Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi Everyone!  (Read 4939 times)
willow-jeeves
Honorary Roadie

Reaction on CWF when Isle of Hope CD comes out

« on: April 30, 2007, 11:00AM »

Hello All:  I know it's been a long time since I posted - I've been on medical leave from work, and the doctors recently cleared me to go back part-time for two weeks, and then full time. 

The good news is that I'm feeling much better, and I thank you for your prayers.  Basically, I had to step away for a while, and get some answers about my physical, emotional and spiritual well being.  I am now coming out of a major depression, which, ironically, I didn't even realize I was in the middle of.  I had been working without a break of more than 4 days at a time for a long time. 

The doctors did some tests for all the really bad stuff and they came back normal, except for my thyroid, and there has been some adjustment to medicine there.

The most important changes, though, have been in realizing that I needed to start doing those things that I had stopped doing because I was always so tired.  I started singing with a small ensemble at my church again, and spending more time being kind to myself and others.

I'm still on the road to recovery and have some good days and not-so-good days, but I've taken the first steps.  With God's help and your prayers, I have felt really encouraged. 

So, that's what's been going on with me.  I now have my alarm set so that I wake up to "The Sky, The Dawn and The Sun" every morning.  It helps a lot, and I am also looking forward to seeing CW in Oakland in about three weeks!   Grin

Blessings,

Mary (willow)

Thanks, Wickie!

"I never made promises lightly,
And there have some that I have broken,
But I swear in the days still left,
We will walk in Fields of Gold." ~ Sting
Maggie
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2007, 11:19AM »

Hey! Welcome home, Mary!

Glad to see you back here with us.
Also glad you are taking care of #1 so you can take care of everyone else.

Yes we don't realize how important it is to take some time for rest & recreation.

I have a thyroid problem too. That's another thing.....Until I was diagnosed in 1995, I didn't realize what an important job the thyroid does. It controls our whole metabolism and affects stress levels, weight gain etc.
My Navy doctor told me he thought it was cancer, so they removed the left lobe.
When they chopped it up they discovered I have "Hashimoto's thyroiditis".
This can be partly genetic, and it can be affected by too many antibiotics and / or environmental issues.
Anyhow, I take synthroid every day and it's under control.

You still have our prayers, and you are on the right track starting each day with "The Sky, the Dawn and the Sun".
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 07:59PM by Maggie » Logged
Steve P

Know that I will sing to u each night I dream of u

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 11:42AM »

Welcome back.  Glad you're feeling better.  Enjoy the Oakland concert!!

SusanZ
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 12:13PM »

Hi Mary!

Glad you are back and feeling better. It is amazing how everything in our body is connected - physical,emotional,etc. Not to mention what stress can do to us. Take it easy coming back and don't push it. All things in time,as they say.

Have a great day!

Susan

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
willow-jeeves
Honorary Roadie

Reaction on CWF when Isle of Hope CD comes out

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2007, 01:25PM »

Thanks for the wonderful replies! I feel very blessed by this wonderful community!

Things are going well as I adjust back into work, right now I'm part time, but next week I adjust back into a full-time schedule, if the doctor permits.  I have to get a release from him, but things look really encouraging.

The part-time schedule has helped me get into a morning routine (morning is NOT my best time of the day!  Grin  Grin), which is the hardest part for me.

Thanks, Wickie!

"I never made promises lightly,
And there have some that I have broken,
But I swear in the days still left,
We will walk in Fields of Gold." ~ Sting
fireyred09
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2007, 04:27PM »

Routines are great!

As everyone has so far mentioned, glad to have you back with us!  Smiley

Take it easy with your recovery!!
Meldy

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2007, 07:13PM »

I'm glad everything is now going well for you and I hope it keeps getting better Smiley  Waking up to "The Sky, The Dawn, and The Sun" is not a bad idea at all...I do the same Wink Smiley

Banner by:  Scott
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2014, 08:36AM »

Miss you so much, Willow, just wanna say that my family and I had tried new things together.

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: