Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lisa Kelly the most popular Celtic Woman?  (Read 16306 times)
MeganDelia
Honorary Roadie

Thanks for the card and CD Mairead!!!

« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2008, 04:48PM »

Yall lets not start a fight about this. Even though Lisa is my personal favorite I love all the girls. Rich, I suggest that you delete this thread or lock it right now before it creates more chaos. Chloe and Orla are definetly close to being my favorites.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 07:37PM by MeganDelia » Logged

Thanks Mel, for the great banner!! Smiley
~Megan xoxo~
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2008, 04:49PM »

Wait - Wait - I love them all!!!
edtom

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2008, 04:58PM »

One of my favorite pop/rock groups of the late 80's/early 90's was the all female group The Bangles. Like other "girl groups", all four members, Susanna, Vicki, Debbie, and Michael (yes, her name was Michael) were beautiful. However, unlike most, all four had talent-all were skilled musicians, and all were excellent singers. When the group formed, there was mutual agreement between them that they were equal partners, that none would be considered "more equal". Each sang lead on at least one song on each album.
Unfortunately, circumstances did not allow them to fulfill that mutual pledge of equality. By coincidence, their first several hits all had Susanna as lead singer. Also, she had what I'll call "star quality". Not by her choice, she became the focus of attention of an overzealous media-she even starred in a (forgettable) movie.
As time passed, this did not sit well with the other members of the group. Call it envy, jealousy, resentment, whatever, it led to a too soon break up of the group. (They, older and wiser, has since gotten back together, but with a much smaller impact).
I love ALL the members, past, present and (I'm sure) future, of Celtic Woman. Although I will admit to having a personal favorite, I would hate to see TOO MUCH attention focused on anyone, to the real (or perceived) detriment of others.

I love Celtic Woman
Celeste

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2008, 05:01PM »

Besides, we all know who is truly the most important member of Celtic Woman, and that's the musical genius who put it all together in the first place -- David Downes. Without him, the whole project wouldn't exist.

Celtic Liz
Total Fanatic

Congrats Lisa and the Family! Welcome Ellie!

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2008, 06:29PM »

Well everybody knows that Lisa is my favorite, but Orla and Chloe are coming up there to. I love the whole group and the way they sing but because of Lisa I tend to pay a bite closer attention. Also I think that the CW girls are all special and I can realate to one of them in different ways.

made by JRRacing
flags
Total Fanatic

I LOVE HAYLEY AND I CAN'T HELP IT!!!!!

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2008, 06:33PM »

Chloe Agnew: Solo DVD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chloe is the perfect anti-pop-star for today's world, in terms of how she looks, what she sings, and even the kinds of videos that she appears in. The scenes from the Vivaldi song are like a living fairy-tale. That aesthetic is like something out of a 19th-century work of art, but seeing it brought to life on film, with a flesh-and-blood girl instead of a painted model, shows that this kind of timeless beauty can be realized in the contemporary world.

Chloe is definitely a stunning beauty, and here we have an example of yet another budding celebrity (like Christina Schmidt) on whom the media could shine a spotlight, it if was serious about promoting more natural body image for women. Why does the press keep talking about the starving, emaciated stars? Why not focus on these examples of full-figured young beauties, instead?

And my goodness, those Irish landscapes are breathtaking. These are the sorts of locations in which I always hoped Charlotte Coyle (the most famous of all Irish goddesses) might shoot a fashion layout, or ad campaign.

I will say, though, that I think Chloe has become even more beautiful in the year since these DVD videos were filmed.

HOW WILL I SURVIVE UNTIL THE NEXT TOUR ?
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2008, 06:36PM »

Besides, we all know who is truly the most important member of Celtic Woman, and that's the musical genius who put it all together in the first place -- David Downes. Without him, the whole project wouldn't exist.
I think this is a very good point that isnt made enough. David, as well as the other men in the show, seem to do a great job but also leave the spotlight on the ladies. Very talented and very unselfish.

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
2B0B

You are in my heart, I'll see you in my dreams.

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2008, 07:52PM »

While I believe each of us has a favorite or favorites (one or more  who speaks more clearly to our heart than the others), I know the sum is much greater than the parts in CW. All I need do is listen to four and sometimes five part harmonies unlike and beyond anything in my dreams  of paradise!

Add to that mix of Angelic voices one unparalled Violinist, Percussion that makes your heart pound, a choir, with strings and concert pianist.
Imagine "Somewhere, Beyond The Sea, Orinoco Flow, or You Raise Me Up" performed by any other group or individual performer, and something wonderous will have been lost.

The magic is that all of these great solo voices, raised together (with  thanks to David Downes!), create the vocal equivalent of a symphony: sounds that most of us could never have imagined until we heard CW.
I was going to add my two cents, but it just kept coming out! Sorry to ramble on...2B

To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a Heaven in a wild flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And Eternity in an hour.    William Blake
How does Mairead hold my Heart in her hands
when she touches bow to strings,
And Orla reach my Soul
when she strokes her harp and sings?  2B0B
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2008, 07:54PM »

GREAT POST, 2BOB!!
Hannahlmatt
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2008, 07:55PM »

Yep-yep!

Anderpaw
Total Fanatic

Love the pipes!

« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2008, 08:02PM »

Excellent post, 2BOB. I agree totally!

RMNP_Hiker

« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2008, 09:14PM »

As beautiful and talented as they all are, there is only one member who's departure would make me think twice about going to a concert. Mairead.

Rocky Mountain National Park http://www.geocities.com/rmnphiker/rmnp
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2008, 09:15PM »

I would still go, but it wouldn't be the same.
CWGhosty

Sing to the world, you will be heard!

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2008, 10:28PM »

For me all the girls are the best in their area since Lisa can't sing like Orla and Chloe like Meav and Chloe like Meav and so on.

But Lisa is very special to me since she was the first CW girl i heard singing(isn't youtube a great place!?)She just casts a spell on me, well i really can't explain, but at the end i love all the girls the way they are.

Good day Grin

Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2008, 10:31PM »

As beautiful and talented as they all are, there is only one member who's departure would make me think twice about going to a concert. Mairead.

I agree. I would probably still end up going (lol), but like you said, I'd probably think twice. I can't imagine a concert without any of them, but especially not Mairead.

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: