Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there a new program that includes Alex?  (Read 9651 times)
MrPeabody

Set the WayBack machine, Sherman.

« on: February 03, 2008, 08:25PM »

I have both the Meav and the Lynn versions of the ANJ program and I was wondering if there is a third version with Alex.  Since Alex is only "temporary" they may not change the program, but if there is a different one I would like to add it to my collection.

And this is my last post as a Junior member, I'm finally a Full member.  That's my first title change in many years!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 08:31PM by MrPeabody » Logged

Mike

07-sara
Bodhrán Player

Smile, you never know who's watching.

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 09:12PM »

I don't think we'll be able to find out if the program has Alex in it till the start of the tour.

Happy is what happens, when all your dreams come true!

Sara
MeganDelia
Honorary Roadie

Thanks for the card and CD Mairead!!!

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2008, 09:24PM »

I think it will most likely have Lisa and Alex in it. It might just have a note about why one of them isn't there.

Thanks Mel, for the great banner!! Smiley
~Megan xoxo~
hesprit
Total Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2008, 11:22PM »

I was wondering the same thing, and my guess is that it will be something like what Megan said ... it may have both Lisa and Alex featured.  That would be fitting, I believe, the only question would be how much work it would be to change the program again.

I'm looking forward to finding out and adding the program from this tour to my collection as well .. I have both of the ANJ programs, one autographed by Lisa and Chloe, and would be happy to buy another one, even if there aren't any real changes to it.
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 03:37PM »

You can take an example like a video if you told anyone.

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Western_Rose
Total Fanatic

A Dark Haired Girl

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2008, 04:42PM »

I highly doubt Lisa will be in the program when she's not in the show, Deirdre was considered Temporary and she was in the Program and I don't think Méav was in it.

"Make a joyful noise unto the Lord all the earth" Psalm 100:1
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2008, 04:45PM »

Lisa is rejoining the group before the end of the spring tour.  It's pretty unlikely that they'll print two different programs.  I believe Lisa and Alex will both be in it.  Just a hunch.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2008, 05:16PM »

I hope there will be video messages or diaries from Deirdre Shannon, Hayley Westenra, Alex Sharpe and Meav so I can hear them well.

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2008, 05:16PM »

Lisa is rejoining the group before the end of the spring tour.  It's pretty unlikely that they'll print two different programs.  I believe Lisa and Alex will both be in it.  Just a hunch.

That's my hunch also. They had both Meav AND Hayley in the Spring 2007 program.

aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2008, 05:36PM »

I highly doubt Lisa will be in the program when she's not in the show, Deirdre was considered Temporary and she was in the Program and I don't think Méav was in it.

Actually, both Méav and Deirdre were in the 2005 program. I went and checked mine just to make sure.

aislin
Celtic Liz
Total Fanatic

Congrats Lisa and the Family! Welcome Ellie!

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2008, 06:01PM »

I hope that there is a program with Alex in it. Like other people have said Meav and Hayley were in the program from the last spring tour

made by JRRacing
2B0B

You are in my heart, I'll see you in my dreams.

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2008, 06:15PM »

I hope someone that sees one of the first shows in Grand Prarie will post the play list (including artists), so we can be aware of and expect the changes due to Lisa's absence. I just can't imagine they would replace any of her solos, or how hard it will be for Alex to "step into" Lisa's shoes. Although I will miss Lisa at the Tulsa show, I hope Alex realizes we appreciate her situation, and look forward to hearing her voice.

To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a Heaven in a wild flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And Eternity in an hour.    William Blake
How does Mairead hold my Heart in her hands
when she touches bow to strings,
And Orla reach my Soul
when she strokes her harp and sings?  2B0B
Shywolf(Craig)
Total Fanatic

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2008, 06:17PM »

I agree with MelWood and Old Fat Guy. When Haley performed in California also the other ladies sang some of the songs that Meav sang. Also to make changes to the programs is expansive due to paper, layout and type setting and the printing and shipping charges. Shocked
m.k.c.
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2008, 06:58PM »

I hope someone that sees one of the first shows in Grand Prarie will post the play list (including artists), so we can be aware of and expect the changes due to Lisa's absence. I just can't imagine they would replace any of her solos, or how hard it will be for Alex to "step into" Lisa's shoes. Although I will miss Lisa at the Tulsa show, I hope Alex realizes we appreciate her situation, and look forward to hearing her voice.

Welcome to the forum Bob. I like the poem in your signature, and I second your sentiment. While part of me will miss seeing Lisa, I'm actually quite stoked about seeing Alex (and Lynn) perform.
2B0B

You are in my heart, I'll see you in my dreams.

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2008, 07:35PM »

Thanks for the welcome, m.k.c.
I had to shorten the last lines to get it all in the signature! Originally it was, "deep into my soul", and I meant it to express how deeply those two touch me. I sometimes forget to breathe when transfixed by a certain fiddler's gaze, and the harp can transport me to Inisfree.

I am counting the days! I'm bringing along a couple of friends to "hold me down" during the performance, as I tend to jump up and dance to a certain fiddler's tune!  Embarrassed
Hopefully I will get to meet them someday...there's no M&G in Tulsa Cry

To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a Heaven in a wild flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And Eternity in an hour.    William Blake
How does Mairead hold my Heart in her hands
when she touches bow to strings,
And Orla reach my Soul
when she strokes her harp and sings?  2B0B
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: