Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Celtic Woman Premiere of Spring Tour 2008  (Read 15358 times)
Charlie Brock

« on: February 14, 2008, 03:39AM »

Celtic Woman launched the 2008 Spring Tour, with the Premiere Event in Dallas (Grand Prairie), Texas at the Nokia Theater, at 8:00 PM on February 13, 2008. A second show will follow at the Nokia at the same time on Valentines Day, February 14, 2008.
Texas was not on the 2007 tour schedule, but we were blessed with the first concert of 2008, and HAPPY to have these fine musicians from Ireland back in the USA for another smashing musical treat for Celtic music lovers. I will be attending the show on Valentines Day also,  and hope to wish the Ladies a Special Day, from all of the Celtic Woman Forum Members and fans across the USA.
The concert started at eight sharp, with an introduction by David Downes over the public address. I did see David make his way from the stage to the audio mixing center in the middle of the venue, but he didn't make a formal appearance. I had the opportunity to wave and speak to Rachel Davis (Tour Manager), during the intermission.
Without further adue, I want to Welcome, and Congratulate the Beautiful and Talented Alex Sharpe. If you feel a bit of anxiety, depression or just curosity, about the temporary absense of our Lisa Kelly, and her talented replacement.... DON'T. Just have a little faith in David Downes and get yourself to a concert near you soon. Alex will thrill your musical and animated senses with a smile and "VOICE", that is made for Celtic Woman....and, a presence of charm that should delight even the doubters. Lisa is for many fans, the Queen of the troop and we all love her dearly, but she must have given her blessing to Alex and you will be pleased and entertained by this slightly bashful but musically brilliant singer. I hope to see Lisa and Alex singing together someday.
I admit it was a little difficult seeing the Green Dress on Alex at first, but she wears it with pride. Alex is not there to fill the shoes that Lisa wears...no one can. Alex has charm and talent that you'll want to stay, even after Lisa returns.....I appreciate Alex, and congratulate the woman who was talented enough to share the role that Lisa normally plays.
I want to wish Scott and Lisa a wonderful Valentines Day, and wishes for a beautiful and healthy new baby soon.
With your fears or concerns now quenched, I will move on to the GLORY of the evening with Celtic Woman. A quick glimpse at the new program, will reveal other changes in the performers that may be a surprise or even a temporary disappointment. There are new faces in the choir, and you will miss seeing Helen Kelly and Roisin Dempsey and Kira Deegan.  The new girls in the Chorus are....Catherine Neylan, Una Pedreschi and Catherine Scullion.... Amy Rivard is still with the group and as lovely as ever..! All of the male singers/dancers in the choir are the same and as usual fantastic...!
For those who were fortunate to experience Lynn Hillary, after Meav departed, you should be thrilled with her performance and charm. If you haven't seen and heard this tiny Celtic Angel....you are in for a pleasant surprise. She's bonded with the other girls and musicians, and offers her beauty and wonderful talents for all to enjoy. We are thrilled to accept this lovely lady to Celtic Woman, and wish her the same success that Celtic Woman has enjoyed since they were conceived.
Kudo's to David Downes and the Celtic Woman Organization, for continuing to add talented musicians to this successful Celtic Wonder..!
The dedication and determination of the three remaining STARS....Mairead, Orla and Chloe are to be commended also. I really needed to see these lovely ladies again, and the first concert of the year energized my Irish "want to be" soul, and gave me the familiar faces  that I came to know and love at Slane Castle, where the "New Journey" started for Celtic Woman and for us. Orla was at the top of her performance, with smiles, twinkles, song and dance...and the lovely Harp. Chloe is always happy to sing and dance for us, and she continues her musical perfection with genuine smiles and music from her heart. The Magic of Mairead will always amaze me and lift my spirits forever. She truely is an Angel with a Fiddle. I've shared many DVD's with friends and family, and they all come to me with the same revelation after watching the DVD.....Wow, who is that little lady with the fiddle? We are all entertained and amazed with the gravity defying leaps and the musical notes and chords that Mairead can achieve. The first concert of 2008, was another example of her unique ability and gift from God.....Thank him for sharing her with us. Mairead has improved her performance even more than I beleived possible. She is flying higher and farther and bowing that fiddle with incredible energy and precision. She is also very playful and wooing the audience with winks. Mairead is challenging the audience to keep up with her, and it's truly unbelieveable.

I'm anxious for everyone to see this years concerts, and the changes that have added a new energy to the show. The new lights are wonderful, and colorful and timed to exagerate the musical creshendos and huge new sound from Ray's new drums. Ray and Nicky both, are the beat of the music, and there's no one that can match this pounding DUO...! Ray has a few new steps to entertain the fans.
There's a bit more to add to this story, but it will have to wait for a few winks. I will rest tonight with the first GRAND concert in my dreams. Bless all and we'll talk tomorrow.
Charlie
07-sara
Bodhrán Player

Smile, you never know who's watching.

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 03:44AM »

Can't wait to hear the rest.  Next Wednesday can't get here soon enough!

Happy is what happens, when all your dreams come true!

Sara
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 04:16AM »

Nice review, I look forward to reading the rest of the story.

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
Conchobar
Total Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 04:51AM »

Great review! Only how am I supposed to wait until Nashville now?
Can't wait to read the rest.

Truth is just like time, it catches up, and it just keeps going.  DW
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2008, 05:34AM »

Thanks Charlie!! Glad you and Norma had a great time, wish I was there with you!.

Nice to see Alex fits in.....hmmm....maybe we need 6 CW Girls on stage at once  Wink Grin

kathleen
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2008, 06:54AM »

Hello Charlie
I am so happy that you were there to Welcome back our Ladies and Gentlemen back to the States. What a great night and thanks for the insight of the first concert. Tell Norma hello for me!

hugs
kathleen

hesprit
Total Fanatic

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2008, 07:28AM »

Sounds like the renewed show is great!  Just over a month now, I'm really looking forward to it even more.

In fact, as of this post I have to wait exactly:

2,804,585  seconds, or

32 days, 10 hours 1 minute and 25  seconds

for the show to begin!
SusanZ
CWF Global Moderator
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2008, 08:13AM »

Thanks Charlie!

Can't wait to see the "new show" !

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
davesab

Duty, Honor, CW

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2008, 08:55AM »

thanks for the great review

35 days 'til I get to see them!!!!!!!!!!! Tongue

Dave
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2008, 09:26AM »

Wow great review!!! I'm more excited than ever now!!

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
Hannahlmatt
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2008, 09:44AM »

YAY! Thanks for the review, Charlie! I have less than two weeks to see them.

Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2008, 10:38AM »

Thank you Charlie! 

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
Jonas

GO Celtic Woman

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2008, 11:01AM »

Awesome review, Charlie.  Were there any new songs? Wink

edtom

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2008, 11:11AM »

Great review. There's also a reprint in the Links Section of a nice review by Jenny Block of the Dallas newspaper.

I love Celtic Woman
Moscapoet
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2008, 12:00PM »

Well written and wonderful review Charlie. Thank you! I'm not surprised at Alex being as good as you said. David knows what he is doing and I'm now very stoked for Birmingham next week. Your comments on Mairead are wonderful too. More energy???!!! Higher leaps, and even more playful??? Oh man am I in trouble  Roll Eyes. Thanks again for your perspective on last nights Dallas show.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: