Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there a new program that includes Alex?  (Read 9653 times)
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2008, 07:41PM »

I have ideas about this. It has a drawback or 2, but also some good points.

First, they come up with a basic program that includes all of the 'regulars' for that specific year. But they still need to include any subs / guests  like Alex, Deirdre and Hayley. So, I would make the inside of the back cover as a folder like thing that can hold inserts. Such inserts would include the bios and photos of subs / guests, an exact listing / order of the songs being done that night and who will be singing what song, etc. This could help with printing costs, as it would be very adaptable without changing or reprinting entire stock of the program.

Also, if they don't need to worry about this because the 5 'regulars' are the show that specific night, they can have a number of options on the inserts. They can just leave it empty, or they can run some type of 'collectors' type of insert, maybe with 'bonus' photos, or maybe a few autograph pics would get put into the program for a few lucky fans, those sort of things. They also could consider putting in ad inserts and make a few extra dollars, though I think we fans might not like that idea much, we still would buy the programs (just throw the inserted ad material out ).

I think the main drawback to such a plan is perhaps a perceived knock against the ladies not defined as 'regulars'. What are they, 'irregulars'? Of course not, but it does sort of come off like that, and that concerns me a bit. But they are also professionals, they have been in show business with other shows, and they know how these things are. For example, when Alex came on board, she knew coming in that she was a sub, there was no deception or anything involved.

But it does seem best to include all of them in the programs. So my idea #2 here = include all ladies, past & present, in some way in the program. The prblem with that is the program could start getting bigger and bigger every year, and thus more expensive. But I think many of us wouldnt care, we would pay say $5 more to get the added material.

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
Northern_Lights

The Northern Lights

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2008, 07:47PM »

Ditto with Cash's post, as long as the version they sell online has the special bonus stuff(all of it)!

Thank you WR!
Shywolf(Craig)
Total Fanatic

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2008, 10:17PM »

Cash it can be done. You can send your message to the CW office and let them know Wink
hesprit
Total Fanatic

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2008, 10:57PM »

Based on the two programs that I've seen, both from different tour sets for ANJ, I would have to say that Rich's thoughts are the most likely, and I would think the most proper.

While we would all love to have each of the ladies, past and present, included in one collection, I'm not so certain it would be proper as a program.

Think of it like this ... all of us know the history of who is, has been, and is coming along to be a part of Celtic Woman.  For a great many people attending these concerts, though, that isn't the case, and it would tend to be more confusing to them.

A program is intended to be a description and basis for the show people are there to see.  I would think it would be completely proper to have the program include both Alex and Lisa, as they will both be involved in this councert tour.

A similar book that includes all of the past and present members of Celtic Woman would be a very welcome item to make available for purchase at the sales booths at concerts, as well as from the CW website.
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2008, 07:20AM »

A similar book that includes all of the past and present members of Celtic Woman would be a very welcome item to make available for purchase at the sales booths at concerts, as well as from the CW website.
They could make it a hard cover "coffee table" book and sell it as a collectible.  I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
kathleen
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2008, 03:27PM »

They could make it a hard cover "coffee table" book and sell it as a collectible.  I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

They could call the coffee table book the CW Special! Wink Grin

OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2008, 03:30PM »

They could work out a marketing deal with fivebucks - I mean, Starbucks.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2008, 04:06PM »

I'm loving these ideas!!! Grin

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2008, 04:22PM »

They could work out a marketing deal with fivebucks - I mean, Starbucks.

Well if they make a deal with Starbucks, it needs to include Starbucks playing and selling their CD's Cheesy

Oh and I want one of those Books!  Grin

Capn Davey

Your Dream's Do Come True!

« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2008, 04:33PM »

And if you order 2 books you get a Lisa Special for half price Cheesy

Dave

Banner By Celtic Fiddler

Amy Rivard Forum:
http://amyrivardforum.com/forum/
hesprit
Total Fanatic

« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2008, 12:11AM »

**grins**

I love the idea of the coffee table book.  I would also buy it without hesitation ... I might even go get my coffee table out of the storage room just to put the book ON it!

As for Starbucks ... well, I don't like coffee, but I guess that's a non-issue since there are none anywhere near where I live!
Celtic Lass
Total Fanatic

« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2008, 10:59AM »

oooooooo! I would so buy a book like that. Kiss
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2008, 07:52PM »

I just wanna know who is gonna sing "The Voice." That's all I need to know, lol. I adore that song, and I just can't imagine anyone other than Lisa singing it. I'm willing to give someone else a chance, however. I'm not totally closed-minded, haha. I'm assuming they'll give it to Alex?

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
Lisa_Kelly_fan_forever
Total Fanatic

FaFo...."Why am I so Caramel Cinamonny?"

« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2008, 08:15PM »

I'm assuming they'll give it to Alex?

That would be the safest assumption.

Proud to be a FANTIE!!! Grin Grin

A positive attitude may not solve all of your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. Grin
hesprit
Total Fanatic

« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2008, 08:48PM »

Based on the way they handled Lynn stepping in after Meav left, I'd have to agree, it's very likely Alex will sing "The Voice."    I know there had been some discussions about whether Lynn would be given some of her own songs instead of ones Meav had done, but it seems like the song list remained about the same.  I would assume it was to prevent added confusion ... since the rest of the group, including the choir and the instrumentalists, were already used to the show as it was, it would be much simpler to have one person learning the steps and arrangements as the show was already set up, instead of having the entire cast and crew having to relearn what would be almost like a new show.  Having to do that would probably mean the tour would have to be delayed, at least to some extent.

With the plans being for Lisa to return to the tour when she, and the baby, are ready, it would be even more difficult on everyone if the show itself was changed.  I'd have to agree that it's a safe bet that Alex will be singing "The Voice" on the Spring Tour, as well as filling in for Lisa on the rest of the songs.

Just a tidbit ... if Meav were still touring with Celtic Woman, it's entirely possible she might have done "The Voice" while Alex handled the rest of the performance, since Meav was, originally, going to be doing that particular song.  The decision was made to have Lisa perform it instead, but I did note in an interview with Meav that she was slated to do it at one point.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: