Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jewelry Worn By The Ladies  (Read 5210 times)
ferngully
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2008, 03:08PM »

I'll offer a slightly different take. I'm very much a fan of opulent jewellery, especially chandelier earrings, decorative necklaces, bracelets, etc. I love seeing ancient jewellery (which is often quite elaborate) from the Classical Greek, Roman, etc. cultures in museums, and it's fascinating to see it replicated in present-day forms. It brings a little bit of the timeless beauty of the past into the present, and can emphasize femininity. I think princess-like jewellery looks lovely on a woman when she wears such ornate accessories with an elaborate hairstyle and a romantic style of dress (ruffled blouses, bohemian skirts, etc.), creating an overall unmodern, opulent look. I'm not as much a fan of sombre, modern minimalism.

Taste is in the eye of the beholder. Smiley

agreed wholeheartedly. i love my jewelry and i have such a lot of it in order to have fun every morning and match whatever i am wearing Cheesy IMO its too much makeup that can look tacky, not too much jewelry. you can never have too much, its just the thing to complement your outfit. ban the makeup in the morning as i do (apply it around lunchtime) and wear a piece or 2 of jewelry every day that really makes an outfit. i love different looks and i think a piece of jewlery works well with a modern minimalist look to be honest, sparkles it up a bit. i would guess that the ladies have some delicate, beautiful jewlery they keep for special occasions, added to their everyday wear things. kaj mentioned orla's rings for example
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 03:10PM by ferngully » Logged
Greek ATC

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2008, 03:41PM »

In Lisa's video diary, she is wearing her watch on her right hand.  She is also wearing hoop earrings, which I have seen her wear in a couple of promotional photos.

Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2008, 03:53PM »

Don't forget Meav's necklaces worn in her solo concert and Chloe's jewelry worn in her solo DVD. Wink

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Lisa_Kelly_fan_forever
Total Fanatic

FaFo...."Why am I so Caramel Cinamonny?"

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2008, 10:29PM »

Maybe Lisa's left-handed

Debated on her old forum, but she signs with her right....I don't have the pictures to prove it offhand, though.

Alrighty, back to topic!  I saw another pic recently with Hayley wearing a necklace.  I really don't think they're different from most other gals at all in their jewelry-wearing habits...whatever suits them at the time, plus wedding rings (where applicable, of course.)

Proud to be a FANTIE!!! Grin Grin

A positive attitude may not solve all of your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. Grin
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2008, 10:49PM »

In Lisa's video diary, she is wearing her watch on her right hand.  She is also wearing hoop earrings, which I have seen her wear in a couple of promotional photos.
I would think earings are out because during the show they wear those earpieces and have the microphone along the side of their check. Any earings would have to be very small as to not interfere or tangle in the mics / wires.

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
Jason

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2008, 10:52PM »

Maybe Lisa's left-handed

Debated on her old forum, but she signs with her right....I don't have the pictures to prove it offhand, though.

Another!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 10:57PM by Jason » Logged

Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2008, 11:05PM »

Maybe Lisa's left-handed
Another!

Maybe she can use both hands equally well....you know....amphibious  Cheesy

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
Lisa_Kelly_fan_forever
Total Fanatic

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2008, 05:31PM »

There we go, those were the ones!  Thanks Jason.

Cheesy Cheesy  Lisa's suddenly got a frog in her throat....

A positive attitude may not solve all of your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. Grin
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2008, 12:06PM »

There we go, those were the ones!  Thanks Jason.

Cheesy Cheesy  Lisa's suddenly got a frog in her throat....

Well she is Green the Whole Year Round  Cheesy

Lisa_Kelly_fan_forever
Total Fanatic

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2008, 12:25PM »

Okay, that was genius. Grin

But enough thread hijacking....I know, jail me....so yeah, what about their jewelry? Wink

Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2008, 05:02AM »

I feel like such a ...toad... for ... leaping... off topic, I know that makes the mods ...hopping... mad.  Grin

<groan> That was pretty bad...As Larry the Cable Guy would say...Lord, I appologize.

Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2008, 05:17AM »

I also noticed that. I suspect she doesn't wear THOSE around the boys! Can we say OUCH! Wink.

As for the topic, I agree, that the jewelry is at a minimum on Stage due to all the lights. There is just enough 'glitz' on the dresses to make it just perfect, with out being distracting. Plus our Girls don't need alot of 'Glitz', they are simply gorgeous with out it. They have NATURAL Glitz Grin

I really love watching The Blessing, sitting on the right of Lisa while she is singing it, because that is when, at specific times, you get the glint off her wedding ring, and it just makes the song even more precious.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: