Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Things to do...  (Read 6914 times)
zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2008, 01:46PM »

Don't forget Hearst Castle north of Santa Barbara, Mission Capostrano and Pismo Beach or Moro Bay (Great claming areas.)

Then there is Big Bear And Travel Town in griffith Park.

In Bakersfield, you tak the 40 miles of windiy road to Lake Isabella for some fishing and fresh air.

Further north is Yosemite National Park and Sequoia national Forest

Up the coast in Monterey and Carmel.

And then there is NAPA!!!!!! and a whole lot of WINE!.

And I left the San Joaquin Valley why?

Jim

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
kathleen
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2008, 01:46PM »

In Atlanta...come see me!

Atlanta has some wonderful things to do.....
The Atlanta Aquarium is pretty neat. The whale sharks are neat. But the Beluga Whales are just toooooo interesting
The Varsity - a big drive in...onion rings are great...so are the fried peach pies
High Musuem of Art
Mall of Georgia is kinda cool
Catch an outdoor concert at Chastain Park...James Taylor, Indigo Girls play there alot
World of Coca Cola
Underground
Brave baseball game

come on into town...I'll show you around Grin

socalfan

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2008, 02:33PM »

Yeah zankoku we could include Death Valley (of course right about now is not the time to visit Death Valley) and of course the always popular quick trip to Mexico when your in San Diego. 

willow-jeeves
Honorary Roadie

Reaction on CWF when Isle of Hope CD comes out

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2008, 06:28PM »

When going across the border to Mexico from San Diego, be aware that regulations have gotten a bit more stringent.  If you have a passport, I recommend bringing it, even if you are going to Tijuana for a couple of hours.  Also, parking your car and walking across, then taking a cab is a lot safer than driving.  Most rental car agencies don't allow their cars to be taken across the border.

If you want to just hang out and do a little shopping, one of my personal favorites is Seaport Village.  It has a seawall and lawns where you can hang out, plus plenty of cool little shops, and the Wyland gallery.  I usually get a couple of tacos and a drink, and go hang out by the seawall where there are lots of places to sit and soak in the scenery.  It is just south of the airport, and there is a paid parking lot, but you get two hours free parking when you have your parking ticket validated.

Thanks, Wickie!

"I never made promises lightly,
And there have some that I have broken,
But I swear in the days still left,
We will walk in Fields of Gold." ~ Sting
Texas Celtic Girl
Honorary Roadie

There can be Miracles,when you believe!

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2008, 09:35PM »

My,California sounds nice! I can't wait to get there. I doubt I'll be going into Mexico,though. I live 5 minutes from the border here! Cheesy
I know we'll be going to the SD zoo cause my dad, who used to live in that area,has it on our to do list. I'l,l have to check out Seaport Village,that sounds like It's right up my alley Grin
I'll have to look into those restaurants as well Grin

Thanks,Guardian and Annie!
8/17/10  Finally met Rosie Allen! Thanks,CW!
Conchobar
Total Fanatic

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2008, 09:58PM »

Well , I lived most of my life on the east coast, so Philly, and Boston were it for me. The past seven years I've spent here in Minnesota. So what can I say.
I love it here! Since moving here I have seen Lake Superior, Mt. Rushmore. etal. A very different place than I would have imagined.
By the way Zee, you didn't mention the Flyers or Eagles!!

Truth is just like time, it catches up, and it just keeps going.  DW
SusanZ
CWF Global Moderator
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2008, 12:27PM »

Well , I lived most of my life on the east coast, so Philly, and Boston were it for me. The past seven years I've spent here in Minnesota. So what can I say.
I love it here! Since moving here I have seen Lake Superior, Mt. Rushmore. etal. A very different place than I would have imagined.
By the way Zee, you didn't mention the Flyers or Eagles!!

Shame on me, Bob !! Yep, we have the Flyers, the Eagles, The Phillies AND the Sixers. What we don't have are any recent championships!!!

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
cool2it
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2008, 12:41PM »

From my house--- we can watch the corn and beans grow ( although they are just now planting them as I look out my office window, so you may want to wait a bit.  We can go into town and stand on the corner and within about two hours EVERYONE who lives there will have passed by.  Timing the flasher light is always fun ( the only 4 way stop in town)  and I can introduce some of the local dogs-- everyone knows them by name and always gives them a treat. Did I mention how fat they are??  That's about it but back at my house we can watch the Red Tailed Hawks that live in my woods or if you are here when the sun starts down the big Hoot owl will let us know he's awake-- a few deer, wild turkeys and an occasional fox show up and while we are waiting for them we can set on my screened porch-- drink Hawaii grown coffee and enjoy a multitude of birds and squirrels.  Other than that, pretty boring out here.. Would I trade it for anything?--- not on your life!!  Cheesy  Cheesy Cheesy

Thanks for the terrific banner Rich!!  PLEASE, Let's all help in the fight against ALS
kathleen
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2008, 01:17PM »

sounds good to me!

OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2008, 01:38PM »

Other than that, pretty boring out here.. Would I trade it for anything?--- not on your life!!  Cheesy  Cheesy Cheesy
Gary, that sounds like Heaven on Earth!

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2008, 01:55PM »

Ah, the midwest...I LOVE it!  Gary, hope you have some spare bedrooms!   Cheesy

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
cool2it
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2008, 02:14PM »

Yep I got a spare bedroom!!! And there is a bed in there if I dig far enough!!  I remember my dad about having a heart attack when I told him I just bought 20 acres of woods for 8K. In "76" that WASN'T too smart, but Ruth and I loved it. It sits on a hill on one side of a pretty good sized valley and I can see about 26 miles of surrounding area.  We built the house ourselves ( except pouring the basement floor and the brick vaneer)  so we REALLY saved a bunch that way.  And that just makes the place all the more ours.  If you check out    "The Covered Bridge Festival"  in Parke County Indiana you will see what the area is like.  I'm not hard to find-- there's only 12K people living in the whole county--- we like it like that!! LOL  Come see me.

Thanks for the terrific banner Rich!!  PLEASE, Let's all help in the fight against ALS
zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2008, 02:18PM »

we can watch the corn and beans grow

I take it you are Country

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
cool2it
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2008, 02:30PM »

My friends do the planting and work-- I get to watch and enjoy.  I don't know how many people it would take to get me back into a town or city, but I would be kicking and screaming all the way.LOL   So yeah, I guess you could say I'm country.  You can imagine how well I slept in Chicago with the trains, sirens and traffic all night.  The only thing that comes close to waking me up in a panic as much as that $&^#@^*TR%  train was a family of cyotes in our yard one spring when we were asleep and the windows open and they decided it was time to start singing.  I promise you THAT WILL WAKE YOU UP !!!   Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy

Texas Celtic Girl
Honorary Roadie

There can be Miracles,when you believe!

« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2008, 10:05PM »

sounds alot like where i live,Gary. And you're right,I wouldn't trade it for the world!

Thanks,Guardian and Annie!
8/17/10  Finally met Rosie Allen! Thanks,CW!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: