Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Last day to submitt for Orlagh's Birthday - Sunday, May 20th!  (Read 30995 times)
Celtic Jenny
« on: April 28, 2007, 07:17PM »

George and I have put the request out to everyone on the forum with regard to Orlagh's birthday greetings, and to date we have not received a response from anyone.  We posted it under "Orlagh's section and also under General Discussion".  Last year the response we received from everyone was phenomenal and Orlagh was exceedingly touched by the greetings. 

We are extending the time frame to Sunday, May 20th for everyone who cares about Orlagh to put in their birthday greetings.  We need 2 things:

#1 - A picture of you and/or you and your family &
#2 - Anywhere from 2 or 3 sentences wishing her a happy birthday.

You can send this directly to me at: jenny.fedei@gmail.com or to George Major who runs Orlagh's fan site.

We are putting all of your greetings on to a video presentation that will be beautiful and something special.  This is something we need early because of the time involved in putting this together.

I guess I'm a bit confused, because I know there are plenty of people out there who love Orlagh to pieces.  Are we missing something?  Please let me know if I need to do something differently to encourage people to participate.  I
Jenny & George
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 07:49PM by Celtic Jenny » Logged
Nero Angelo
Honorary Roadie

You will not forget this devil's power!

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2007, 07:22PM »

In defense of the lazy bums (myself chief and foremost amongst them), I would say that they feel no particular hurry, as the occasion in question is a little under a month away. However, I, for one, will begin work on my submission forthwith!
Tomorrow morning, of course...

Celtic Jenny
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2007, 07:24PM »

Thank you! Thank you!!  Here's a big hug from me to you!!!! 

mmmmwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaa!!!   Kiss

Jenny xx
CWFan2
Total Fanatic

Love You Always Lisa!!

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2007, 07:45PM »

Jenny ... I do not have a current, or for that matter, even an older, picture to submit. This is too bad as I absolutely do love Orlagh to pieces. This is the reason why I have not responded to this. I would love to be a part of a Happy Birthday presentation to the one and only Orlagh Fallon, our Angel of the Harp. A few words perhaps? Anything else I can do to help? Let me know. Orla deserves this.

... Bill

Still And Forever ... Our Angel From Heaven
zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2007, 08:38PM »

Jenny,

I will be submitting once I figure out what to say. As for a picture, I just changed computers and have to locate where I put the udmb things. Can you use Photobucket?

Jim

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
m.k.c.
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2007, 08:47PM »

In defense of the lazy bums (myself chief and foremost amongst them), I would say that they feel no particular hurry, as the occasion in question is a little under a month away. However, I, for one, will begin work on my submission forthwith!
Tomorrow morning, of course...

I too am a lazy bum not to mention busier than I ever wished to be. But you have motivated me, so I'll try and send something to you tonight. Don't be discouraged by we procrastinators. We do pull it together eventually  Wink
CWFan2
Total Fanatic

Love You Always Lisa!!

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2007, 08:57PM »

zankoku ... That's precisely my problem too. I just changed computers too. I'm on a brand new Dell here and all my pictures and related stuff are on my old Dell, which is now packed away. I have nothing on this new pc yet. Course I do own a couple of digital cameras too. I'll see if I can do something, for Jenny/George, for Orla, for her b'day. 'Tis the least we can do for our beautiful Orlagh.

... Bill

Still And Forever ... Our Angel From Heaven
Celtic Jenny
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2007, 09:06PM »

Jenny ... I do not have a current, or for that matter, even an older, picture to submit. This is too bad as I absolutely do love Orlagh to pieces. This is the reason why I have not responded to this. I would love to be a part of a Happy Birthday presentation to the one and only Orlagh Fallon, our Angel of the Harp. A few words perhaps? Anything else I can do to help? Let me know. Orla deserves this.

... Bill

Bill... I had an idea on something... just submit your words and I'll put another type of picture in place of yours... something scenic... I can make it work!! 

Although the pictures are really important, I don't want to discourage anyone from making a submission because they don't have a picture.  So please send your greeting anyway!!  I can put in a scenic picture or something else.  It's hard to explain here, but I did do something similar for Deirdre Shannon at Christmas and there were a few people who didn't have pictures.  The way it's displayed is the whole video is put to music and the pictures are displayed along with the greetings so that Orlagh can actually see who the person (or family) is that is sending her their wishes)!  I guess you just have to trust me on this.  It's really nice though.

Bill.. thanks for your help... I'll take it!!   Smiley

Love to all!  Jenny xxx
Anderpaw
Total Fanatic

Love the pipes!

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2007, 09:14PM »

Jenny, I just e-mailed George and attached a picture. I think the world of Orla as well. I guess everyone has been distracted by all of the other birthday greetings and wishes lately for Lisa and Chloe and Mairead.
Live Long and prosper!

Celtic Jenny
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2007, 09:16PM »

They are starting to roll in!!  Keep them coming folks!! 

Thank you.. thank you thank you!!!

Moochas smoochas... Jenny xxx  Kiss Kiss Kiss
<3 Lauren
Total Fanatic

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2007, 09:22PM »

Don't worry i have something coming!!

<3 Lauren

<3
Celtic Jenny
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2007, 09:27PM »

Don't worry i have something coming!!

<3 Lauren

Yayyyyyy!!!!
Celticheart

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2007, 09:29PM »

As is mine Jenny, it'll be there soon  Smiley 

Banner by Scott
Celtic Jenny
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2007, 09:30PM »

Whewww!!! I'm starting to feel relieved!!!   Smiley
zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2007, 09:48PM »

Hang in there Jenny. Brian sent me an email about a comment I made and I want to address that to her. .

Jim

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: