Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Celtic Woman performing at a fundraiser for Hillary Clinton  (Read 14891 times)
Jason

« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2008, 02:10PM »

I may be wrong, but I think that Bill Clinton tends to be pretty popular amongst the Irish, due to his efforts to help gain peace in Northern Ireland. Could have something to do with it!

Correct me if I'm wrong.. my memory can be quite faulty Tongue

Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2008, 02:13PM »

I too really hope they stay neutral. I love these ladies and their amazing music so much, I just don't want to see them get tangled in our politics. I really don't.  Cry

But can't we all love them for their music despite how we feel about their political stance?

Very much so! I would still adore them because at the end of the day, I love their music and I love who they are as performers. At the same time though, I'm only human and can't help but feel slightly disappointed. That was my only point. Smiley But, like I said, at the end of the day, it's their music, not their politics that make me love them. Smiley

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2008, 02:16PM »

Please, folks, don't read too much into this.  They're the "hired help."  They will be paid accordingly.  The hundred bucks per person is the amount the campaign is charging for admission.  The appearance of CW at this event does not constitute an endorsement.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2008, 02:21PM »

Please, folks, don't read too much into this.  They're the "hired help."  They will be paid accordingly.  The hundred bucks per person is the amount the campaign is charging for admission.  The appearance of CW at this event does not constitute an endorsement.

Thanks, Rich. You're absolutely right. I was reading way too much into it. Thank you!  Grin

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
HeyIt'sNick
Total Fanatic

Hiya fellas.

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2008, 02:24PM »

I'm no admn or mod, but perhaps this thread should be locked?
Or is that a dumb idea?
m.k.c.
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2008, 02:26PM »

I'm no admn or mod, but perhaps this thread should be locked?
Or is that a dumb idea?

Mod's and admin only lock threads when there's a reason and given that no rules have been broken and no one has been disrespectful we have no reason to lock the thread.
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2008, 02:30PM »

1.  This is an interesting topic as long as nobody goes off the deep political end with it.
2.  Requests for a thread to be deleted or locked should be made to a mod, GM or admin by email or PM.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
MeganDelia
Honorary Roadie

Thanks for the card and CD Mairead!!!

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2008, 02:44PM »

This is an interesting thread. I don't think they're picking favorites. They're just performing cuz Hillary asked them too.

Thanks Mel, for the great banner!! Smiley
~Megan xoxo~
rosie l

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2008, 02:46PM »

They were invited to perform for Pres. Bush ,and they did . That doesn't mean they endorse his politics.
They should be able to perform where ever they want to . I love them ,period!!

Rosie
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2008, 02:50PM »

They were invited to perform for Pres. Bush ,and they did . That doesn't mean they endorse his politics.

Rosie

Ah, good point. I completely forgot about when they performed for Bush.

Well, I'm feeling better about this already. Thanks, guys!  Grin

Moscapoet
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2008, 06:00PM »

They did perform at the White House and so as long as they don't make any political statements I have no problem with it. This is just another gig. These folks are smart enough to not get involved in politics and issues as so many others do. I could run an endless list of celebrities who have alienated audiences by not keeping their lips zipped regarding issues and candidates. I make it a point to never support any celebrity who insists on injecting themselves into such things. I doubt if Celtic Woman or parts thereof will ever make that mistake. For them it is all about the music, and they're just pleased and excited to share their gifts. I think most would be doing it for free back home if they had never been "discovered". 
Lisa_Kelly_fan_forever
Total Fanatic

FaFo...."Why am I so Caramel Cinamonny?"

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2008, 06:11PM »

I have to admit, I was very disappointed when I read the article.  But many have made good points on here....it's just another gig.  In my opinion, it would have been best to stay out of it so as to avoid questions.....however, this is good publicity for them, and I suppose Miz Clinton is a fan.

Proud to be a FANTIE!!! Grin Grin

A positive attitude may not solve all of your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. Grin
CarolinaRua!
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2008, 06:38PM »

They did perform at the White House and so as long as they don't make any political statements I have no problem with it. This is just another gig. These folks are smart enough to not get involved in politics and issues as so many others do. I could run an endless list of celebrities who have alienated audiences by not keeping their lips zipped regarding issues and candidates. I make it a point to never support any celebrity who insists on injecting themselves into such things. I doubt if Celtic Woman or parts thereof will ever make that mistake. For them it is all about the music, and they're just pleased and excited to share their gifts. I think most would be doing it for free back home if they had never been "discovered". 

I totally agree Scott!
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2008, 08:11PM »

I make it a point to never support any celebrity who insists on injecting themselves into such things.

I'm the same way, Scott. That just irks me.

2B0B

You are in my heart, I'll see you in my dreams.

« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2008, 08:13PM »

And we can hope a man with the Irish name McCain also has them at a fundraiser! I would pay to see them perform just about anywhere, then leave before the speaches and campaign promises begin!  Cheesy
A hundred bucks a ticket might not be that bad, especially if you get a good seat, or can say hi to the CW ladies (Hillary not included... no politics, just good taste).
2B

To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a Heaven in a wild flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And Eternity in an hour.    William Blake
How does Mairead hold my Heart in her hands
when she touches bow to strings,
And Orla reach my Soul
when she strokes her harp and sings?  2B0B
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: