Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Celtic Woman performing at a fundraiser for Hillary Clinton  (Read 14893 times)
davesab

Duty, Honor, CW

« Reply #60 on: March 17, 2008, 02:53PM »

This was a bad decision on CW's part, and not just because they are losing a fan....
I don't matter. Their principles do.

I just read Rich's post.
I guess I just went off the political edge.

Please don't quit the forum......you are too much a part of what this forum is,
I would hate to lose the spirit and energy you bring to this forum!

I am also disappointed if CW is really endorsing any candidates......... Cry Angry Sad

Dave
davesab

Duty, Honor, CW

« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2008, 02:58PM »

I just noticed that they are not touring on Tue. March 18 or Wed. March 19.
I wonder who they will be raising funds for those nights?     Huh Shocked

Dave
Moscapoet
« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2008, 03:10PM »

I think there is a difference between artists getting up on a soapbox and speaking pro or con about a candidate or issue, and them playing a gig for pay. I'm as conservative as they get, and Maggie, I don't have a dog in this fight either. You and I are on the same page politically I think, and I know your frustration at this sort of thing. However, as long as they aren't out stumping for a candidate or making political comments I'll let it go. I am wary of guilt by association when it comes to this. Was this a good move? No, not really. But they have kept their mouths closed throughout except to sing, and there has been no media coverage of it that might tarnish their public image. If they ever do what many American celebrities have done and utter one political word from the stage or in an interview, then they will lose another fan. I think they're smarter than that. This was a gig for pay and nothing more in my opinion, and Christian that I am, I'll forgive them for an error in judgment.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 03:31PM by Moscapoet » Logged
edtom

« Reply #63 on: March 17, 2008, 05:00PM »

Celtic Woman performed for Bush. Celtic Woman performed for Clinton. I'd say they're even.
(By the way, I don't like either of them.)

I love Celtic Woman
Shywolf(Craig)
Total Fanatic

« Reply #64 on: March 17, 2008, 05:18PM »

Wow  on this. I agree with Maggie to a point. But think clearly on this. It will never change for government office, is they what people want to hear depending on the topics. Once in office it goes the opposite cause the pressure and bank accounts. Some polticians stick what they say. Ypu can't please everybody and being in public is proof of that. But since some of us on the forum are not running for public office we can tell the truth.

Oh entertainers are like us just the difference in the job. They can speak their minds too cause we live on the same planet. And the entertainment biz is also strongly policitcal and egotisical too. I have been there and see alot. Ok just my side of it and done.
gr8twh

« Reply #65 on: March 17, 2008, 05:26PM »

Ummmmmm.......yes they performed for President Bush. He was and still is the sitting President.
All be it it was a St.Patricks day concert with the Ladies own PM. It was a State affair.

Not quite the samething. Bush was not running or solicitling funds from the attendees.

Dont forget......this was a fund raiser. I think that is the issue. Not so much who it was for
either.

Again.....I like my entertainment free of politics.

I will say this though.....I am greatly disappointed in CW's choice to participate in this function.
It does not change my view of the ladies.......just there management descicions.

Leslie

WOW......I AM REALLY STANDING!!!!!
edtom

« Reply #66 on: March 17, 2008, 05:37PM »

THIS IS ALL MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING

I love Celtic Woman
Irishdreamer
Honorary Roadie

Voice of an Angel

« Reply #67 on: March 17, 2008, 07:23PM »

I have been thinking about what everyone has said this is just my thoughts on it.  First of all everyone has his or her opinion on politics, whether you think cw women should have performed or shouldn't have performed just remember we are all fans of these ladies and it was probably a decision made by management.  Remember this was only a fund raiser nothing else as long as the cw women do not support any of are political party's i see nothing wrong with it. It is and election year and candidates will do anything to get the to vote .  I still stand behind and support the 5 ladies of CW WOMEN. This is just my one only opinion on it. I hope I didn't make anyone upset.

Thank you M.K.C for the avvie and banner
HeyIt'sNick
Total Fanatic

Hiya fellas.

« Reply #68 on: March 17, 2008, 07:46PM »

I have been thinking about what everyone has said this is just my thoughts on it.  First of all everyone has his or her opinion on politics, whether you think cw women should have performed or shouldn't have performed just remember we are all fans of these ladies and it was probably a decision made by management.  Remember this was only a fund raiser nothing else as long as the cw women do not support any of are political party's i see nothing wrong with it. It is and election year and candidates will do anything to get the to vote .  I still stand behind and support the 5 ladies of CW WOMEN. This is just my one only opinion on it. I hope I didn't make anyone upset.
Not at all. And I think if I were in their shoes, I'd just want to perform. As we all can see they absolutely love to perform their music for pretty much anyone interested, so I really don't think it's anything political.  Undecided
aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #69 on: March 17, 2008, 07:58PM »

No Emily, that question wasn't aimed at you specifically. I am a sociologist and that’s the kinda stuff I sit around and think about, I really was just wondering aloud.

As others have pointed out the 13th has come and gone and several people have used this thread to take shots at CW for performing, CW's management for scheduling it, and other forum members for having an opinion one way or the other. Those last three things are against the forum guidelines and this topic has now gone beyond polite disagreement. I'm locking the topic.

aislin
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: