Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lisa's Due Date  (Read 54618 times)
07-sara
Bodhrán Player

Smile, you never know who's watching.

« Reply #225 on: March 04, 2008, 06:46PM »

Yes.  You would probably need to be a mom or dae to really understand it.

Happy is what happens, when all your dreams come true!

Sara
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #226 on: March 04, 2008, 06:54PM »

I agree Sara

Let see if I can try to explain why they may want a few days of just them knowing......

the birth of a baby is a wonderful event. Life changing. Knowing that a new being has been brought into this world with all of its blessings. Some people...moms and dad's included...may want that special feeling for just themselves for a few days. To ponder it, to explore it, to just take it all in. Its theirs and theirs alone. You pass this way one time. Bringing home a new baby. This baby. They may want to ponder it in their hearts for awhile.

did that make sense.....?

Makes sense to me. Like I said, I know I am anxious like others, but I also am patient. I can wait. I have waited since I found out in Oct, if we have to wait till Lisa pops back in the States, so be it.  Smiley

cool2it
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #227 on: March 04, 2008, 07:05PM »

It helps!!  And I understand what you are saying. But I guess I don't exactly see how if they take the child home and the family has all the time they want and need to love and welcome him or her to the world, what difference it could make to them ( mainly because they wouldn't even know) that we are whooping and having a great time celebrating it too. Please understand -- I have NO IDEA how this works and I will sure do the right thing for Lisa!!    Grin

Thanks for the terrific banner Rich!!  PLEASE, Let's all help in the fight against ALS
MeganDelia
Honorary Roadie

Thanks for the card and CD Mairead!!!

« Reply #228 on: March 04, 2008, 07:14PM »

I'll be patient too because I understand how they need their privacy for a couple days after the baby is born.

Thanks Mel, for the great banner!! Smiley
~Megan xoxo~
kathleen
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #229 on: March 04, 2008, 07:31PM »

Its just kinda a personal thing. You have your family, his family, everyones friends. Siblings need adjusting and time and love....You may just want to share it with these people for awhile. Then next stage.....the world.

did that make sense?

Or they may want to shout it from the mountain tops from day one.... Grin Everyone handles these things in their own time and space.

but hey...what do I know...LOL just trying to help here...... Grin  I have no idea what they are feeling or thinking...just giving an insight

Mom kathleen
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 07:37PM by kathleen » Logged

cool2it
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #230 on: March 04, 2008, 07:49PM »

A friend just told me that I have to remember that Lisa is a mother first and a Celtic Woman second--- This make total sense to me and I will wait anxiously but quietly for them to tell me--- whenever they want me to know.   Thanks to all of you for keeping me straight!!   Embarrassed  Embarrassed  Embarrassed

Thanks for the terrific banner Rich!!  PLEASE, Let's all help in the fight against ALS
MeganDelia
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #231 on: March 04, 2008, 07:58PM »

I agree that Lisa is definetly a mom first. I'll wait patiently but nervously.

~Megan xoxo~
zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #232 on: March 04, 2008, 08:05PM »

I'll wait patiently

I doubt that. pacing, biting nails and checking the forum every 2 minutes to see if there is an announcement is NOT waiting patiently.

Maybe it will be March 31 at 2359.

Jim

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
MeganDelia
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #233 on: March 04, 2008, 08:11PM »

I'll wait patiently

I doubt that. pacing, biting nails and checking the forum every 2 minutes to see if there is an announcement is NOT waiting patiently.

Maybe it will be March 31 at 2359.

Jim
I don't get on every couple of minutes to check. And I don't pace or bite my nails. I check about once a day but thats it. I'll wait patiently for Lisa. I understand that she needs her privacy. She's my idol and I'll do anything for her. Megan
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 08:13PM by MeganDelia » Logged

~Megan xoxo~
zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #234 on: March 04, 2008, 08:39PM »

Go to Ireland and wash her car?

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
CurlyandGreen

« Reply #235 on: March 04, 2008, 09:29PM »

We will all wait patiently and with respect, but we will still be excited!!!

"You must do the things you think you cannot do."
         -Eleanor Roosevelt

We Hail Thee, Carolina
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #236 on: March 05, 2008, 04:47AM »

I am having my morning , I am good now  Grin.

I hope Lisa realizes for the most part that most of  us are just being silly on here, passing the time till we do find out. Plus this is the only place I can express my enthusiasim and excitement during these past months. Co-workers and friends just don't understand why I am so happy about someone I don't even know..They just DON'T Get it.. Roll Eyes

As for finding out, anyone at a Show, and sees Chloe in an extra giggly mood...will KNOW!  Grin

07-sara
Bodhrán Player

Smile, you never know who's watching.

« Reply #237 on: March 05, 2008, 05:13AM »

Chloe is always giggly though, I'm not sure you would be able to tell with he if she was extra.  Maybe she would actually bounce off the stage at the very end of the show.

Happy is what happens, when all your dreams come true!

Sara
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #238 on: March 05, 2008, 05:20AM »

Chloe is always giggly though, I'm not sure you would be able to tell with he if she was extra.  Maybe she would actually bounce off the stage at the very end of the show.

Oh believe, she can be extra giggly. She was at the St. Paul show.. Grin

kathleen
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #239 on: March 05, 2008, 06:21AM »

I hope Lisa realizes for the most part that most of  us are just being silly on here, passing the time till we do find out. Plus this is the only place I can express my enthusiasim and excitement during these past months. Co-workers and friends just don't understand why I am so happy about someone I don't even know..They just DON'T Get it.. Roll Eyes

I think Lisa knows we are just being silly. And excited. Just the thought of a baby with those cute little hands and feet makes me break out in a smile Grin

I am gonna eat a pickle in her honor today!

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: