Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How Great would it be!!!  (Read 64906 times)
davesab

Duty, Honor, CW

« Reply #270 on: March 05, 2008, 03:21PM »

you've got that right!         Grin

Dave
Moscapoet
« Reply #271 on: March 05, 2008, 03:33PM »

Cool2it you are right that leading forums involve a lot of work. They require constant oversight, great teamwork, hours of hard work, and are truly labors of love. Rich and all here, as well as those who create and maintain other CW-related forums are not paid for this but consider it an extension of their love and admiration for this ensemble and parts thereof. The team here is marvelous and certainly worthy of your respect and support. The same goes for the other forums for the individual artists.
       With regard to the site of the concert. I trust that CW will do what is in the best interest of their artists and their adoring fans. They have not dropped the creative ball yet, and I don't think they will this time. Tailgaters bring your instruments, singing voices, and dancing shoes!! Well, maybe don't bring the harps. That would be very awkward.  Roll Eyes Grin Grin
cool2it
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #272 on: March 05, 2008, 04:44PM »

You are sooo right, Poet. It was my Faux Pas NOT to include all people who spend their time and effort into making all the forums work as they do. I and a lot of others get to come here and make ----sometimes---- funny or interesting and informative remarks and in general we just get to play while the moderators, and overseers, and others like Rich, work without reward so we can. So again, thank you to EVERYONE that lets me play on here!!!  I DO SO enjoy it.

Thanks for the terrific banner Rich!!  PLEASE, Let's all help in the fight against ALS
Jeanine
Honorary Roadie

Christmas Symphony Tour was WONderful!!

« Reply #273 on: March 05, 2008, 11:15PM »

If it's going to be mid-August, I'm hoping it's not MID mid-August.  Meaning, I hope it's a few days earlier than 15/16, then I'll know for sure I can go!! Grin  I'll just have to wait for the detailed announcement from CW Ltd.  As Zee said, let's keep our fingers crossed for each other that we can all go. Wink

"Come to Me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." - Jesus Christ
(Matthew 11:28)
Maggie
« Reply #274 on: March 11, 2008, 10:55AM »

Cool2it you are right that leading forums involve a lot of work. They require constant oversight, great teamwork, hours of hard work, and are truly labors of love.

Yes, that's true.
However, many Forum members are not aware of all the extra-curricular work that Rich puts in, all the random acts of kindness, and senseless acts of beauty, he starts up and throws himself into.
We will never know how many cyber attacks on our Forum he has fended off, and how many items he has deflected to protect our younger members, and keep this a safe place. He does not complain or brag about all he does.
The management and ladies of Celtic Woman, and one in particular, know he is a very special person.

As we all know, Rich is not in the best of health.
His heart is working at less than normal capacity.
I have a theory about that.......he has given so much of it to others......

It's no good asking him to ease off or slow down.....he will continue his "labor of love" and will be there up front at the filming. 
Give him a hug and a thank you when you see the guy in the OFG shirt.
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #275 on: March 11, 2008, 07:32PM »

Give him a hug and a thank you when you see the guy in the OFG shirt.

How about a firm thank you handshake and a well done pat on the back? I think I will let you ladies handle any hug work, as Larry the Cable Guy said in his movie "Health Inspector" ..."I dont hug dudes"  But if guys wearing OFG shirts get a lot of hugs from ladies, where can I buy one?

Serously this forum is great and very well moderated. But now I better stop, because I am getting off topic, and will soon get yelled at by moderators.    Wink   Tongue

Getting back on topic though, I do hope they make announcements and give us enough time to make preparations to go. Right now, its probably like 4-5 months away. But once we hit, say 3 months, we need about that much time. At least some do to get time off work, make travel plans. etc. There is still time, but I think in like a month we should hear some details, I hope.

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
hesprit
Total Fanatic

« Reply #276 on: March 11, 2008, 08:39PM »

*chuckles*

I've already told the manager at work that, once I find out when this is, I'll be letting her know so she can be prepared, then I'll wait to see what the process is to try to attend and, after that, I'll put in an official request for time off.  She already knows that it's useless to argue with me about the time if I get this opportunity ... in fact, she'll probably be trying to figure out who can run the store with both of us gone so she can attend as well!
Thomas
Total Fanatic

I am The Voice - I will remain (Thank You CC)

« Reply #277 on: March 12, 2008, 03:25PM »

Maggie,

What a wonderful tribute to Rich, thank you for posting that.

Rich, you ROCK!

Take care,

Tom
PS, Rich, you deserve everything good that crosses your path

Banner by Scott

IDIC - Live long and prosper
albopooh

« Reply #278 on: March 15, 2008, 06:42AM »

Good Morning All:

Do you think there will be a release of a DVD or CD of them performing in Japan for US DVD Players?
feaniack

Canadian Film .. Celtic something? Great Drummer!

« Reply #279 on: March 15, 2008, 07:53AM »

That would be cool.  I like the way you guys don't mind being called "crazies".  Makes me feel better about my own fanaticism.  So, at the risk of asking...what can we do to facilitate this delicacy? 

"I suppose tradition is often interpreted as a point in time held static, and upheld by people nurturing its well-being which is great of course, but this can also be a little over protective" Ray Fean- Common Ground Website - 1996.
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #280 on: March 15, 2008, 08:05AM »

Good Morning All:

Do you think there will be a release of a DVD or CD of them performing in Japan for US DVD Players?
I've asked CW Ltd, and I'll let you know when they reply.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
albopooh

« Reply #281 on: March 15, 2008, 11:11AM »

Rich,

Please keep us updated on what CW Ltd. says about a DVD/CD of their Japan tour being realeased in the US.  I will be one of the first in RI to buy a copy! 
Shywolf(Craig)
Total Fanatic

« Reply #282 on: March 15, 2008, 02:33PM »

I want to inform  you know regarding "US" dvd players and VCRs. Which are made in Asia obviously.  To keep it simple is  US, Canada and Japan are on the NTSC version or code. Europe is on the PAL for format Region 1 or 2. Some dvd players play all region an codes some don't. Read the manual on your players. Mine for example plays all codes and regions. All keep in mind when these dvds and cds are being made thier is alot of work with production on the sound and video signals to be sychned.
Hope this helps.

Craig
Sorgi

« Reply #283 on: March 18, 2008, 08:50PM »

(just found this thread...sheesh move 20 miles and have no internet for a couple of months...)

The stage area is probably too small by far (ok for the touring group) but I really loked the Montalvo Arts Center near San Jose...only holds about a thousand people, of course parking is an issue (why I didn't follow the crowd I'll never know).

-Dan

Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #284 on: March 26, 2008, 04:09AM »

Sorry to bring this back up, but I was thinking at 2am this morning (don't ask why).

I am doubting RED ROCKS now. See, if this DVD is going to like the last 3, David is going to have an orchestra. Though the RR stage is big, it's not that big to handle an orchestra, plus Ray, Nicky, and the rest of the musicians, and choir, and all the girls, and still have room for Mairead to take off Cheesy.

they can't extend the staging out, since there is tiered benchs that don't move.

UNLESS they build a special stage in the vicinity, similar to Slane, and then bring in chairs, and still have RR as the backdrop.

<I really need to stop waking up at 2am, and thinking   Roll Eyes >

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: