Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dodge Theatre Phoenix Ariz May 11th 2008  (Read 14212 times)
Dwight

I am Celtic Woman's favorite Dwight!

« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2008, 09:15AM »

Three more days to go. Then they are here.

Yipeeeeeee Less 3 Days to go. I just have to find my water bowl  !   Grin   Grin   Grin

Dwight

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2008, 03:39PM »

They are here!!!! Grin Grin Grin

I get to see them in a few hours.

I meet Moscopoet, Donnis and his wife who is just sitting ahead of us in the next row and Bill from Conneticutt. And of course my coworker Dave and his daughter Caitlin who has never seen them before.

Yippee CW is here!!!                        Grin   Grin   Grin

SusanZ
CWF Global Moderator
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2008, 06:14PM »

Hope all you guys have a fantastic time - we'll be waiting for the reviews!!

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
Capn Davey

Your Dream's Do Come True!

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2008, 06:24PM »

Have a Great time tonight i wish I was there!

Dave

Banner By Celtic Fiddler

Amy Rivard Forum:
http://amyrivardforum.com/forum/
Moscapoet
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2008, 09:14AM »

A review will come later but for now, the ladies were great as always, but in spite of the crowd being large it was really not very supportive. They only clapped when prompted and did not give Des applause after his solo. Mairead only had people clapping along with Pacific Slope. Dwight and I did our best but what a pack of zombies in the crowd. They did wake up a bit at the end but too little too late. Great show as always CW. See you in Bakersfield!
Dwight

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2008, 10:26AM »

Boy you said it Scott. The Phoenix Audience "What a bunch of Dead Beats".   Shocked  What really amazed me was that CW put on one of thier best performances.  Cheesy They were really rocken.  Cheesy But not our Audience. This 2nd time around for CW for me in the Phoenix area was somewhat dissapointing for me as far as Auidience interaction was concered I also figured out about how to get a front row seat at a Phoenix Venue. I noticed last year at the Gammage the only people to have preferential seating were the Sun City crowd ie Retirees, and it was no different this time around either. These people bequeth there entire estates to Channel 8 PBS upon their temrination. Well... La De Da. Not me! I'm going to make my will out to the cat that lives in my back yard. Channel eight aint getting a dime from me. There was not one young person in the front rows. At all. Not like Toledo and Auburn Hills. No I'm too embarrased for Celitc Woman girls and supporting cast. I'm glad this time around I did not see them after the show. Ever have to Duck and hide. I really Hope the crowd in Tucson is better than the one last night. If I were CW I would never come back to Arizona again.

Inspite of the lacking Audience some of the interesting highllights of the show. Chloe recoginized me just before intermission and gave me an interesting look and a big smile. She seemed really happy that I did show up. At the end of the performance I waved at Chloe and Amy rivard. Chloe waved back and nodded, Amy picked me out and she gave me a very enthusiastic wave in return as she was leaving the stage. I could not tell with Mairead, Audience interaction with Mairead is very fleeting at best but she is a bit preoccupied. Let me reassure those Mairead people if your in the front rows and she knows you she will more than likly see you. She mentioned this to me at Auburn Hills. Lynn did give us a little smile and some eyecontact during the show. I don't know if Orlagh really noticed us in row 5 behind the pit at all. All the Girls were trying to get some interaction from the front row people but it just was not happening at all.

Well for me this is my last concert for this tour. I thought of going to the Greek Theatre but I decided to pass this time aroiund.   It can only get better form here. The end of the week CW ends its spring tour. I have not heard a word if there is going to be a short summer tour like there was last year. But in August probably late August is the taping for the new DVD. I hope to attend that one.

signed Frustrated in Phoenix
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 12:12PM by Dwight » Logged

Shywolf(Craig)
Total Fanatic

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2008, 11:02AM »

Wow!    Shocked I am glad I went to seem them last year at the Greek sitting front row center section. And I and new friend Imet sitting next to me applauded Des an he aknowledged us for that as did the ladies ,  Ray  and Nicky. When applauded and cheer after each song!! Others attending started too. Ohhh  the magic was real that night.  Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 01:24PM by Shywolf » Logged
zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2008, 12:55PM »

Dwight,
Sorry about the show. Gammage was supportive last year. I know you couldn't see it from the ground floor, but we had a lot of standing and clapping in the balcony and I was one of the leaders.  I did check to see who was standing.

As for the retirees, they were probably raised in an era that said don't applaud until the end. Remember Sun City is the Arpaio supporters and aren't used to driving their golf carts into downtown Phoenix at night.

Next time they need to go to a venue that is more available to the rest of the valley. Gammage is a much better venue. Who goes to downtown Phoenix at night, on Mother's Day?

Jim

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
Dwight

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2008, 12:59PM »

This was my 7th CW concert my 2nd Phoenix concert. All the previous concerts I attended Des got an applause for his solo with Chloe. Last night when the applause did not happen. I actually did a double take, is this somekind of nightmare. Somebody stick me with a pin, this can't be happening. No applause. Last year Des got a great applause at the Gammage. Not this year. I don't know what to make of it.

you'll notice my Dog Humphrey has not made an appearance. He is so embarrased at the lack of Phoenix Audience involvement I can't even get him to come out of his Dog House. Not even with a fresh bowl of cool water.

zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2008, 01:03PM »

Having come from the SF Bay area, my wife has always complained that Phoenix has no class. Guess she is right.

Jim

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
Dwight

« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2008, 01:04PM »

The answer to your question. Who goes to downtown Phoenix on a Sunday night. Ah well the Panhandlers were sure there. I was accosted three times. Almost a 4th Iwas  faster to my SUV than the pan handler could get to me.  Cheesy  Scott Moscopoet got accosted 6 times 2 of those times he was with me. Yes the Phoenix Downtown Panhandlers even though fewer in number than they were 25 years ago are still there.

Joe Arpiao supporters. Oh Jim I really can't go there can I . . .

Dwight,
Sorry about the show. Gammage was supportive last year. I know you couldn't see it from the ground floor, but we had a lot of standing and clapping in the balcony and I was one of the leaders.  I did check to see who was standing.

As for the retirees, they were probably raised in an era that said don't applaud until the end. Remember Sun City is the Arpaio supporters and aren't used to driving their golf carts into downtown Phoenix at night.

Next time they need to go to a venue that is more available to the rest of the valley. Gammage is a much better venue. Who goes to downtown Phoenix at night, on Mother's Day?

Jim

zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2008, 01:08PM »

Dwight, if you see the girls tonight, especially Orla, say hi for me. She doesn't know my name, but I am sure she couldn't forget the guy at I Hop who loves her Carrickfergus. I was half tempted to wander down to the hotel this morning for some Starbucks but at 6AM, I thought it might be a TAD early. At least tehy would know that some of us in Pheonix area love CW. Listening to Carrickfergus right now.

I am also on Orla's forum and happy to have been a part of the gift she was presented with.

An no we really don't want to go anywhere re Joe Arpaio.

Jim
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 01:20PM by Kelli » Logged

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
Dwight

« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2008, 01:09PM »

Phoenix has no class well I could agree with that one. All the years I have been here I have seen nothing to convince me otherwise. I first noticed this when I was assigned to Luke AFB in Sept of 1974. The first thing I looked for was a Classical Radio Station. Phoenix had none. Tucson had Three Clasisical Radio Stations that I knew of. Not Phoenix. That is just the tip of the ice burg.

Hmmm Ever wonder why pople who live and work in Phoenix Retire Elsewhere.

Having come from the SF Bay area, my wife has always complained that Phoenix has no class. Guess she is right.

Jim

Dwight

« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2008, 01:12PM »

No I'm not going down to Tucson tonight. I have too much to do at work. Not unless I got a bolt out of the Blue Ticket offer front row center would I do it. That would have to happen in the next three hours.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 02:23PM by Dwight » Logged

zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2008, 01:15PM »

Thought you were all set up

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: