Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Hero's Tribute  (Read 5103 times)
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« on: May 12, 2007, 02:09PM »

A Hero's Tribute.org (http://www.aherostribute.org/) is a web site dedicated to "provide an online Memorial for Our Country's Fallen Heroes, giving their families a place to come and remember."  Celtic Woman has given permission for their music to be used in the memorials.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Anderpaw
Total Fanatic

Love the pipes!

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2007, 06:45PM »

Very cool Rich, thank you.

zicom

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2007, 07:10PM »

Rich,

Thank you for A Hero's Tribute. Org.
Very impressive and heartwarming.
Thank God for our Military.

zicom
jsharp

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2007, 08:04AM »

Great news. Thanks for the heads up, Rich.

“You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” - Anne Lamott

logalogalog

Remember the Fallen. Freedom is not free.

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2007, 07:18AM »

Wow,thanks for sharing this.

Serving during Operation Iraqi Freedom
mainopsman

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2007, 10:08AM »

Thank you Rich for sharing this, and a very special thank you to our ladies of Celtic Woman.

All of our men and women in uniform, be they: Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, Coast Guard, Border Patrol Officers, Fire Fighters, Police Officers, EMS Personnel, FEMA Workers or Volunteers in the dozens of organizations who put their lives on the line for us every day, deserve our heartfelt thanks and respect.

When these remarkable heros have paid the price for our freedom and safety with their lives, it is more then fitting to memorialize them, and to keep them in our prayers.   But we should also remember their wives, children, mothers and fathers, sisters and brothers, who gave them up for us.   A contribution to an organization helping the wives and children of these heros, no matter how small, can be major help.  Look into your heart and help where you can.

The next time you see one of these heros, look them in the eye and say thank you for all you do.

JIM

Dedicate some of your life to others.  Your dedication will not be a sacrifice.  It will be an exhilarating experience because it is intense effort applied toward a meaningful end.   Dr. Thomas Dooley
McIrish

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2007, 08:07PM »

Thanks Rich,for that very? moving post to the real Hero's.It was very moving.? ? ?May I also encourage anyone who will be near a tv on Sunday to watch,what i believe to be another moving tribute to all of our heros,the pbs Memorial Day Concert on the Washington Mall.With Erich Kunzel Conducting the National Symphony Orchestra & featuring narrators like Gary Sinise & Joe Montegna,reading "letters From The Troops"& starring musicians like Natalie Cole,Josh Turner&Cece Winans,you will want to cry with the readings from the front,sing along with the wonderful tunes of the past & stand wih great pride as the orchestra plays each of glorious songs of our armed forces.There are few programs that can give tribute to those who "gave their last measure of devotion"to their country like this one does.I urge you all to see it & be blessed.Mc?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 07:28PM by McIrish » Logged
KiernanKate
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2007, 08:13PM »

they definitely are gracious and kind.
KILARNEY06

Some F.O.O.L.S never learn

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2007, 02:11PM »

Rich thank you,  a wonderful place to go to and remember an old friend, thanks. See you at fiddlers green.

I have never met a man who has given me as much trouble as myself.
willow-jeeves
Honorary Roadie

Reaction on CWF when Isle of Hope CD comes out

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2007, 02:51PM »

What a beautiful site.  May we never forget.   Cry

Thanks, Wickie!

"I never made promises lightly,
And there have some that I have broken,
But I swear in the days still left,
We will walk in Fields of Gold." ~ Sting
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2007, 06:14PM »

We'll send them some sympathetic songs.

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Moscapoet
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2007, 03:34PM »

Just saw this one Rich. Thank you fro posting it. And God bless Celtic Woman for sharing their music in tribute to those who have fallen in the line of duty. CW you are a class act! But we all knew that didn't we?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: