Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IMPORTANT: Our forum Administrator Rich Ropes needs our love and support.  (Read 244565 times)
kingcobradude (Clay S.)
Bodhrán Player

I am Chloë Agnew's #1 Fan

« Reply #765 on: August 13, 2010, 08:16PM »

RIch
My heart is singing right now! I am so happy for you!  Work hard...get a few vacation days stored up and come visit me soon! I have coffee!!!!!

love
Kathleen
Thanks, Kathleen. Right now, the job is part time, so I don't get vacation days.  But that also means I can pretty much take time off whenever I can afford it.  Soooooo...............  we may take you up on that coffee.

Now, I have more good news.  I just got home from seeing my oncologist.  I have not received (or needed) a chemotherapy infusion since February.  In the past 6 months, there has been a 75% reduction in the serum paraprotein level, which means I am now in partial remission!  The effects of the myeloma - loss of bone density, damage to kidneys, bone pain, etc. - will not go away, but they are not getting any worse.  This is probably the best news I could have hoped for, and it looks like you good folks may be stuck with me for quite some time yet.   Cheesy
Awesome news. We should throw a party

Yes it's raining. Why do you think Ireland is so green, pixie dust? I can not believe you just nodded your head. *exasperated sigh*
MikeyK
Honorary Roadie

Proud Chloëver

« Reply #766 on: August 15, 2010, 12:53PM »

Glad to hear the good news, Rich!
shankdee
Honorary Roadie

"We were all talking about you" said Lisa Kelly

« Reply #767 on: August 16, 2010, 02:53AM »

Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Cancer on the RUN.....Thank GOd...hope you continue to feel good and get your check ups...!  remember
                    when you helped me make my WALL papers for I O H 2009 and you did not feel well at all, but you
                    helped me anyway...I appreciate that kind of dedication...Now I need to make some for 2-0-1-0 for
                    S f t H...I did a PPT for the Australia tour..

Carla

Thanks For my Beautiful Deirdre Banner...GodsHorseGirl* * *
lisaholic nr1
« Reply #768 on: August 16, 2010, 05:16AM »

Rich,

As I told you earlier, I am so so so happy for you!!!!!!!!
Give yourself a big rest from all the worries and sickness, you deserve it more then anyone else I know.

Love,

Evi.
LISAFAN4EVER
Choir Member

Lisa's my hero!

« Reply #769 on: August 16, 2010, 08:53AM »

Fantastic news, Rich. I'm really very happy for you. Smiley

Maloney
Featured Soloist

« Reply #770 on: August 16, 2010, 10:06AM »

Thanks for the update !! =)  So good to hear that the towel has been taken away.

=)  yes!! We got to go ! 
Then there was Atlanta !
Jennifer
« Reply #771 on: August 16, 2010, 10:24AM »

RIch
My heart is singing right now! I am so happy for you!  Work hard...get a few vacation days stored up and come visit me soon! I have coffee!!!!!

love
Kathleen
Thanks, Kathleen. Right now, the job is part time, so I don't get vacation days.  But that also means I can pretty much take time off whenever I can afford it.  Soooooo...............  we may take you up on that coffee.

Now, I have more good news.  I just got home from seeing my oncologist.  I have not received (or needed) a chemotherapy infusion since February.  In the past 6 months, there has been a 75% reduction in the serum paraprotein level, which means I am now in partial remission!  The effects of the myeloma - loss of bone density, damage to kidneys, bone pain, etc. - will not go away, but they are not getting any worse.  This is probably the best news I could have hoped for, and it looks like you good folks may be stuck with me for quite some time yet.   Cheesy
that's fantastic! Smiley
SusanZ
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #772 on: August 16, 2010, 05:18PM »

Love ya, Rich! Between your good news and the announcement of Orlagh's Christmas DVD taping, I have been walking around with an idiotic grin on my face!

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
bpea55

Orlagh, So happy for you, Mom to be! WOO HOO!!!

« Reply #773 on: August 16, 2010, 06:04PM »

Rich

Ummm. Rich..I'm afraid it's YOU who are stuck with US!!!!!!!!!! Roll Eyes
Great news bud!!!!
Sooooo...come to Nashville! Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Bruce

"While we seek Myrth and Beauty and Music light and gay, there are frail forms waiting at the door.....though their voices are silent, their pleading lips will say,
"Oh, Hard times, come again no more..."
Thanks so much Orlagh!
I will always remember...
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #774 on: August 16, 2010, 09:39PM »

Love ya, Rich! Between your good news and the announcement of Orlagh's Christmas DVD taping, I have been walking around with an idiotic grin on my face!

Zee

I know, right?! This has been a week of good news! Grin

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #775 on: August 15, 2022, 06:52PM »

Sadly, Rich passed away in April 2012. Sad
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #776 on: September 23, 2022, 02:43AM »

Sadly, Rich passed away in April 2012. Sad
Indeed ....   Sad

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52]   Go Up
  Print