Ride Da Whip".  Roll Eyes
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: