Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A New Celtic Woman Tradition  (Read 3016 times)
edtom

« on: January 02, 2008, 07:17PM »

I have an idea for a new Celtic Woman tradition. I got to thinking about it while watching the Christmas Celebration DVD (which was wonderful). My only disappointment with that show was that Hayley wasn't there.
Assuming that this year and/or in the future there will be more of the big, summer, for TV/DVD concerts, I would suggest that Celtic Woman, for those concerts, issue an ongoing, recurring invitation that all the lovely ladies of Celtic Woman, past and present, are welcome to participate in these shows, if only for a song or two. (The current cast would do the majority of the show.)
Obviously, not all the former members of the show would come each time, but the more that could the merrier. Wouldn't it be a joy to both the eyes and the ears this year to have all nine on stage at once? I'm sure that David Downes could prepare an arrangement that showcased and blended all of their distinct talents.
I, and I suspect a lot of other Celtic Woman fans, have never had the pleasure of seeing or hearing Deidre perform. This could be her chance to shine.
I would love to see Lisa and Alex perform together (both sing and act) a show tune.
Maybe Meav and Lynn could do a traditional Anuna number.
Looking forward  a few years, maybe in twenty years or so there could be a mother/daughter duet.
And in thirty years or so, maybe there could be a number with the original Celtic Woman five. I'm betting that they would all still be beautiful and enormously talented.

[Admin note: edited just to remove blank space.]
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 02:50PM by OldFatGuy » Logged

I love Celtic Woman
m.k.c.
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 07:46PM »

Welcome to the Forum Edtom. Yours is a nice idea, but logistically I have doubts of it working out. The schedules of the artists probably conflict far too much. David Downes would have his hands full with so many arrangements. There's also the fact that some past members may be uninterested in coming back to the group. You'll find you're not alone here, in that there are many members of the forum who would love to see Hayley, Deirdre, or Meav back with the group, but I guess I would caution anyone about getting their hopes up.
Moscapoet
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 08:51PM »

I agree. I think that once those bridges are crossed there is not much chance of going back. I think that there are still friendships that will last among former and current members, but a reunion will probably only occur apart from CW later on when the artists discuss it amongst themselves. It might be fun to do a computer generated reunion with all the members though. I'm not very techno savvy but that seems possible. It's a wonderful idea though Ed. 
Charlie'sAngels

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 09:54AM »

I'd love to see them together like this....an orchestrated, top secret performance by Celtic Woman, but filmed with a live audience who have no idea what's about to happen. During the opening song, maybe a new tune similar to the Sky Dawn and Sun, our 'regular' ladies come out one at a time, and as the song progresses, Hayley, Méav, Deirdre, and Alex (at this point, Lisa would be back full time) singing parts made especially for them, and they would finish all together. The rest of the format would be similar, with individual performances, and several with all singing. Or maybe this tune could be at the end, with all singing, for more dramatics!
Oh well, just a thought. It would be fantastic to see them all on stage for at least one song....wow...I can picture it Grin
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2008, 04:15PM »

These always remaining members of the group; Chloe, Orla and Mairead had taken their own effects.

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
edtom

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2008, 04:55PM »

A while ago, I made the suggestion that for future big summer TV/DVD concerts, that all the ladies of Celtic Woman, past and present, be invited to participate. It was pointed out (correctly) that this would be logistically very difficult if not impossible.
I am now ready to revise this suggestion to a more modest, attainable goal, to for each concert have maybe one or two "old friends" stop by. (Hey, it worked great to have six ladies for the Slane Castle concert). Six or seven should be doable.
This year it would be great to have both Lisa Kelly and Alex Sharpe participate, assuming they are both available.
And I still would like to see Deirdre Shannon with Celtic Woman sometime.

(By the way, this is my 50th post)

I love Celtic Woman
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2008, 01:52PM »

Really? I must be glad you're going onto the high rank. Smiley

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: