Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Latest News On New Book and DVD For PBS  (Read 26785 times)
Maggie
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2007, 12:42PM »

OK I'm still here for a few more minutes.....ready to go.

Hey guys......don't run away with yourselves......your imaginations are running wild! Grin
For a start, there will be no concert at the Rock of Cashel, the only place for an audience there is the wonderful Brú Ború Cultural and Heritage Centre which has a beautiful but very small theatre, a parlour for an informal séisún and céilí, a gift shop, museum and cafe.
http://comhaltas.ie/locations/detail/bru_boru

The name means "Palace of Ború" where Brian Ború was crowned King of Munster in 977 AD and High King of Ireland in 1002.
It was here that Saint Patrick demonstrated the Trinity by using the leaves of the shamrock.

Here is a description from the Comhaltas website:

"You round a 20th century bend on the main Dublin-Cork road and you are transported back 1,500 years.
There, standing proud of the plains, is the great 4th century fortification of Cashel - the stone fort. This was the seat of kings and mediaeval bishops for 900 years and flourished until the early 17th century. Indeed there was a settlement here from pre-Christian times, traces of which have long since vanished.
....................The great monument in stone has seen war and peace, scholarship and devotion over a millennium and a half. It is fitting, therefore, that once again, the great traditions of learning and art which kept the flame of scholarship alight in a Europe dimmed by the Dark Ages, should have an echo at Cashel today."

I'd love to see them play in my home County, so would Máiréad I'm sure, but they won't be playing at the Rock!
Maybe Semple Stadium in Thurles.........if we could guarantee good weather! Cheesy
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 12:45PM by Maggie » Logged
Celeste

« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2007, 01:33PM »

there will be no concert at the Rock of Cashel, the only place for an audience there is the wonderful Brú Ború Cultural and Heritage Centre which has a beautiful but very small theatre,

Perhaps not a concert -- but that's assuming that the next DVD will be another live performance before a crowd. If, on the other hand, it is a compilation of classical music videos, shot in various evocative locations throughout Ireland (in the manner of Chloe's solo DVD), then this intensely Romantic edifice would be an ideal choice for one of the backdrops . . .

davesab

Duty, Honor, CW

« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2007, 02:49PM »

Us, get carried away......NAAH!

Dave
Kelsey

« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2007, 05:02PM »

A new book and DVD!  That's the best news of the day for me!  Thank you, Celtic Woman! Smiley
Kelsey

McIrish

« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2007, 07:28PM »

Hi all.Went out for mother's day,big dinner,fell asleep & dreamt that CW did a Christmas cd&dvd,then another concert for 2008.What a dream!! What??? CW what?they are? NOOOooo!! YES???.......YEssssssssss!!!!!!!!Mc
Sassy

Ni Caoim

« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2007, 11:46PM »

Yes Anderpaw, that's the place I meant and while Maggie is right, there is no stage area there, they built that Slane one from scratch and I'm sure with the technology today, that it could be accomplished somewhere in that area and I'd love to see it used! *S*

So while it might be unlikely they'd use another castle as a backdrop, it's really not an impossible dream! *S*
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 11:48PM by Sassy » Logged
Meldy

« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2007, 12:47AM »

Now this Christmas will be more than splendid Wink

Banner by:  Scott
stephany

« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2007, 10:33AM »

Hopefully Hayley will also be with the girls for this Christmas TV special  Grin
Western_Rose
Total Fanatic

A Dark Haired Girl

« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2007, 12:28PM »

hey do you think the Christmas CD might have shooting Star on it?  Grin most likely not but you know Christmas does have to do with a star of course who knows I've never heard Shooting Star might not have much to do with stars oh well just a hope

"Make a joyful noise unto the Lord all the earth" Psalm 100:1
Nero Angelo
Honorary Roadie

You will not forget this devil's power!

« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2007, 12:29PM »

I believe Orlagh made a request to not perform/release 'Shooting Star' until her next solo album is released.

Western_Rose
Total Fanatic

A Dark Haired Girl

« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2007, 03:42PM »

well lets hope that's soon  Grin

"Make a joyful noise unto the Lord all the earth" Psalm 100:1
logalogalog

Remember the Fallen. Freedom is not free.

« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2007, 09:37PM »

Sweet! I'm going to preorder the book as soon as I see it on borders website!

Serving during Operation Iraqi Freedom
Meldy

« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2007, 10:03PM »

Sweet! I'm going to preorder the book as soon as I see it on borders website!

Same here !!!

Banner by:  Scott
Lisa_Kelly_fan_forever
Total Fanatic

FaFo...."Why am I so Caramel Cinamonny?"

« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2007, 08:35PM »

Mel and Kathleen need to straighten y'all out!  They are going to the live recording, it is on July 17th and 18th!  Tis in Dublin!

Proud to be a FANTIE!!! Grin Grin

A positive attitude may not solve all of your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. Grin
gpsysngbrd

« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2007, 09:14PM »

After the splendour of Slane Castle, it would be a pity of the group were to be put back inside a concert hall for this film.

The most enjoyable video would either be another outdoor concert amid Romantic castle ruins, as Sassy suggests, or a compilation of classical music videos (in the manner of Chloe's solo DVD), with the girls filmed performing their songs in arch-Romantic and evocative locations throughout Ireland.

But at the same time, I was just thinking it would be cool for the girls to do the concert at the Helix, kind of come full circle.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: