Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fasting Support Group  (Read 39935 times)
m.k.c.
« on: February 04, 2008, 10:27PM »

I started a CW fast on Friday, and I'm going to attempt to continue until the concert I'll attend this term (April 16th). In all actuality I'm debating just giving the girls up for Lent (we'll see how insane I'm feeling after March 23rd), but I'm not positive. At any rate, I know Mel was or is fasting herself, and I decided we need a place where those who decide to fast at any time for any reason can come and vent. And likewise where we can support each other in our moments of temptation. At any rate, anyone who's fasting feel free to vent away.
zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 08:23AM »

Hey on Fat Tuesday, it is not nice to remind people to FAST. Ash Wednesday is tomorrow, the start of Lent.

Just checked the rules, Over 59 doesn't have to Fast.  Grin

Jim

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
m.k.c.
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 04:54PM »

I'm not saying anyone has to fast. I'm just saying if anyone is and is having one of those "I really want to listen to CW right now" moments they should have a place to come and complain about it.
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2008, 05:11PM »

I have been fasting since Christmas Day. I only broke once, a week ago when I was soooooooo bored at work I needed the music to keep my mind busy. But back on it.

Just hope I don't forget the words to Orinoco Flow  Undecided

Lisa_Kelly_fan_forever
Total Fanatic

FaFo...."Why am I so Caramel Cinamonny?"

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2008, 08:21PM »

I have been on one for two weeks, two days.  Yes, I am feeling a bit weird, but I've done this once before, so it's better this time.  Every time I scroll past a dern song on my MP3 player, it plays in my head! Cheesy

Mine'll last till my concert, 3 weeks and 1 day from now.

I don't think I can top Mel, though.  I want to bask in the CW after my concert.....for a few months, anyways.  And I may have to listen to my CDs a day or two before this one actually ends, since I'm not a regular concert-goer and I get jittery before them.  I need some CW to keep from convulsing at that point....almost literally.

Oh, and Molfy started three days after me.

Proud to be a FANTIE!!! Grin Grin

A positive attitude may not solve all of your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. Grin
CurlyandGreen

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2008, 08:54PM »

Listen to Nickel Creek and pretend you are waiting on them to come out!

"You must do the things you think you cannot do."
         -Eleanor Roosevelt

We Hail Thee, Carolina
m.k.c.
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2008, 09:03PM »

How long are you going to fast for Mel?
Texas Chava

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2008, 06:29AM »

Fasting??  No way, I've been playing Celtic Woman non stop in my car, in school, etc.  I want to know every word before Feb. 18th.  I do very well at lip synching though, everyone will be going to the concert to hear the girls, not me! LOL

Banner by Scott
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2008, 06:37AM »

Fasting??  No way
I'm with you, Lynn.  Just my opinion, of course, but this whole fasting thing makes no sense to me.  I can listen to CW right up until the moment the show starts, and it doesn't decrease my enjoyment of the concert a bit.  As they say, different strokes.......

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
loveCW

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2008, 06:49AM »

Yeah... I'm not, nor would I ever, fast before a show. Cheesy

Decode....

chickie.monkey
Total Fanatic

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2008, 06:52AM »

it doesn't decrease my enjoyment of the concert a bit.

I think the theory is that a fast will actually increase the enjoyment of the show. Althought if I enjoyed the show more than I already do, someone would have to peel me off the ceiling! Cheesy  I have been considdering a fast, but that's as far as I've gotten with it. Grin

I do have to say I have the utmost respect for those fasting. It can't be easy! Good luck and stay strong!! Cheesy

OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2008, 06:57AM »

I think the theory is that a fast will actually increase the enjoyment of the show.
Um...... yeah, I kinda figured that out.  It still doesn't make sense to me.  But if it works for others, hey - go for it.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
SusanZ
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2008, 08:05AM »

Fasting??  No way, I've been playing Celtic Woman non stop in my car, in school, etc.  I want to know every word before Feb. 18th.  I do very well at lip synching though, everyone will be going to the concert to hear the girls, not me! LOL
You go,Chava !! Orlagh will be watching to see if you know your lyrics - and she DOES notice people who sing along!

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
Maggie
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2008, 09:36AM »

I think the theory is that a fast will actually increase the enjoyment of the show.
Um...... yeah, I kinda figured that out.  It still doesn't make sense to me.  But if it works for others, hey - go for it.

I was thinking about this idea of fasting from CW before a concert, compared with fasting during Lent.
Fasting during Lent is: (quote)
"based on the idea of denying oneself to focus on something greater.”

I think that is a good explanation of CW fasting also, the "something greater" being seeing them live in concert!

Also, it heightens the anticipation.......like knowing there are gifts under the tree, but waiting until Christmas to open them.......
Having said that, I don't really fast from CW before a concert......I don't play them all that much anyway. (shock, horror!  Shocked)
Yes I love them, but it's a long-term relationship not just a crush. They will be in my Irish music collection for life.

However, I am spreading the word..........

I play Celtic Woman for the uninitiated, like all those early voters who asked me what the beautiful music was. I even propped the CD cover up so they could see it.
We couldn't solicit for any of the Candidates, but I saw nothing wrong with showing off CW  Grin
The guy who comes to the house to work on Dave's van brings his boom-box.
He used to play hard-core country until we introduced him to CW.
The Hispanic painters working on my neighbour's house now LOVE CW!
Some Mexicans I met a year ago traded me 2 of their salsa CDs for one CW CD.
Yeah I know, not a good swap! Roll Eyes Anybody like Salsa?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 09:43AM by Maggie » Logged
zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2008, 10:01AM »

Do you have a Book and CD store that buys or trades?

Jim

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: