Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I thought i was alone!  (Read 20697 times)
Meldy

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2007, 09:19PM »

Tell me about it, I'm a just an 18 yr. old living in a town where rap, rock, and "looks" rule.  When it comes to music, I just like whatever I like.. Roll Eyes  I love 80s music, but that came from my dad because he somehow still lives in the 80s... I also like Celine Dion, Il Divo, but then I also like U2, Eveanescence, but then I also like Lionel Ritchie, Cyndi Lauper, but then I also like Sarah McLachlan, but then I also like Frank Sinatra, Norah Jones, and Diana Krall, but then I also like the London Symphony Orchestra, and Antonio Vivaldi's music...... Grin Wink  I just glad my music tastes are not constrained to one category and I don't give into "popularity" or just because everyone else is listening to it. Wink

I thought I was alone too....we're not.

Banner by:  Scott
Goose

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2007, 02:43PM »

I agree with everything said here. I still love the heavy metal stuff, the pop rock of the 80s and I like the stuff going back to the 70s too. But the last 10 - 15 years of music has been, in my opinion, just garbage. I am sick of hearing about Britney, Christina, justin and whoever else is out there. It is refreshing to hear great music with a positive message being performed by talented singers and musicians.

Oh man have I mellowed out Smiley
guitar100

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2007, 05:08PM »

I`m so glad i`m not alone.....My friends and family don`t understand how a metal head....(disturbed,slayer,metallica,etc.) can listen to Celtic woman!!!  I too must have mellowed out.....Thank ya for being here and listening. Wink

These angels turned a metal head to be more open minded.
Nero Angelo
Honorary Roadie

You will not forget this devil's power!

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2007, 05:11PM »

We must be lonely, side by side... It's the perfect way to hide... Cheesy

melle mel

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2007, 09:28PM »

I have nothing to hide. All of this blazing masculine rock & roll, most of us at least have a softer, gentlier, feminine side somewhere.  Cheesy

I told pretty much everyone and the whole world that I will be attending the CW show when they come to my town in a couple weeks. My (mostly hipster) friends all raised their eyebrows and went "Whoa! Tell me all about it when you see them." Suprised they didn't mock me about it, but then we're pretty open-minded when it comes to music.
Meldy

« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2007, 09:31PM »

Yeah, I think it's perfectly fine to listen to the other music but I'm glad I also listen to CW, Hayley, Andrea, Luciano, Hahn, and many more.  Freedom to choose..... Smiley Smiley  Oh and now I know that we were alone....not no more. Smiley

Banner by:  Scott
CWFan2
Total Fanatic

Love You Always Lisa!!

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2007, 08:19PM »

When I announced (back in March this was) that I was off to Mohegan Sun Arena to see Celtic Woman in concert, I got the old ... "you ARE"? brilliant words of wisdom from a few. After that (03/11/07) Mohegan Sun concert, I then (happily) announced that I was leaving on Saturday morning (03/24/07) for Nashville and then from there, on to Raleigh, for three more Celtic Woman concerts and did I ever get the looks from people. The eye rolls. The stares of disbelief. The "why" questions. But, all from people who know no more about the lovely Angels of Celtic Woman than they do about, I don't know, car paint. To heck with them, I say. Celtic Woman it is!

... Bill

Still And Forever ... Our Angel From Heaven
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: