Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Latest News On New Book and DVD For PBS  (Read 26915 times)
Dalamar9

« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2007, 12:15AM »

What about that semi-tradition of "Christmas in May" ?  LOL - Wouldnt that qualify ?

Jim the impatient!
Anderpaw
Total Fanatic

Love the pipes!

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2007, 04:25AM »

Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus! Grin

Celtic Jenny
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2007, 07:10AM »

That's great news!  Can't wait!

But I do have a question... who is John Flanagan?  Apparently I have been so busy with school that I've been out of the loop a bit.  I don't even know who is running Celtic Woman these days.  I guess when it comes to the management portion of the organization, I don't really keep up with current events or changes. The most I do is email Alexa once in awhile when I have a question about something. I'm usually more focused on the music and trying to get to the concerts whenever I can.

I hear that Sharon is still with them but that she has taken on a different role?  Is that correct? What about David?  It's very impressive the way the corporate entity has grown since their early inception on PBS.  I hope they stay around for a good long time.

Can't wait to see their Christmas special!

Jenny xx

Celeste

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2007, 07:53AM »

I think they'll be working on other material and that's what the 2008 tour will be about. Maybe another concert taped like Slane was (an outdoor venue), I'd like to see them perform at Cashel Castle ruins (aka The Rock of Cashel).   

I agree. That's a stunning location.

After the splendour of Slane Castle, it would be a pity of the group were to be put back inside a concert hall for this film.

The most enjoyable video would either be another outdoor concert amid Romantic castle ruins, as Sassy suggests, or a compilation of classical music videos (in the manner of Chloe's solo DVD), with the girls filmed performing their songs in arch-Romantic and evocative locations throughout Ireland.

Mierna

OH YEAH!

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2007, 09:47AM »

YAY, CW's making their turning point!!  Cheesy

This wonderful banner was made by Siobhan!
Sharky Glen

« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2007, 10:56AM »

WOOOOO, YEAH! Now that's some news we've all been waiting for! Oct, eh? Only about 5 months! Looks like we're all getting some early Christmas presents!  Grin  Grin  Shocked  Grin  Grin

Sharing the love and blessings of Celtic Woman....Glen
mainopsman

« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2007, 12:29PM »

Thank you ladies, you knew just what this old man wanted for Christmas.   Now I have to be good for the next 6 months so Santa does not leave me off the list.   (Ho! Ho! Ho!  looking to pre-order at Amazon, just in case).   

Just one last thing to say, its a Merry Christmas for us all.

JIM

Dedicate some of your life to others.  Your dedication will not be a sacrifice.  It will be an exhilarating experience because it is intense effort applied toward a meaningful end.   Dr. Thomas Dooley
Anderpaw
Total Fanatic

Love the pipes!

« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2007, 06:31PM »

I very much doubt the tour is going to be for a Christmas album.  Many groups put them out for that time of year, but they don't tour for it. 

I think they'll be working on other material and that's what the 2008 tour will be about. Maybe another concert taped like Slane was (an outdoor venue), I'd like to see them perform at Cashel Castle ruins (aka The Rock of Cashel).   
Is this the place you mean Sassy?

flags
Total Fanatic

I LOVE HAYLEY AND I CAN'T HELP IT!!!!!

« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2007, 08:13PM »

What about that semi-tradition of "Christmas in May" ?  LOL - Wouldnt that qualify ?

Jim the impatient!

Martina McBride did a Christmas show tour this past year.

HOW WILL I SURVIVE UNTIL THE NEXT TOUR ?
SusanZ
CWF Global Moderator
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2007, 07:46AM »

Somebody better warn Santa !!  The book/CD/DVD will be on a LOT of lists - I smell OT for the elves !!

Susan

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
Celtic Jenny
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2007, 07:49AM »

Yes Brain... If you're reading this... you know what I want for Christmas now!!  Grin

Jenny xxxx
flags
Total Fanatic

I LOVE HAYLEY AND I CAN'T HELP IT!!!!!

« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2007, 07:55AM »

Somebody better warn Santa !!  The book/CD/DVD will be on a LOT of lists - I smell OT for the elves !!

Susan

They will both probably sell out on pre orders.

HOW WILL I SURVIVE UNTIL THE NEXT TOUR ?
Celtic Lass
Total Fanatic

« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2007, 10:26AM »

Oh ya! Whoo hoo! I can't wait to see the special. But is the DVD going to be out before the special?? Since it is relecing (sp) in Oct 07, does that mean that the special will be on Dec 07, or does it mean we could expect a tv special in a couple of months??? Hm. I wonder. Anyway this is great news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Grin
davesab

Duty, Honor, CW

« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2007, 11:10AM »

GREAT!
I can't wait....Is it Christmas yet?

Dave
willow-jeeves
Honorary Roadie

Reaction on CWF when Isle of Hope CD comes out

« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2007, 11:18AM »

Whoo Hoo!!!   

Thank you Santa!