Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Máiréad's Double  (Read 2412 times)
Aria

« on: April 04, 2008, 10:50AM »

Perhaps no one has noticed because Máiréad's performance is so mesmerizing, but Máiréad usually has a double on stage. John O'Brian is often playing exactly what Máiréad plays, but he is playing it an octave higher on one of his many whistles.

Perhaps because I am a wind instrument player, I started noticing John's performance. When I saw the show on Tuesday, I noticed John's playing quite a lot. My view of the stage was limited, I was behind a tall person, but I could easily see Des, John and Eoghan. At times I couldn't see Máiréad, so I watched the other musicians.

When I had the amazing of experience of sitting on the front row at Wednesday's performance, I was seated 6 seats to the audience's right of center. I had a perfect view of all of the musicians, except for the pianist, and I kept taking little peeks at John when I wasn't watching Máiréad fly about. His fingers are moving just as fast as hers and there were times when he was nearly dancing in his seat. He is really a fantastic musician. I was really glad he got to show off a bit in Dulaman.
Moscapoet
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 04:15PM »

Good observation. He really is great and I love that he comes out and plays during Dulaman. I don't remember him doing that in previous tours but it gets him applause when he does now. I think he and Mairead along with Ray would have a great session together. Sure would love to be there for that!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: