Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there a new program that includes Alex?  (Read 9652 times)
Lisa_Kelly_fan_forever
Total Fanatic

FaFo...."Why am I so Caramel Cinamonny?"

« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2008, 09:02PM »

This is slightly off topic----do you have that interview offhand?  I've never heard that Méav was supposed to sing The Voice.

Proud to be a FANTIE!!! Grin Grin

A positive attitude may not solve all of your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. Grin
hesprit
Total Fanatic

« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2008, 09:19PM »

I'll look and see if I can remember where I saw it ... I believe it was one that I had found through a link here on this forum, but I'm not positive.  If I can find it again, I'll post the link here.

I think Meav would have done a fantastic job with "The Voice" ... but having seen and heard Lisa singing it, not only on the DVD but live, all I can say is that I'm glad she did.
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2008, 09:22PM »

I remember the same interview - that Meav was to sing it originally - but also don't remember where I saw or heard it.
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2008, 10:04PM »

Thanks for the info. I assumed they would just give it to Alex, but I didn't know if maybe they were going to be switching things around a bit. Still wishing I could hear Lisa belt it out, but I'm actually quite excited to hear Alex. I bet she'll be great with "The Voice."

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2008, 01:07AM »

Hmmm, I'm wondering if hesprit isn't remembering some of the comments on Meav's forum.  Meav sang The Voice during her recent December mini-tour.  One of her forum members spoke to her about it (I believe after one of her NH shows) and she told that person that she was considered to originally sing it, but it was decided to have Lisa sing it instead.

And just so I can put my two cents in, I'm hoping they do a program this tour with both Lisa and Alex, too.

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
kathleen
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2008, 07:55AM »

I would assume that one program with all the current girls in it. One book for all and all for one!
The program would include Lisa and Alex. Kinda like the first one with both Meav and Hayley.  This would save costs and they wouldn't have to remember what program to sell ...what night.

just a guess. Can't wait to buy what ever they have to sell!

hesprit
Total Fanatic

« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2008, 01:21PM »

Hmmm, I'm wondering if hesprit isn't remembering some of the comments on Meav's forum.  Meav sang The Voice during her recent December mini-tour.  One of her forum members spoke to her about it (I believe after one of her NH shows) and she told that person that she was considered to originally sing it, but it was decided to have Lisa sing it instead.

And just so I can put my two cents in, I'm hoping they do a program this tour with both Lisa and Alex, too.

Kelli,

That's very possible, because I did look through some of the comments and posts about Meav's tour on her forum.  I have to admit, I don't get the chance to check the individual forums very often, to be honest, I simply don't have as much time as I'd like to, so it may be weeks or longer between checks of a particular one ... except this one which is my "old stand by"

I know that I was doing a search last night, after my post here, for different inteviews with Meav, and couldn't find the comment anywhere ... so I'd have to say it's a very good possibility.
Tracey

« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2008, 09:00PM »

Ahem, I posted the review on Meav's board here as well.  Scroll down to the end.
http://www.celticwomanforum.com/index.php?topic=2960.0

Before hearing Meav sing The Voice, I couldn't imagine anyone else but Lisa singing it either.  But now, I have a new appreciation for Meav's versatility and her voice is just as apt for this song as Lisa's.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 09:03PM by Tracey » Logged
hesprit
Total Fanatic

« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2008, 09:43PM »

Ahhhh, thanks Tracey!

I knew that it was somewhere I would have been looking at recently, but I was drawing a complete blank on where it was from.  I'm REALLY glad that you let us know ... and thanks again for having posted that for all of us originally!

Peter
Western_Rose
Total Fanatic

A Dark Haired Girl

« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2008, 06:25PM »

well this isn't a program buts heys its Alex with CW (photoshopped of course)

"Make a joyful noise unto the Lord all the earth" Psalm 100:1
m.k.c.
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2008, 09:38PM »

Why don't they just take a new picture?  The photoshopped one is just too....photoshopped.
Hannahlmatt
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2008, 10:23PM »

I agree! Wink

07-sara
Bodhrán Player

Smile, you never know who's watching.

« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2008, 10:35PM »

My brother took one look at the program, having never seen one before, and said it looked photoshopped.  It would cost alot of money and take time, that they probably don't have, to get another one.

Happy is what happens, when all your dreams come true!

Sara
PDM1114
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2008, 11:54PM »

I bought a program at the Birmingham concert and both Alex and Lisa are in it.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: