Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thank you for the Louisville Show!  (Read 4302 times)
Anderpaw
Total Fanatic

Love the pipes!

« on: April 02, 2008, 01:25PM »

Alex,

Thank you for your performance last night at the Louisville Palace. I now know first hand that David made the perfect choice for someone to "fill-in" for Lisa. You are definitely a Celtic Woman and always will be in my eyes. Even though you were singing for Lisa, you have made thoses songs even more special for me because of your beautiful voice and awesome stage presence that has been added to the mix. You are going to go far, and you have an army of supporters behind you all of the way. Thank you for sharing your talent with us.

Paul

Aria

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 11:58PM »

I would also like to add my appreciation, Alex. I had the honor of getting to see you in Louisville on both nights. The first evening I was fascinated by your graceful moves. I especially love the way you move your hands in "Orinoco Flow".

The second evening, I was right in front of the stage. You are beautiful. I was amazed at the power behind your voice and your incredible stage presence. I really loved hearing you sing "Over the Rainbow." That is such a beautiful arrangement, and since I was sitting so close to the stage, I got the full impact of your voice on that song. Beautiful! Your solo songs were all so very good, but "The Voice" was amazing!

I'm glad I had the opportunity to hear you.
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 11:16AM »

Let me join the chorus of Louisville fans who immensely enjoyed your performances April 1 & 2!   I certainly agree with my compatriots below!  I was two seats down on the front row from Aria on April 2 and was likewise amazed at your performance.  It is obvious to me that you are an actress as well as singer and I believe you have great potential in the theatre, should you choose that route.  It certainly was a blessing to see you!  Smiley Smiley  Kiss

papagood

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 04:42PM »

I saw Alex first in Birmingham and realized that she had much more stage experience than Lynn had when she started. Lynn got dropped on stage with a lot of fast, very experienced ladies. Now she has really come into her own.
 I have been blessed to hear and see Alex perform six times this year and can say that as good as she was at the start, she has become better. She seems to be putting more and more power into her songs. I thought she would have trouble singing "The Voice" but from the first I think that has been her best song. She really lets herself go with it. In Louisville on Wed., Jim and I both stood for a standing ovation. I am not sure about the rest of the audience because I didn't look back but, Alex, you really nailed that song and you deserved the congratulations. Saying this doesn't mean your other songs were lacking in anything. It is just that "The Voice" is Special.
 Don
albopooh

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2008, 07:32PM »

Alex is a wonderful singer.
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2008, 06:06PM »

In Louisville on Wed., Jim and I both stood for a standing ovation. I am not sure about the rest of the audience because I didn't look back but, Alex, you really nailed that song and you deserved the congratulations.
 Don

I did look back Don, and they were!  Jim and yourself led that one and the house certainly agreed!!  Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: