Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dinosaurs  (Read 16486 times)
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2008, 08:00AM »

What about Barney?

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2008, 08:17AM »

He is a purple cute one and I've first seen him at a very younger age. There could be more dinosaurs as characters from all of the Land Before Time series like Littlefoot, Cera, Ducky, Petrie, Spike, Chomper, Guido and Ruby.

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2008, 01:28AM »

I watched a tv show tonight about scientists trying to recreate dinosaurs from old DNA.
If they do, will there be a Westminster Dinosaur Show?
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2008, 07:35AM »

I watched a tv show tonight about scientists trying to recreate dinosaurs from old DNA.
If they do, will there be a Westminster Dinosaur Show?
Or Kentucky Dino-Derby? But I guess they couldnt run an Iditarod since they are cold blooded and wouldnt survive long in Alaska.

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
Dwight

I am Celtic Woman's favorite Dwight!

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2008, 10:38AM »

I was watching Dino TV last night  Grin  and they discussed what creatures were around before our friends the Dinosaurs took over. Dimetrodon is not a dinosaur and along with the other members of the sailback members of the reptiles are more closely related to mammels. The characteristic left behind by these protypes was the way they regulated their body temp.

I saw the part of the old Dino DNA and not unless there is going to be some real advancements in genetic Technology its not believed that it would be possible to reasemble a whole Dino from old Dino DNA as in the movie Jurrasic Park. However . . .  It has been suggested that one might take  Emu DNA and reverse the Evolution process by turning off today's Emu genes and turn on the ones that had been turned off. This would kind of like reverse engineer a Dino. Its known that Birds are more closely related to Dino's than other Reptiles such as Aligators and Crocs, who are of the family of Theropods known as Raptors. So it looks as though it might be possible to reconstruct or reverse Engineer a Dino in this way and could happen in our lifetime.

One last thing that blew me away from Yesturday's program Biologists discovered recently that the part of the Genetic code controls our body plan is the same Vertibrate tool kit as referred to in the program that all Veritbrates use and numbers fewer than 1000 genes. They also showed how new genes are not neccesarily invented but rather it is old genes that are used in different ways to give us different species.

Pretty Cool stuff. I remember my first Biology class in the 7th grade waaaaay back in 1966 and it was a joke compared to what is known today.

Some dinosaurs with a different name were so similar like this one:

This creature called a Dimetrodon is so similar to a Spinosaurus but it stands on 4 legs.
It has the same things the Spinosaurus has; sharp teeth and a spiny sail on its back.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 01:04PM by Dwight » Logged

I am Celtic Woman's favorite Dwight!
zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2008, 02:41PM »

I watched a tv show tonight about scientists trying to recreate dinosaurs from old DNA

Didn't they call that jurassic park?

Jim

« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 02:43PM by zankoku » Logged

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2008, 03:32PM »

A pic of the Star Trek Gorn....I havent seen that in many years. But today a Gorn has no chance against William Shatner, he would just have James Spader file a lawsuit.

This made me think back to my youth, and in my distant memory there seemed to be a Star Trek cartoon that had shows with dinosaurs. So, via the modern technology of the internet, I did a search and found a web page with pics from the animated series. For you dinosaur fans, there are a number of dinosaur type creatures / monsters among the pics.Here are some links that may help:

http://www.startrekanimated.com/tas_ep_ambergris.html

http://www.startrekanimated.com/tas_ep_once.html

http://www.startrekanimated.com/tas_ep_beholder.html

Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2008, 04:08PM »

Those look like fun things. I can bring you another one that is similar to the ones I brought in early and one that is different.

Albertosaurus----This dinosaur is very similar to and smaller than the Tyrannosaurus, I think. Who can tell?

Saurolophus----Well, I think it's not that different but I remembered it's a cousin to the Parasaurolophus. Just my opinion, you know. Wink
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 12:08PM by KAJ » Logged

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2008, 04:18PM »

here is a link to more dinosaur stuff in the news.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/indepth_coverage/science/carnegiedinosaur/slideshow/

Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2008, 04:44PM »

Great one, Cash, I bet everyone will see them all.

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2008, 01:28PM »

Resurrecting an old thread here...

I just came across this while checking the PBS pledge page to see if there was anything about the CW 09 tour.

http://www.dinosaurlive.com

Anyone seen this? Good, bad, ugly? Must see? Save your money?

It looks like it could be interesting.

CarolinaRua!
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2008, 01:43PM »

Elasmosaurus - that looks like Nessie! Cheesy

I thought the same exact thing!!! Cheesy Cheesy

I think that the "frilled shark" is pretty crazy looking.
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2008, 04:35PM »

Truly, Ducky from the Land Before Time series is a Saurolophus. She's green and here's what the picture looks like.

Cute, isn't she?

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
CarolinaRua!
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2008, 05:01PM »

I watched a tv show tonight about scientists trying to recreate dinosaurs from old DNA

Didn't they call that jurassic park?

Jim

Hey its a Gorn! lol  Cheesy
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2008, 03:51PM »

I don't remember the names of the other dinosaurs. Huh Can someone help me?

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: