Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Only Germany??? (European Tour)  (Read 44729 times)
doernle

Por Amor Al Arte

« on: April 16, 2008, 08:02AM »

Hey,

I'm a little confused, I just took a look at Celticwoman.com and there I see that only the tourdates in Germany are still written on the page.
Does that mean they will only come to Germany now?
I mean I'll only go to concerts in Germany, but it makes me wondering.

If that is so, then I guess Lotte and Jammers really have to come to Düsseldorf to see the girls.

Maggie
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 08:31AM »

Déjà Vu, anybody? Roll Eyes

Here we go again.........

I just hope the concerts in Germany happen.
doernle

Por Amor Al Arte

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 08:42AM »

Yeah I really hope that all the Europeans who are not from Germany, can come to Germany for the concerts.

I hope you all keep your fingers crossed for us.

The Frenchy

I would like to live in Ireland!! :)

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 08:44AM »

Déjà Vu, anybody? Roll Eyes

Yeah : ME!! Grin

Yes, it looks like the tourdates for Zurich, Vienna, Amsterdam and Antwerp are deleted.

Maggie, I think that we, european (except German Roll Eyes) are really cursed!! Cheesy

Don't know why Roll Eyes

Yeah I really hope that all the Europeans who are not from Germany, can come to Germany for the concerts.
I hope you all keep your fingers crossed for us.

Yeah, I hope this too!!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 08:53AM by The Frenchy » Logged

http://picasaweb.google.com/turtleweit

"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars"

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2008, 10:08AM »

Maybe they've been sold out or something so they took them off? I hope the same thing that happened last year isn't happening again...

Got my fingers crossed for you European fans! I hope ALL the shows still happen for you all.

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
SusanZ
CWF Global Moderator
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2008, 11:22AM »

I sincerely hope that everything works out for our European forum members - as McDonald's would say : " You deserve a break today." !!

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
Texas Celtic Girl
Honorary Roadie

There can be Miracles,when you believe!

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2008, 03:17PM »

I was just on celticwoman.com and the site said that a concert has been added on October 6 at Heineken Muysic Hall in Amsterdam! Maybe some of you European forum members can make it to that one. Smiley

Thanks,Guardian and Annie!
8/17/10  Finally met Rosie Allen! Thanks,CW!
Maggie
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2008, 03:17PM »

Maybe they've been sold out or something so they took them off? I hope the same thing that happened last year isn't happening again...

The dates wouldn't be removed if they were sold out.

Sadly, it seems Celtic Woman just can't get a foothold in Europe, or at home in Ireland.

I hope the German concerts take place and are a huge success.
That might be the start they need over there.

Moscapoet
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2008, 03:25PM »

You folks in Europe have waited a long time for this marvelous ensemble to grace your stages. I do hope they will follow through and do at least some of them. It sure is a shame that they have to travel so far to get their greatest audiences. we sure can't get enough of them here that's for sure.
doernle

Por Amor Al Arte

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2008, 10:48PM »

I think the main problem in Europe is that there is no advertising. Most people never heard about Celtic Woman over here.
I can only remember the christmas time in 2006 when there was a little advertisement on the commercial breaks on TV but that really was all. I can't remember ever having seen ANJ being advertised anywhere.
Of course the concerts are also just advertised in the cities they take place in, but that really is all.
But I think the main problem is just, that there are not enough people who actually know about Celtic Woman.

Hélène

Un bol d'Eire, Un !!

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2008, 12:41AM »

Hi !

Tell me if I mislead, but I suggest 1 or 2 big shows in Paris for the European fans ! Grin

Paris is not so far from Germany and, above all, closer to my home !  Wink

I'm sure that Sarah will agree with me, n'est-ce pas Sarah ?

Hélène

The Sweetest Hours That Ever I Spent, Are Spent Among The Lassies Oh !!
Altan
Jammalot
Honorary Roadie

Finally back!

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2008, 02:40AM »

Well, I'm sad that some European dates were cancelled, but if that means I have to go to Germany and meet all the German forum members, I ain't complaining Grin Looking forward to meeting y'all!!

Wel, here's a map and here's a bible, if you ever lose your way

By Scott

Ty Rich! Grin
Maggie
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2008, 04:00AM »

I think the main problem in Europe is that there is no advertising. Most people never heard about Celtic Woman over here.
.........I think the main problem is just, that there are not enough people who actually know about Celtic Woman.

You are right, Doernie.
I think they should find a way to show part of "A New Journey" on TV in all European Countries. Then maybe just play in major cities.
They might have to take a loss to get things started, but I think it would be worth it.

With the amount of political disruption, uncertainty, and economic problems, people need something pleasant to watch.

Most of us over here first heard of Celtic Woman while channel-surfing.....then saying "wait a minute! who was that on that last channel - turn it back!"
Then....we were hooked.......
« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 04:02AM by Maggie » Logged
doernle

Por Amor Al Arte

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2008, 04:56AM »

Most of us over here first heard of Celtic Woman while channel-surfing.....then saying "wait a minute! who was that on that last channel - turn it back!"
Then....we were hooked.......

That is somehow how I found out about them, though for me it was the advertisement during a commercial break. I loved the singing in that commercial break so everytime I had my TV running I hoped it would come up again so I can remember what group would make such a great music.

Also a big problem is that if CW concerts are shown on TV (I think they showed the first show a few times already), they are usually shown on not so popular channels and the times are also not to the best advantage.
Well lets just hope that in the progress of the time that leads to the concerts, we will see more about CW in Germany.

I can only remember the christmas time in 2006 when there was a little advertisement on the commercial breaks on TV but that really was all. I can't remember ever having seen ANJ being advertised anywhere.
On 1 May "A New Journey" on 3Sat
http://pressetreff.3sat.de/pd/Sendung.asp?ID='C20E71DE0DE7A623'

Thanks Inga, that's good to know. Wink So lets spread the word that people should watch 3Sat that day. Maybe that way we can get more people to like CW and have more people come to the concerts.

The Frenchy

I would like to live in Ireland!! :)

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2008, 10:08AM »

Hi !

Tell me if I mislead, but I suggest 1 or 2 big shows in Paris for the European fans ! Grin

Paris is not so far from Germany and, above all, closer to my home !  Wink

I'm sure that Sarah will agree with me, n'est-ce pas Sarah ?

Hélène

Oh yeah!!  Cheesy

I already said : just a concert in front of the Eiffel tower would be so great! Roll Eyes I know, I'm dreaming, but let me please!!  Wink

http://picasaweb.google.com/turtleweit

"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars"

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: