Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New message from Deirdre!  (Read 5579 times)
CWF Administrator
« on: May 13, 2007, 06:48PM »

Hi All.

Just touching base after flying half-way around the world again!
I have been to Bahrain and Abu Dhabi doing concerts there.
I arrived home this afternoon after an interesting return flight to say the least. Having had our flight (initially direct to Dublin) cancelled, we made our way via London Heathrow. That flight was in turn delayed by about 3 hours so we missed our connection in London. Not only that... Gulf Air had neglected to book us on any flight at all to Ireland.

Fiasco aside, we really enjoyed our time out there.
Check out my most recent blog post on
http://www.myspace.com/deirdreshannon

Lots of love to all.
Deirdre xx
CWF Administrator
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 05:08PM »

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Middle East Tour Comment

Having just returned from the Middle East I must admit to being quite exhausted! It was a wonderful experience though.
I performed a concert with the Celtic Tenors in Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates. The venue was called 'The Club' and we were treated to a wonderful reception from a huge cross-section of nationalities. There. we met some fun and generous folk indeed. Thank you Dale - you treat everyone, especially your staff, with such respect and dignity! It was lovely working with you.
Our second concert was in Bahrain in an exclusive restaurant called 'Upstairs, Downstairs'. We'd LOVE to come again if not to sing for you, then to eat the glorious food by British chef, David. Thank you again Stan for your generous hospitality. What a pleasure it was to meet you and your beautiful wife Grace. Thank You.
Deirdre Shannon
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: