Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jewelry Worn By The Ladies  (Read 5212 times)
flags
Total Fanatic

I LOVE HAYLEY AND I CAN'T HELP IT!!!!!

« on: February 10, 2008, 04:50PM »

Does anyone know what type of jewelry is worn by the ladies?

HOW WILL I SURVIVE UNTIL THE NEXT TOUR ?
m.k.c.
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 05:51PM »

I'd imagine the only one's who know are the women themselves.
Maggie
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2008, 07:54PM »

You can't really tell by how they appear in a concert.....their on-stage image is deliberately understated, to let their natural beauty shine through.

However, I'm just guessing they have good taste, and would prefer to wear one or two small pieces of good jewelry, rather than lots of flashy costume pieces.

Jewelry is not usually a high priority with Irish women.
I usually wear one or two little sentimental pieces, given to me by family.

I dislike flashy or large jewelry, but I sometimes wear a piece as an accessory, because the colour matches my outfit.

Chloë might be the most likely to wear fun jewelry, as she is the youngest.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 08:24PM by Maggie » Logged
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 01:53AM »

It appears that the ladies wear rings, probably their wedding rings for those who are married. Other than that, it does not appear that they wear much jewelry.

I would think that this would be expected. With all the different lighting coming from different angles, I would guess that it wouldnt be long before a distracting glare could come from anything shiny. On Caledonia, did any of you notice the blue coloring coming from the one ring worn by one of the ladies in the chorus? Its at the start of the song, to Lisa's right as we look at her (behind and left of her on stage) Its not too bad though. I wonder if camera filters could eliminate glare, but thet wouldnt help the audience during live shows.

Hayley wears a number of rings on her dvd. We discussed this once upon a time on a Hayley thread. Cant remember which one though. But it seems a bit distracting at times. I dont think its necessarily bad though. But I kind of agree with Maggie on her 'let their own natural beauty shine' theory.

Another thing I notice on this subject. I am a little surprised that you never see any of them wear crosses. At least I havent in any pics. Religion / faith seems to be important in some of their songs too. But perhaps that could alienate fans of different faiths? Or perhaps done out of respect of just keeping their faith private, or not pushing their beliefs on others? Could be any number of good reasons.

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2008, 02:27AM »

I just watched "Caledonia" again and the blue you saw appears to be reflection of the lights on the roof of Slane Castle on a ring worn by Kira or Lorraine in the choir.  I also noticed, at times, purple reflected by musicians in the orchestra, and of course, by cymbals used by Ray and Nick.  Lisa, Meav and Orla also appeared to be wearing rings.  With all the blue and purple lights at the castle, I'm surprised there were not more reflections obvious.
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2008, 06:02AM »

Kira had done a great job with the precious bracelets and earrings that belong to these ladies. Take a look:

This bracelet with pink and lavender beads on it that matches the earrings belong(s) to my favorite Celtic Woman lady Chloe.

This bracelet with blue and aqua beads on it that matches the earrings belong(s) to Lisa.

This bracelet with purple and orchid beads on it that matches the earrings belong(s) to one of my friends Mairead.

This bracelet with jade green and clear beads on it that matches the earrings belong(s) to third Celtic Woman former Meav.

This bracelet with green and lime beads on it that matches the earrings belong(s) to another friend of mine Orla.

I bet they are enjoying the jewely Kira had made successfully. Wink

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Celtic Liz
Total Fanatic

Congrats Lisa and the Family! Welcome Ellie!

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2008, 06:16PM »

I really like Lisa Meav and Orla's bracelet and earings. I wish that i could find some that look just like those.

made by JRRacing
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2008, 02:25PM »

Yeah. They would even look good on those. Smiley

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
m.k.c.
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2008, 04:46PM »

Another thing I notice on this subject. I am a little surprised that you never see any of them wear crosses. At least I havent in any pics. Religion / faith seems to be important in some of their songs too. But perhaps that could alienate fans of different faiths? Or perhaps done out of respect of just keeping their faith private, or not pushing their beliefs on others? Could be any number of good reasons.

While some of the CW material is indeed religious, Chloe is the only one who has professed to practicing any faith at any time. Sometimes I think that Celtic Woman would rather the public's focus be on the music, not on the personal lives/beliefs of the members (and who can blame them?). Also, as others have mentioned, I believe the lack of jewelry worn my women during the shows are a result of lighting technicalities. As for the jewelry they wear in their "down time," I'd say look at the interviews on the CW site, and you'll probably get some idea of their tastes.
Moscapoet
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2008, 05:44PM »

It does appear that they are modest in their adornments which is perfect because they frankly need none. They are all so naturally beautiful that they need nothing but the simple accents they prefer. That goes for makeup too.
Celeste

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2008, 06:07PM »

I'll offer a slightly different take. I'm very much a fan of opulent jewellery, especially chandelier earrings, decorative necklaces, bracelets, etc. I love seeing ancient jewellery (which is often quite elaborate) from the Classical Greek, Roman, etc. cultures in museums, and it's fascinating to see it replicated in present-day forms. It brings a little bit of the timeless beauty of the past into the present, and can emphasize femininity. I think princess-like jewellery looks lovely on a woman when she wears such ornate accessories with an elaborate hairstyle and a romantic style of dress (ruffled blouses, bohemian skirts, etc.), creating an overall unmodern, opulent look. I'm not as much a fan of sombre, modern minimalism.

Taste is in the eye of the beholder. Smiley

Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2008, 06:11PM »

I sure do know that they are made with rubies, topazes, diamonds, emeralds, sapphires, amethysts, garnets, so many gems made of minerals. Smiley

These Celtic Woman ladies are enjoying them all.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 06:15PM by KAJ » Logged

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Lisa_Kelly_fan_forever
Total Fanatic

FaFo...."Why am I so Caramel Cinamonny?"

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2008, 06:20PM »

Okay, this isn't jewelry exactly, more just an accessory, but you can see from the Behind the Scenes on ANJ that Lisa wears a *pretty good sized* watch, and unless the image is flipped, she appears to be wearing it on her right hand.  I just thought that was odd because a majority of right-handed people tend to wear watches on their left.

Just pointing that out.  Other than that, all I really know of is their rings.

I would have to go with no jewelry for the concerts, as well. *except rings, of course....though not more than one or two.*  I just think that's more their style...jewelry would be dressing it up more, which isn't necessarily good.  I agree with Maggie.....it does seem to bring out their inner beauty; I also agree with Cash, it is a plus on the lighting side to stay away from shiny objects.

Proud to be a FANTIE!!! Grin Grin

A positive attitude may not solve all of your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. Grin
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2008, 02:36PM »

Remember Orla's rings?

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Western_Rose
Total Fanatic

A Dark Haired Girl

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2008, 02:40PM »

Okay, this isn't jewelry exactly, more just an accessory, but you can see from the Behind the Scenes on ANJ that Lisa wears a *pretty good sized* watch, and unless the image is flipped, she appears to be wearing it on her right hand.  I just thought that was odd because a majority of right-handed people tend to wear watches on their left.

Maybe Lisa's left-handed, of course then again I'm right-handed and I wear my watch on my right-hand  Undecided at least I think I do *needs to wear watch more often*

"Make a joyful noise unto the Lord all the earth" Psalm 100:1
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: