Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Last day to submitt for Orlagh's Birthday - Sunday, May 20th!  (Read 30969 times)
Celtic Jenny
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2007, 04:56PM »

I have amassed 25 birthday greetings thus far!! Horray!!  More of you have greetings along the way.  Just wanted to let everyone know to keep them coming!  I will be off school in the next two weeks and will be beginning work on Orlagh's video birthday greetings!

Thanks folks!!!

Jenny xxx
Courtland

« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2007, 08:33PM »

My fondest wishes for a happy birthday to Orlagh, a wonderful harpist and great singer. the very first time I heard you do Innisfree I was totally enchanted. It is still one of my favorites and I play along with you on the piano.  Sorry I don't have a picture to send but when I saw you at Slane Castle last summer I had just recently celebrated my 80th. Best wishes always.
Courtland

Watching Máiréad play always moves me to tears. She is a gift from Heaven.
Celtic Jenny
« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2007, 08:02PM »

To date we have 32 submissions for Orlagh's birthday greeting, but I know their are many more out there who have promised to send their greetings in.  What we need is:

1) A picture of you, or a family picture
2) 2 to 4 sentences wishing Orlagh a happy birthday (in your own words)

Email these to:  jenny.fedei@gmail.com

I know how it is.. I usually wait until the last minute to get things in.. but for those who would like to be a part of a very special birthday greeting for Orlagh.. please don't put this off... the particular greeting we are planning is really very beautiful. 

I did something similar for Deirdre Shannon this past Christmas... her fans sent in beautiful greetings that were set to music. She absolutely loved it!

Here is a bit of a sample for those who may be curious:

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewshow.html?fl=2738195&alb=0

I'm requesting all of this early because what I'm planning will take awhile to put together.

Thanks everyone!
Lots of love,
Jenny xxxxx

ferngully
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2007, 06:44AM »

as i've just joined, i thought i was too late. but if the deadline is on sunday, i can submit a greeting, right? Grin i also have some pretty bad pictures of me, but i can choose the best one and send it with i suppose
Celtic Jenny
« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2007, 07:13PM »

By all means!! We would love to include you! Send it to: jenny@deirdreshannon.net

Jenny xx
ferngully
« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2007, 03:47AM »

i've sent it to the other email you included! do i have to send it again?
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2007, 07:20AM »

i've sent it to the other email you included! do i have to send it again?
Nope. Either one will work fine.  Thanks.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
ferngully
« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2007, 07:39AM »

okidoke
Celtic Jenny
« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2007, 09:32AM »

Hello my lovies!!!!

Last day to get in your birthday greetings for Orlagh. 

Just a reminder that I do need a good photography of you (or a family photo).. as this is a very visual type of video presentation.  Unfortunately there are a couple who didn't send in photos and it's going to look odd without them... I may not be able to use them in the video, but I'll send them off to Orlagh in a different format.  I just don't want anyone to feel left out, so let me reiterate that the photo is a very important part of the birthday greeting.  Don't be shy!! I also have Photoshop and can crop or enhance photographs.

One other thing (clearing throat here)... you may want to be careful not to send a picture wearing an old robe and slippers... you might look funny next the the other folks who are wearing nice polo shirts and smiling nicely at the camera.  Know what I mean?

Thanks again to everyone who participated!! I think Orlagh will love it.  I start work tomorrow morning so try to get them in as soon as possible.

Is THIS how you want to look for Orlagh?  Shocked  :

« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 09:34AM by Celtic Jenny » Logged
zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #54 on: May 20, 2007, 08:54PM »

Rich, is that you?

Jim Grin

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
logalogalog

Remember the Fallen. Freedom is not free.

« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2007, 09:27PM »

Happy birthday to you Orla!Thanks for all the wonderful music.

Serving during Operation Iraqi Freedom
ferngully
« Reply #56 on: May 21, 2007, 02:36AM »

now mine wasn't a pic of a nice polo shirt and smile but it certainly wasn't a robe and slippers!
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #57 on: May 21, 2007, 05:33AM »

Rich, is that you?

Jim Grin
Nope.  I don't drink beer.   Grin

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
<3 Lauren
Total Fanatic

« Reply #58 on: May 21, 2007, 09:39AM »

can i please send one today?!?!?! im sorry im late Sad

<3 Lauren

<3
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #59 on: May 21, 2007, 10:54AM »

can i please send one today?!?!?! im sorry im late Sad

<3 Lauren
Sure, Lauren.  Just tell Jenny I said it was okay.  I have some pull with her.   Wink

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: