Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Your First CW Concert Experience  (Read 9029 times)
Trouble
Bodhrán Player

Play with Fire.

« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2008, 10:18AM »

I was on Spring Break in Fl and I convinced my aunt to buy me the ticket. I was so excited! I was in the last row in the orchestra. I talked to the people around me and saw some people I knew afterwards.  March 22nd 2007 was the best night ever in Charlotte, NC.

Thanks Lindsey
Hannahlmatt
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2008, 10:30AM »

My first concert was March 23, 2006 in Raleigh.

My parents and I got the last three seats in the whole place! My mom was in the very last row in the balcony, and I was a few rows in front of her... My dad was in a whole different section!

The girls were only a few inches tall, but I had an amazing time!

Jason

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2008, 10:39AM »

Friday, November 17th.. the last show of the Fall '07 North American tour at Fargo, North Dakota.

I'd love to recount it for you, but I'm afraid I'm not very good at remembering dreams. Undecided

SusanZ
CWF Global Moderator
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2008, 11:40AM »

February 26,2007 at the Academy of Music in Philadelphia,PA

In December of 2006, I was channel surfing and came upon the annual begathon on the local PBS channel. Of course, it was ANJ that was airing and from the first moment I was hooked. My best friend is a lover of Celtic music and so I bought 2 tickets - one for me and one for her as a Christmas present. Needless to say, the concert was FANTASTIC and I joined some of the forums and the rest is history!!

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
Greek ATC

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2008, 11:53AM »

June 15, 2007 Buffalo, NY
We had missed them in March when they were in MI, and by the time I realized that I had to have tickets, the next closest was in Buffalo.  We were in about the 20th row, center, so for my first concert they were decent seats, it was nice to be able to take in the whole picture at once.  My roommate and I and the people we were sitting next to all waiting outside after the show.  The security people told us they wouldn't sign anything or take pictures, but we did get to see them and they waved at us!  It was the most amazing CW moment of my life (until the last 2 M&Gs)!  And one of the stage hands gave me his backstage pass, which I don't think too many people have, so a little momento from the first concert!!!

By the way, I've only been about the watch the ANJ DVD in it's entirety once since that day.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 12:28PM by Greek ATC » Logged

Dwight

I am Celtic Woman's favorite Dwight!

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2008, 01:39PM »

My first CW experience was last May in Tempe Arizona. Previous years I tried to get tickets and I either missed the date or I was out of town. One time I flew home to Waterford  Michigan and they were just at the Meadowbrook theatre, I missed them by 2 day's!   Cry Cry Cry  So this time, Last year I put my foot down and ordered my tickets through our PBS affiliate Channell Eight. Cheesy I discovered they had M&G tickets available So I ordered a pair for the 1st night.  Wink   About this time I had joined the Lisa Kelly Forums actually about a month before and made a few friends. This  concert ended up being a little LK forum get together. Ryan showed up along with Mel and a few others. This was also the concert that Mairead had injured herself. The concert went off really great I was sorry I missed the others and wished I had gone to some of the previous concerts across the country. For my M&G I had Chloe and Orlagh. We presented Chloe and Orlagh with the signed birthday card for Lisa that we had sent all over the country and it finally ended up at my house two day's prior to the concert. After the concert and M&G our little group decided, since most of them were from out of town and staying in the hotel across the street or a little ways from the venue we decided to meet at the small hotel Lounge. When we got there some of the choir members were already there. Then gradually all the rest came in. When I came up to the bar to order a drink I found myself standing next  to Meav, Meav gave me the prettiest smile when I said "Hello Meav"  Cheesy I talked to Meav for a bit until our drinks finally came. Then Orlagh and Chloe showed up. I talked to Orlagh again and Ryan talked with  Chloe  and so did some of our group before she left with one of her friends. I saw Mairead on Chrutches leaving for the emergency at the nearby hospital with Racheal and Lisa. While at the lounge in Tempe Orlagh and Meav drifted off with some of their friends and we spent the night talking amongst our little group and some of the choir people. At about 2AM Orlagh and Meav left after they said bye to us and then Mairead came back from the emergency with Lisa and Racheal. Eventually Ryan came back after spending some his time with one of the Roadies and then we eventaully left. I got home after 3:30 AM when I promptly went to bed. The I woke up at 6AM to go work. That following night I was out like a light. probably a good thing I did not try to do a 2nd concert I think I would have passed out. I found oiut from Ryan and Mel who attended the 2nd concert that Mairead did her usual part although not as active. So that is about what I recollect from my first concert. My better description of that night of CW is on the collapsed Lisa Kelly forums.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 04:43PM by Dwight » Logged

I am Celtic Woman's favorite Dwight!
Lisa_Kelly_fan_forever
Total Fanatic

FaFo...."Why am I so Caramel Cinamonny?"

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2008, 05:40PM »

Mine was March 24, 2007....Nashville!  I was too giddy to remember much at that one, too, Emily....I think it's normal.
I had the incredible honor of sitting on the very last row. Wink  Not so bad when you consider it, as you get to stand up and not be in anyone's way. (e.g. for the Orinoco Wave, Shoulder Shrug, etc.)  And there is more leg room, heheh.  Thank goodness for binoculars! Grin
I was also priveleged (no joke this time) to meet Don and Jim the day afterwards, looking at the busses Cheesy, and then I recieved news of a certain Lisa Kelly forum.....
And of course, Nashville was revisited February 27.  Along with Molfy, I said hello to Bob, Jamie, and Ennica, all the while storing away a great deal more memories than I was able to at my first concert.  Still no meeting with any of the girls, but SOMEDAY I'm sure there'll be a way...

Proud to be a FANTIE!!! Grin Grin

A positive attitude may not solve all of your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. Grin
CTofer

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2008, 07:10PM »

I first saw CW on PBS like most everyone else and there was just something about the purity of their voices and the intimacy of the concert itself that kept me watching. I started searching for them online, found their initial website and their very first forum. I went out and purchased their album soon after that and absolutely fell in love with several songs, especially Siuil a Ruin. Then, after initially passing up the chance for a concert in Detroit, I finally made plans to see them in Columbus, the fall of 2005. Meav was on maternity leave, something I don't think I knew at the time, and so instead of Meav, I saw Deirdre filling in that night. There was that familiar large circular screen, and then all the girls just came across the stage singing, one song after another. And Mairead! Holy COW, she must be on a caffeine drip before concert time! I had never seen anything like it.  But of all the memories I have of that  night, I mostly remember just feeling so amazed that I was actually there hearing and *seeing* Orlagh and Mairead and all the girls performing....LIVE!  There had been such a build up on the forum, after reading a number of people just rave and rave and rave about them. I felt like I should pinch myself just to really believe I was there in person.
   I had heard about a meet and greet that night, but I had no idea that you had to pledge to PBS to be a part of it. So, after some discussion with the guy running the meet and greet that night, I waited in the lobby while he said he would see what he could do. A few minutes later, the man came back out and told me they couldn't let me officially be a part of the meet and greet because I hadn't properly made the  pledge, etc., but they would be willing to sign something for me if I wanted.  I thanked him very appreciatively, gave him my name and my program and waited a bit longer. When he returned, he thanked me for being willing to wait and handed me my program back. I thanked him, and he again expressed his apologies, but that he really couldn't do anything more. I told him no, it was really okay and just fine with me. He then left and I began to leaf through my program, curious to see who had signed my program. Well, I was quite a lucky fella that night. There it was, written clearly, "For Chris....Le gra, Chloe" and a few pages just before that, I then found, "To Chris with lots of love, Orla x"  Wow!!!! I was thrilled down to my toes. I had not only gotten to see these dear ladies sing live, but I was also fortunate enough to get a program *signed* by them! As you can well imagine, I pretty much floated home that night.  I think it was a few days later that I went searching on the internet to find out just exactly what Le gra meant (I studied spanish in high school.) Makes me smile and chuckle a bit thinking back on it now. Smiley
  Since then I've seen them quite a number of times in some pretty special places, including famed Radio City Music Hall and Red Rocks, a place I just absolutely fell in love with and I have also been extraordinarily blessed to meet them all a number of times.
 But like about anyone else who has seen them, that first concert I will always remember as being something so very, very special.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 04:17PM by CTofer » Logged
John910

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2008, 11:23PM »

November of 2005 at the Scranton Cultural Center in Scranton, PA
twgblue

« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2008, 01:56PM »

Well from a newbie that has just found this site my first experience was on 14 Feb 2008 when I took my wife to the concert in Dallas TX.  We had previously seen them on PBS and had purchased their CDs  So when the schedule for 2008 came out I was right on top of the action and was able to procure seats that were close enough to the stage that I could almost reach out and touch all the girls.  It was one of the most exciting times that I have had in many many years.  My only hope is that they will plan a 2009 tour with another stop in Dallas. 

Terry
USN Retired
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2008, 02:50PM »

Welcome to the forum, twgblue!!  I don't know about them stopping at Dallas, but I'd be INCREDIBLY shocked if they didn't have at least one 2009 tour!

Enjoy your time here, you'll find 862 others (and counting!) that enjoy talking about Celtic Woman!

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
Jack

« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2008, 04:04PM »

Welcome to the forum twgblue.  It's a great place to be if you like CW or THK. 

Feb. 21, 2007, Greenville SC at the BI-LO, a birthday gift from my wife.  She asked if I wanted M&G and since I barely knew who they were, I said "No".  Can you imagine that?  Roll Eyes  We ended up in Row 6 which was great.  Since then, nothing worse than 2nd Row, and the girls now recognize us.  Smiley  Still no M&G----that WILL happen next tour.

Jack (USAF/RET)

Moscapoet
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2008, 04:14PM »

My first CW concert was last spring in Albuquerque. I had been totally enchanted by their ANJ concert from watching it on PBS. I was especially enchanted by Mairead and Lisa. So, I thought why not see them if they came to the area. Well, I checked the tour schedule on their website and picked up some tickets from ticketmaster in about row 20. I took my niece on a "date" and even bought a new suit for the affair. I wanted her to experience some women she could emulate that had dignity, class, and real talent, not the mediocre at best "talent" we hear so much about from pop culture. She enjoyed the show very much. It was a nice atmosphere too in a place made for music not an arena. They were serving wine and such in the lobby which reminded me of when I took dates to see the Nutcracker when I lived in Nebraska. I had also purchased a ticket for the Red Rocks show at the same time, again row 20. Man, if I'd only known back then about forums, meet & greets, and how amazing the show is up close. Whew! Saved me a bunch of money, but I'm making up for it now!  Roll Eyes
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2008, 04:22PM »

This link goes into a bit of detail about my first CW Concert experience! 

http://www.celticwomanforum.com/index.php?topic=950.0

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
Colleen
Total Fanatic

Semper Fi

« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2008, 07:06PM »

June 15, 2007 in Buffalo NY. I got tickets mainly because I was bugging my mom so much to see them and got her interested too. We were farther back but It was still an awsome show. The music was spectacular and I couldn't stop smiling for about three weeks.

Thanks Mel!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: