Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Things We'll Do To Make Those Shows!!  (Read 2755 times)
cool2it
Honorary Roadie

« on: March 31, 2008, 02:36PM »

Listening to the posts  and the extent members go to to see the Ladies reminded me of an incident that happened to me in 87. I know basketball has nothing to do with CW, but the extent we go to just to attend a concert--- well--- We were at an IU game in the NCAA tourney on a thursday night in Indianapolis and the two seats next to me were empty. This is UNHEARD of, believe me. Anyway on Saturday IU was playing again because they won on Thursday, and a man and his son( I assumed) came in and sat down. I ask where he was on thursday and he looked at me with this disgusted expression and said " Awww, The old lady had a heart attack and I just couldn't make it!"  I just looked at him for about 3 or 4 seconds and burst out laughing ( as did the three guys with me) and then the guy did too!!  Of course, we weren't laughing because of the heart attck, but of his disappointment he had missed the game.   I feel we are somewhat like that but not to that extent-- at least I hope not-- but it sure was funny.  BTW--- IU won it all that year

Thanks for the terrific banner Rich!!  PLEASE, Let's all help in the fight against ALS
CWFan2
Total Fanatic

Love You Always Lisa!!

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 04:41PM »

Cool2 ... Funny. Kinda. Sort of. I think!?!?

... Bill

Still And Forever ... Our Angel From Heaven
CTofer

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 09:31PM »

I know that distance is generally the biggest obstacle for most all of us....in the past, we've had people fly in from all over the country to make it to a concert. I think Alaska was the farthest, as we have yet to hear (as far as I know at this point in time) from anyone in Hawaii or anyone who has flown in from Europe or Africa or South America to attend a concert. Farthest I ever traveled was to Colorado for the Red Rocks concert year before last.
CWFan2
Total Fanatic

Love You Always Lisa!!

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2008, 03:15AM »

I am approaching (roughly calculated) over 11,000 miles traveled (within the USA) for Celtic Woman concerts (12 of them) over a 15 month period. And I love every minute of it. However, I won't even (roughly calculate) the $1000.00's of dollars spent in the process.  Wink

... Bill

kathleen
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2008, 11:37AM »

Well I have made a few shows. But my family has to be one of the best.  Grin My husband supports my jaunting around seeing CW. I get to see a few concerts each tour.

So...not only do I do things to make these shows...but hats off to my family.

CWFan2
Total Fanatic

Love You Always Lisa!!

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2008, 03:43PM »

Amen to that Kathleen. (And I still love your "Lisa" banner ... almost a year later now).

... Bill

rodzilla

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2008, 03:44PM »

I know that distance is generally the biggest obstacle for most all of us....in the past, we've had people fly in from all over the country to make it to a concert. I think Alaska was the farthest, as we have yet to hear (as far as I know at this point in time) from anyone in Hawaii or anyone who has flown in from Europe or Africa or South America to attend a concert. Farthest I ever traveled was to Colorado for the Red Rocks concert year before last.

Well, I'm from Hawaii and I flew the 2500 or so miles across the Pacific Ocean to the Oakland concert last year.  Best vacation ever!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 03:47PM by rodzilla » Logged

"Nil Se'n La"--Seize the Day!
CTofer

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2008, 12:44AM »

Rod I had no idea you were out there! Glad you were able to make it in for a show!
Moscapoet
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2008, 04:10PM »

I've spent countless hours cruising for the best deals on the concerts wanting M & G as it is more bang for the buck. Then spending hours getting good rates on hotels and airfares. I'm in Colorado and have been now to New Mexico, Nebraska, Alabama, Illinois, Minnesota, Ohio, and Ireland for their concerts. I had major car problems twice for the Red Rocks concert but the second time it gained me third row near center at almost the last minute on the last night. I had to go back to Albuquerque to exchange my ticket from the rainout earlier due to ticketmaster policy. There is no better music or collection of artists in the world and none that have ever come close to inspiring me as Celtic Woman, and especially Mairead has. I have a life outside of CW but it is permeated by what they have done to change it for the better. I cannot imagine life without that beauty in it now.
rodzilla

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2008, 02:18PM »

Rod I had no idea you were out there! Glad you were able to make it in for a show!

There are Celtic Woman fans here...but to my knowledge, I'm the only one who dared to get off the rock and actually attend one of the live shows.  They were like WOW!

cool2it
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2008, 02:49PM »

Rod--- where in Hawaii are you located.  My favorite place in this world is Kauai.  I've been on all the islands except Lanai and I even had a shot at the Forbidden Island and I messed that up.  I can picture the CW ladies at an outdoor venue on one of the islands -- what an event THAT would be!! 

Thanks for the terrific banner Rich!!  PLEASE, Let's all help in the fight against ALS
rodzilla

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2008, 07:52PM »

I'm on Oahu.  Anyway, it would be nice for the girls to have a stop here but, it would have been too expensive to bring all the equiptment and stuff here.  When I saw the trucks and the tour buses in Oakland, I figured the PBS guy I talked to was right.  It would have been cost prohibitive.  Oh well, at least going to the concerts on the West Coast gives me an "excuse" to get off this rock.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 07:54PM by rodzilla » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: