Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Celtic Woman moments  (Read 4220 times)
KiernanKate
« on: January 15, 2008, 07:35PM »

Ever have moments when something happens that completely makes you think about Celtic Woman?

I just had a really funny one (I think).

I was copying out translations for someone for the word Peace. ( he needed it translated into different languages for class), and
of course since Im studying Irish.... I just have to try and find out what the Irish word for peace is.

Thats when my friend Niall just happened to come online on skype.... God DOES work in mysterious ways!
So of course I ask, and then what to my surprise but the word is siochain.

If anyone can remember the closed captioning from the Christmas DVD, that word is in the Irish song that Chloe and Meav
sing as a duet.  I just thought it was interesting, and kinda weird on my part, to immediately think of that song
and of Celtic Woman, just because of the one word..... siochain.

Cheesy Celtic Woman really does bring peace too.
Moscapoet
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 08:21PM »

They do indeed bring peace Erin. Every time I hear a fiddle/violin now I think of Mairead. Every time I hear a harp I think of Orlagh. someone mentions music and my thoughts go only one place, Celtic Woman. Every day is a Celtic Woman moment now. God has a lovely way of bringing peace to a restless soul.
MeganDelia
Honorary Roadie

Thanks for the card and CD Mairead!!!

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 08:59PM »

I agree. Everytime someone mentions beautiful music I immedietly think about Celtic Woman. Everytime someone mentions a violin I think about Mairead and start humming The Butterfly. Everytime someone mentions a harp think about Orlagh and start humming Carrickfergus. They always make me calm. They definetly bring peace.

Thanks Mel, for the great banner!! Smiley
~Megan xoxo~
Jeanine
Honorary Roadie

Christmas Symphony Tour was WONderful!!

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 10:50PM »

I have had several moments like that at various times.  Of course, they're pretty regularly on my mind these days anyway. Wink

"Come to Me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." - Jesus Christ
(Matthew 11:28)
nick in denver

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2008, 08:02AM »

yeah, they are always on my mind too and pretty much anything or everything will remind me of them, irish spring soap, hearing a violin, the boston celtics... you name it!
flags
Total Fanatic

I LOVE HAYLEY AND I CAN'T HELP IT!!!!!

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2008, 10:15AM »

I have Chloe as my computer screen background and 100's of CW pictures on my screensaver so I see them all several times every day plus I usually play on or more of the DVD'S daily of which I have five. Three CW dvd's, one Chloe dvd and one Hayley dvd. I wish all of the ladies would make solo dvd's in the near future but I guess I am being greedy.

HOW WILL I SURVIVE UNTIL THE NEXT TOUR ?
DakotaF.
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2008, 11:33AM »

When I was in the hospital for my second leg removal Celtic Woman seemed to be on the tv a lot during my month long stay. I reflected back on the events of the trip to California which may have hastened the leg's deterioration, however in the end my doctors, my mother, and I all agreed that it was inevitable that it would have to be removed. For one of the most wonderful experiences of my life it was worth it! I guess you could say I really did give a limb to see Celtic Woman! *LOL*
Moscapoet
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2008, 08:19PM »

Goodness. I doubt if anyone here has made that kind of sacrifice. You sound like someone who won't let any challenge defeat you though. I'm glad CW has helped you through it all. That is quite a story, and one they should hear.
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2008, 08:49PM »

That is quite a story, and one they should hear.
They know the story, and they love him.  The girls know Dakota well, and he's one of their favorites.  For obvious reasons.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2008, 09:09PM »

They know the story, and they love him.  The girls know Dakota well, and he's one of their favorites.  For obvious reasons.

He's one of our favorites too  Wink (whispers:  "caption game")

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
Moscapoet
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2008, 09:21PM »

Wonderful! As well he should be! We really have some amazing folks in this forum.
DakotaF.
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2008, 11:11PM »

Goodness. I doubt if anyone here has made that kind of sacrifice. You sound like someone who won't let any challenge defeat you though. I'm glad CW has helped you through it all. That is quite a story, and one they should hear.

don't take this the wrong way, but i have to lagh when you say sacrifice. I was born paralyzed from the waist down, the legs had always been dead weight to me and since they were making me ill i was glad to see them go. I only wish it didn't take a month for the second one! I did tell Lisa and Meav about it when I met them in Cal.
Jammalot
Honorary Roadie

Finally back!

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2008, 12:12PM »

Today I had a CW moment in town. I was walking along the streets with a few friends, and we were talking about how Japanese people pronounce English words, and one was like 'Yeah, and just think about the way the pronounce the word ham' and I just couldn't help but think about Órlagh mentioning ham in one of the Christmas vids Grin  I have the same now with the words sea, parsley, sage, rosemary, thyme, Spanish, Lady, Beyond, Ireland, Gaelic, Celtic, Woman/women, etc Grin The funniest word is probably ham, though Grin

Wel, here's a map and here's a bible, if you ever lose your way

By Scott

Ty Rich! Grin
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2008, 05:59PM »

When I keep an eye on them, I express the standing of stars and hearts of the musical.

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Hannahlmatt
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2008, 06:05PM »

Last night at church one of our missionaries was showing us pictures of Venezuela..... There was a picture of the Orinoco River and he was explaining the picture. My friend and I did the "Orinoco Wave" and busted out laughing.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: