Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Skate for the Heart Reminder  (Read 58027 times)
Nero Angelo
Honorary Roadie

You will not forget this devil's power!

« Reply #255 on: January 14, 2008, 06:32PM »

It's really just a different take on it. They shouldn't be expected to sing it the same way Meav and Hayley did, nor should they.

Spanish_lady

« Reply #256 on: January 14, 2008, 06:36PM »

I thought that both Chloe and Lynn did a wonderful job. Yes, their version of the song is a bit different, but no less beautiful than Meav's and Hayley's version.
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #257 on: January 14, 2008, 06:44PM »

Over on the tour, it was Chloe and Meav that I've seen do together? The song called "The Last Rose Of Summer"?

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Trouble
Bodhrán Player

Play with Fire.

« Reply #258 on: January 14, 2008, 06:46PM »

Yes KAJ you are right!  Wink

Thanks Lindsey
MeganDelia
Honorary Roadie

Thanks for the card and CD Mairead!!!

« Reply #259 on: January 14, 2008, 06:56PM »

I loved Lynn and Chloe's version. I thought it sounded angelic. It was sweet when they walked off holding hands.

Thanks Mel, for the great banner!! Smiley
~Megan xoxo~
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

« Reply #260 on: January 14, 2008, 06:59PM »

At the end of this song with an applause of yours?

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Jeanine
Honorary Roadie

Christmas Symphony Tour was WONderful!!

« Reply #261 on: January 14, 2008, 07:03PM »

Lisa and Chloë also grasped hands for a couple moments, I believe it was in "One World".  I thought that was really touching.

"Come to Me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." - Jesus Christ
(Matthew 11:28)
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

« Reply #262 on: January 14, 2008, 07:04PM »

Just like friendship, huh? I can always think that they're friends.

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Trouble
Bodhrán Player

Play with Fire.

« Reply #263 on: January 14, 2008, 07:05PM »

Lisa and Chloë also grasped hands for a couple moments, I believe it was in "One World".  I thought that was really touching.

Yes it was. I saw that and I always love it when they hold hands. It's cute.

Thanks Lindsey
07-sara
Bodhrán Player

Smile, you never know who's watching.

« Reply #264 on: January 14, 2008, 07:24PM »

I thought Lynn and Chloe did a Great job on the song.  Yes I like the song on the DVD with Meav and Hayley and I enjoyed it last spring when Meav and Chloe sing it as well.  It might not have had the same power, Meav's voice has some power in it, but Lynn and Chloe sang it their way and did an awesome job on it.  Thats the great thing about getting different people singing the same song, it never is the same. 

Happy is what happens, when all your dreams come true!

Sara
Jeanine
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #265 on: January 14, 2008, 07:30PM »

I agree, Sara.  It is a lovely song, and the girls do a lovely job on it. Smiley

Also, while it is (of course) perfectly fine to have individual preferences, let's be careful not to become too comparative and/or critical in our public posts about the girls, simply out of respect for them.  They do read the forum, and remember each girl has her own unique style, and her own unique voice.  All of which are beautiful.  Smiley
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 08:31PM by Jeanine » Logged

"Come to Me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." - Jesus Christ
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #266 on: January 14, 2008, 08:37PM »

With Mrs. Dash as a sponsor, I'm surprised they didn't insist on them performing "Scarborough Fair" with all the spice reference in it's lyrics!  Grin  There were several good shots of Ray, though, as always, he has the "Beauty-and-the Beast" effect to contend with (wouldn't we all!).  Grin

Jeanine
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #267 on: January 14, 2008, 08:47PM »

I thought of the spice thing too starman! Cheesy  When the commercials for Mrs. Dash were on,  I found it interesting and amusing to see all the spices combined and how many of them were in the lyrics to "Scarborough Fair". Grin

Celeste

« Reply #268 on: January 14, 2008, 08:58PM »

Also, while it is (of course) perfectly fine to have individual preferences, let's be careful not to become too comparative and/or critical in our public posts about the girls, simply out of respect for them.  They do read the forum, and remember each girl has her own unique style, and her own unique voice.  All of which are beautiful.

This is an extremely important point. Thank you for making it. One would think it would be a matter of basic courtesy too, and to prevent escalating disagreements. "Glass houses" and all that.

Moscapoet
« Reply #269 on: January 14, 2008, 09:15PM »

It was wonderful to get a booster shot of CW while we await the spring tour. I loved the interview! I couldn't care less about the other music and walked away to work on stamps when CW wasn't on. The cause, however, is a worthy one, and I thank CW for doing that show. All of the male members of my family passed away from heart disease, so I'm very aware of it. The commercials didn't bug me too much, and I'm really glad to see ones for the CW products. This was a great national platform on network TV! I think that CW is going to get a big boost from this. Mrs. Dash as a sponsor? Perfect for our little miss Dash, Mairead.   
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 04:01PM by Moscapoet » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: