Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Celtic Woman performing at a fundraiser for Hillary Clinton  (Read 14899 times)
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2008, 08:18PM »

And we can hope a man with the Irish name McCain also has them at a fundraiser! I would pay to see them perform just about anywhere, then leave before the speaches and campaign promises begin!  Cheesy
A hundred bucks a ticket might not be that bad, especially if you get a good seat, or can say hi to the CW ladies (Hillary not included... no politics, just good taste).
2B

I'd pay $100 for a good seat (first 10 rows), but I'd do like you: Stay for Celtic Woman and then scram before the sillyness starts.  Cheesy

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
Irishdreamer
Honorary Roadie

Voice of an Angel

« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2008, 09:23PM »

Wow that's all i can say.

Thank you M.K.C for the avvie and banner
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2008, 10:15AM »

Assuming that Hillary Clinton (is it tough now for anyone else to spell "Hillary" with two L's? LOL) is the person who made the decision to have Celtic Woman there:  I have one really nice thing to say about Mrs. Clinton...she has INCREDIBLE taste in musical talent.  Wink

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
CarolinaRua!
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2008, 11:23AM »

Assuming that Hillary Clinton (is it tough now for anyone else to spell "Hillary" with two L's? LOL) is the person who made the decision to have Celtic Woman there:  I have one really nice thing to say about Mrs. Clinton...she has INCREDIBLE taste in musical talent.  Wink

Yeah, excellent choice Mrs. Clinton! Cheesy (thats the only good thing I have to say to her) (no offense to anyone)
Celtic Lass
Total Fanatic

« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2008, 11:50AM »

Yeah, excellent choice Mrs. Clinton! Cheesy (thats the only good thing I have to say to her) (no offense to anyone)

Yep! It really is a stroke of genious on her part. (can't believe I am saying that) She NEEDS the woman vote so who better then to invite the CW.
Lisa_Kelly_fan_forever
Total Fanatic

FaFo...."Why am I so Caramel Cinamonny?"

« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2008, 04:29PM »

(is it tough now for anyone else to spell "Hillary" with two L's? LOL)
Yes. Cheesy  Very hard.

Proud to be a FANTIE!!! Grin Grin

A positive attitude may not solve all of your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. Grin
CarolinaRua!
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2008, 09:08PM »

(is it tough now for anyone else to spell "Hillary" with two L's? LOL)
Yes. Cheesy  Very hard.

I know! I'm so used to spelling it like Lynn Hilary!
Northern_Lights

The Northern Lights

« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2008, 09:23AM »

You know, I'm looking at this a different way than most: THIS COULD MAKE CW NUMBER 1 ON THE US CHARTS!

Clinton's (I'm NOT spelling Lynn's last name incorrectly lol) fundraiser will not pass by the press, so CW will likely get a mention in it, which may give CW a big break and surpass the likes of whomever are on the US charts right now.

And for the presidental race- may the best cantidate (no clue who that is really) win! And may they love Celtic Woman before their term as president is up!

Thank you WR!
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2008, 09:24AM »

Great post, NL!  I like the way you think!   Cheesy

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Moscapoet
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2008, 12:46PM »

David Downes for President with the ladies as his cabinet!!!! I'm sure this event will receive plenty of press and that the group has strict instructions to not comment on politics. I'm sure the exposure was very much taken into consideration.
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2008, 01:23PM »

David Downes for President with the ladies as his cabinet!!!!

They've got my vote!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
feaniack

Canadian Film .. Celtic something? Great Drummer!

« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2008, 01:44PM »

What!!!?Huh   In the CNN interview from last year they were asked about their feelings with the troubles in NorIron.  Their answer was (Paraphrased) that they didn't get involved in politics.  Politics are a divisive issue - no matter where you are or where you're from.  The perception that they are practicing favorites in American politics (whether intentional or not) could be costly.   Again... I find myself asking who makes these decisions and do they have their "thinking caps" on.  No matter what part of the political spectrum you park on, it's still not a wise move.   Hummm.  Just a memory, but didn't Bill Clinton use Fleetwood Mac to promote his campaign.  "Don't stop thinking about Tomorrow" became synonomous with his political bid.  It was sort of a kick off to their come back.   BTW - Happy Anniversary of the Good Friday Accords - Smiley

"I suppose tradition is often interpreted as a point in time held static, and upheld by people nurturing its well-being which is great of course, but this can also be a little over protective" Ray Fean- Common Ground Website - 1996.
m.k.c.
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2008, 05:00PM »

Please, folks, don't read too much into this.  They're the "hired help."  They will be paid accordingly.  The hundred bucks per person is the amount the campaign is charging for admission.  The appearance of CW at this event does not constitute an endorsement.

Feniack - In regards to your concerns, I think Rich put it best.
albopooh

« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2008, 08:00PM »

A bit concern, but I think they will remain neutral.
bot1tle
Total Fanatic

« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2008, 02:49PM »

Of all the American groups out there and Mrs. Clinton picked our irish girls......congratulations to the girls... The Grammy's are like the Heisman winner, just because you won doesn't mean you'll be picked number 1 in the draft,, the girls were picked number 1..... hope they kept them away from Bill...
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 03:12PM by bot1tle » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: