Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Funny Spam  (Read 7361 times)
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« on: January 29, 2008, 07:35AM »

My email addresses are all over the Internet, so I receive about 400 emails a day.  Of course, about 95% of them are garbage and spam.  But I do get a kick out of reading some of the subject lines before I delete the messages (unread).  One of the more common ones going around now has the subject line, "Go to sleep and stay asleep."  That's exactly what I'm afraid I'm going to do one of these nights!

What are some examples you've seen of unintentionally funny spam messages?

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Bookworm
Honorary Roadie

Thanks Celtic Chicken!

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 11:18PM »

Along the same lines, my dad got an e-mail from some retailer that said "It'll make your heart stop!"

Thank you Lisa Kelly Fan and Brian H

The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity.
MeganDelia
Honorary Roadie

Thanks for the card and CD Mairead!!!

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 07:34PM »

One time it said  "Sorry About Last Night" in the subject line. Its like it knew I was almost thirteen years old and I'm guy obsessed. It was weird. Cheesy

Thanks Mel, for the great banner!! Smiley
~Megan xoxo~
Hannahlmatt
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2008, 08:04PM »

I've gotten all of these emails saying that I'm the long lost heir to the "(insert funny name here)" fortune, and that I need to go to some little country that no one's heard of to get my inheritance.

OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2008, 09:57PM »

but it probably wouldn't do much good.
Don't even think about replying - even in jest!  When you respond to one of those messages, it tells them that they have a "live" email address.  They then add it to their list, which is sold to every lowlife spam marketer in the civilized world.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Siobhan
Total Fanatic

Everywhere you go, let your dreams surround you

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2008, 10:22PM »

I like the ones I get that offer me something that will make my skin look 15 years younger.  I'm not sure if resorting back to the skin of my toddler days would be good for me   Grin

When you think of me
sing a heart-spun song
When it's over,
sing it once more.
When you dream of me
dream when I'll meet you
on that distant shore.
m.k.c.
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2008, 06:06PM »

I keep getting spam with titles like, "Want a bigger baby maker?" I'm a bit tempted to write back and be like, "I think my uterus is fine the way it is thanks," (and yes, I realize that's not what they're referring to), but it probably wouldn't do much good. Oh, and apparently "It's driller time."
Nero Angelo
Honorary Roadie

You will not forget this devil's power!

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2008, 05:17PM »

Just cleared my spambox. A choice one was 'what a stupid face you have'.
Is that supposed to be enticing? Tongue

Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2008, 06:04PM »

I like the ones that tell me that I've been magically chosen to win a free new ipod, imac, 1 million dollars, trip to Bermuda, etc. etc! Isn't that amazing!? Out of ALLLLLLLLLLLL the people on the internet, they've chosen little ol' me.

Aw shucks.

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
Lisa_Kelly_fan_forever
Total Fanatic

FaFo...."Why am I so Caramel Cinamonny?"

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2008, 08:34PM »

You're just special, Emily.  Exactly like the rest of us. Cheesy

I don't really get spam.....yet, at least.  One of my friends keeps mass-forwarding junk to me.  I don't think she knows the meaning of "send it separately" or "Blind Carbon Copy me". Roll Eyes

Proud to be a FANTIE!!! Grin Grin

A positive attitude may not solve all of your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. Grin
cool2it
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2008, 04:39AM »

Yeah,--- I've been helping little Cindy get through college now for over seven years!!! This poor girl must be dumber than a fence post!!! LOL

Thanks for the terrific banner Rich!!  PLEASE, Let's all help in the fight against ALS
Maggie
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2008, 04:00PM »

Well, let me see.....

I've won the Lottery in Canada (several times), I have been invited to launder money from Nigeria, Botswana, Sudan.....and I can keep a chunk of it, all I have to do is send them enough to pay the taxes.......

I've been told "You're wonderful" and "So very kind of you" in the subject line.

The very sad thing is, some people fall for this kind of garbage.

I've also been offered "your own pharmacy"!
Integrity.Love.Unity.
Bodhrán Player

So let's go on, let's go on, on and on for love

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2008, 02:38PM »

My mom, who has been married for 17 years (as of June 30th), got an email (a few minutes ago) that said "One of our singles wants to meet you!!!!

Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2008, 04:03PM »

The very sad thing is, some people fall for this kind of garbage.

I've also been offered "your own pharmacy"!

I've been offered a pharmacy too. I've been getting a lot of "WE LOOOOOVEEEEEE YOUR RESUME!!111!11!" spam e-mails too because I had my resume up on Monster and CareerBuilder for a while.  Roll Eyes

I'm just glad my Grandmother doesn't do computers and e-mail, because she'd fall for all of this. We're constantly having to keep an eye on her finances because she tends to give money to the first "charity" that comes along and asks her for some...

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: